Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! (3615 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Lagos Government Warns On Ocean Surge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by opalu: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
[b]David Mark warns on 2015 presidency: Don’t campaign for me
On June 12, 2011 · In News

BY PETER DURU

Senate President David Mark has cautioned his supporters and leaders of the Benue South Senatorial district against campaigning for him in the 2015 presidency.

Mark warned that it was morally wrong for anyone to embark on such a campaign for him when he did not commission anyone to do so.

Speaking in Otukpo at a special luncheon he organised at the weekend to express his gratitude to the people of Benue South district for electing him back to the Senate, Mark asked Idoma leaders to support him to complete his second term as Senate president, rather than expend energy on presidential campaigns.

He said: “Please stop the campaigns; no more further campaigns for what will happen in 2015. The time has not come and we cannot afford the distraction”.

Mark urged the Benue South to offer him the complete support he needs to successfully carry out the duties of his office.

While appreciating Nigerians for their support for his leadership of the Senate, the Senate president particularly expressed gratitude to President Jonathan and wife, Dame Patience, for backing his re-election from the very day he declared his intention for his fourth term[/b]
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by opalu: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by opalu: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
What a cheap and weak campaign strategy! You are one of the wasted forces. Go home and rest!

^Copied from a the website
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
Come to think of it. . .in my opinion, David Mark would not be a bad choice for 2015 presidency anyway. I just love the man's grace, confident elegance, charisma and smooth leadership carriage. He comes across as a man that was Born to Command; a natural leader. Although I strongly doubt that 'the north' would allow a Christian take up their presidential slot. But then that's a matter for another day. I guess we would have to get to the bridge first before we cross it.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by SkyBlue1: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
pro01:

Come to think of it. . .in my opinion, David Mark would not be a bad choice for 2015 presidency anyway. I just love the man's grace, confident elegance, charisma and smooth leadership carriage. He comes across as a man that was Born to Command; a natural leader. Although I strongly doubt that 'the north' would allow a Christian take up their presidential slot. But then that's a matter for another day. I guess we would have to get to the bridge first before we cross it.

The same man that said mobile phones were not for the poor? I wonder whether he ever thinks of that statement in retrospect.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by opalu: 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
[s]
pro01:

[/s]

David Mark Are u serious??
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by hercules07: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
Pro1

Have you been to Otukpo before, that place is like a village, the people have not felt the impact of that man called David Mark, this is just the opening move of a campaign, the guy dey craze.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by dempeople(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
Glaring campaign strategy. I even doubt there're people campaigning for him 'against' his will.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by MaiSuya(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
hercules07:

Pro1

Have you been to Otukpo before, that place is like a village, the people have not felt the impact of that man called David Mark, this is just the opening move of a campaign, the guy dey craze.

I have been there a couple of times and can testify to some of the things the man has done for his people.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by markiris: 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2011
opalu:

^Copied from a the website

who in your perception qualify the most?? Atuku Abubakar maybe. Allow time and the people to decide. We all dont have same destiny. All stars doesn't shine the same my brother.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by T9ksy(m): 11:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
I can't believe some posters here are even considering this mo.ron (for lack of a better adjective) as our presidential candidate in the future.

This dumb contraption is definately cursed!!!
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by hercules07: 7:10am On Jun 13, 2011
Mai Suya

Oya testify to what David Mark has done, I am listening.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by enyojo(f): 8:42am On Jun 13, 2011
Don't mind them jare.
Mark should be grateful to God if he finishes as a Senate President 'cos many of his legislative attrocities would be uncovered soon.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Horlazuncanmi(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2011
Any body canvassing for David Mark are both enemies of democracy like DAVID MARK himself, that Guy is an enemy of democracy, i prayed Ononja disgrace him this time around at the tribunal, anyone canvassing for him is Insane
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by oderemo(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2011
in the land of the blind even one with only 1/4 vision becomes king. no be so.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2011
What is so wrong about David Mark? I think he's a strong, charismatic and graceful leader - and that's about it. But then all this anxiety is uncalled for because the man has not declared his interest in the presidency - he just started his (unprecedented) second term as Senate President for Christ's sake. Any permutation about the merits or demerits of his (hypothetical) candidacy for the presidency is totally needless for now.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Demoladoc: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
[i]The same man that said mobile phones were not for the poor? I wonder whether he ever thinks of that statement in retrospect

i dont understand how what someone said 26yrs ago can be used to judge him now since people, events and life have all moved on.

