Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate (702 Views)

Obasanjo Is A Horrible Liar And An Illiterate Too – Soyinka / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) / Anyone Coming From Abroad To Nigeria? Pls Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by MariaP: 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
Dear NLanders,

I want to send money through western union to my uncle in Naija who's an illiterate. He doesn't understand English nor even pidgin English. He speaks only Igbo.
I asked him if i should send it to one of his nephews, he declined saying he would cheat him.
Is there a way he could collect the money from western union despite his illiteracy? undecided
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by tpia5: 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2011
he can collect the money but it's better if he goes there with someone he trusts and who speaks english, who can monitor the transaction.

either way, it's a tough situation.
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by MariaP: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
tpia@:

he can collect the money but it's better if he goes there with someone he trusts and who speaks english, who can monitor the transaction.

either way, it's a tough situation.
Oh really? Thanx! What if they ask him to sign?
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by tpia5: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^hmm, that's a tough one.

i guess it would be up to the bank.

however, he does run the risk of being refused the money though i cant say for sure.
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by snowdrops(m): 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2011
he can thumb print instead of signing.
the word illiiterate is kind of 1960s.
better to be at least politically correct eg. uneducated, etc.
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by MariaP: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
snowdrops:

he can thumb print instead of signing.
the word illiiterate is kind of 1960s.
better to be at least  politically correct eg. uneducated, etc.
Oh great! Thanx, But do you think they'd be willing to give him the money?
Tpia said she wasn't sure about that,
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by snowdrops(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
i dont see why not, provided he has an ID, g passport, driving licence, national ID card.
Re: Sending Money From Abroad To An Illiterate by MariaP: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
snowdrops:

i dont see why not, provided he has an ID, g passport, driving licence, national ID card.
Thanx so much!

(1) (Reply)

Meet Me Here And On Facebook For Your Laptop Problems Every Wedesday And Friday / Luxury Lodging In Lagos / How Do I Forget Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.