David Mark has shown grace and character in leading the senate over the past years and has demonstrated how people can be democraticalised.

And by the way Otupko doesnt have to be developed by Mark. hes not the governor or local government chairman

people must reason with their heads and not their As.ses instead of jumping on the bandwagon and critisis the man.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by holahabib: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
This sounds like GEJ, please don't rig for me. And what did we get massive rigging. Please don't campaign for me for 2015. Watch wat'll happen next
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by noblegas2(m): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
same Old wine in , lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Gbenge77(m): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2011
His leadership style is so uninspiring.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by teskyg: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
David Mark:The guy has never won any election in Zone C.There are so many glaring facts this time around to Nail him at the Tribunal.Zone C is suffering from total Infrastructural decay.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by teskyg: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
David Mark:despite all the ills and misgivings about him,he run the affairs of the Senate effectively.He took the decisive decision that Save Nigeria during the reins of the cabal.DM for presido.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by ekwynwa: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
David who? pls give me a break sad sad
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Badesh(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
Sky Blue,

David Mark said mobile phones were not for the poor and he meant it. OBJ once said bottle water was a luxury to the citizenry. Aren't both of them from the old order?. Leave the tough talking ex-soldier to hallucinate about the future which he is not in control of. Going to his constituency to organize what is more like a "come chop" and further playing on their pysche in readiness for the next dispensation. His ambition can only be likened to that of OBJ's third term for which he was part of those that thwarted that ambition. He shall surely eat out of the pie.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Roland17(m): 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
greedy mark, he is already campaigning for himself and needs support from the North.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
@the bold
Haba! mister, are you sure you don't have problem with your eyes? Otukpo by all standard is a city in-the-making and it is most unfair of you to likened it to a village.
BTW, no disrespect intended.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by vicenzo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
David who? Only in his ogogoro induced dreams,keep drinking mark,this is a wonderful dream.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
What is so wrong about David Mark? I think he's a strong, charismatic and graceful leader - and that's about it. But then all this anxiety is uncalled for because the man has not declared his interest in the presidency - he just started his (unprecedented) second term as Senate President for Christ's sake. Any permutation about the merits or demerits of his (hypothetical) candidacy for the presidency is totally needless for now.
@pro01
Well said
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Only a man with exceptional ingenuity can successfully pilot the affairs of the Nigerian senate that is so diverse in opinion and ideas, and David Mark has proven to be that man. He will get my support anytime, any day in whatever office he aspire to occupy.
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by unipol(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
is this not the same man who watered down the uwaifo electoral reforms?
Re: David Mark Warns On 2015 Presidency: Don’t Campaign For Me! by BetaThings: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
2 months ago, we were never given any space, it was Buhari truncated democracy, Buhari truncated Buhari
When did that happen? more than 27 years ago; against a civilian president who was clueless and vicious while rigging

Now somebody is exonerating Mark for what he did 26years ago
Now let us think a little
If Mark as Minister of Communications said phone was not the poor, how is that related to that era
A minister is to cater for all Nigerians - poor or rich
If such became president, since we still have poor people, will he not be a president of the rich?
Ok, what law that benefitted the masses did Mark champion as senate president
Since he was "strong", he should have been able to get certain things done
What did the senate under him do about electoral reform
As for passing a resolution to make Jonathan ag president, it was done to forestall a coup
An who would lose from a coup
Above all, Mark was amongst the people who insisted that the June 12 election should be annulled
Mark is the greatest anti-democratic element who has benefitted the most from democracy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Uduaghan’s Thugs Strikes Again Headed By Michael Diden(aka Ejele) In Sapele / Bakare Prophesies That Jonathan Will Die In Power If He Does Not Revert Fuel Pri / Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.