Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 (15341 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by baralatie(m): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2021
seanswitch:
Okay

"The power project will have three phases: to take Nigeria’s operational capacity of the grid from less than 5,000MW to 7000MW by 2021; further increase the capacity to 11,000MW by 2023; and achieve total operational generation and national grid capacity to 25,000MW by 2025.

In July 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the payment of €15.21 million and N1.708 billion as counterpart funding for the PPI.

Speaking on the new development, Suleiman said the pre-engineering phase of the project would be completed in 10 months."

“We are not adding any generation capacity but we want to make sure that we fix the dilapidated transmission and distribution networks.

“We are doing the pre-engineering for the distribution network of this country. We have already got a letter of credit from the Federal Government to start it.

“The design is done in our head office. For the transmission scope, we were given initially 11 sites; they have added 22 sites.

“Execution is when you go to sites. But in the next three months, we want to start putting the proposal for phase one together, not when we finish the pre-engineering.

“So, if phase one goes into reality before the end of the current administration, it means we would have been able to move from 4,500MW to 7,000MW.”
That is a lot of work o
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Omooba77: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2021
NGpatriot:

I was expecting you to speak your North Central Hausa Fulani language, abi you are not from the North again?

Den don take lies and fraud, swear for you Igbos..

grin grin

I guess you are demented.....Check all post... I am proudly Kwaran.... Why must you see every one opposing your view as ipob...
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 10:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Omooba77:

I guess you are demented.....Check all post... I am proudly Kwaran.... Why must you see every one opposing your view as ipob...

What is the meaning of this ipob rubbish?

I asked you to reply me in your North Central Hausa Fulani language..

Silly abia village ipob..

grin grin
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Omooba77: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2021
NGpatriot:

What is the meaning of this ipob rubbish?

I asked you to reply me in your North Central Hausa Fulani language..

Silly abia village ipob..

grin grin

Otun mo iya Osho ju Osho lo.... OK I am what you said....You do well by being unprogrammed....
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by erniok(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
If no Nigerian companies can do some of the work now, then I feel the FG should just make the Germans do majority of the work

The only reason the FG is dragging her foot and shouting local content is because Nigerians are still paying for Power Supply they are not using.

I blame Nigerians for all this shit sha.

After Siemens do this project and power supply increase, then we can start insisting on massive local content when we wanna expand from 20,000MW.

Nigerians need power supply, local content should not be used in delaying this project.

The ones that Nigerians cant do, should be transferred to the Germans.

The main aim for now is for electricity supply to Nigerians should improve.

If not for generator and solar, I hardly have up to 3hrs power supply daily
This has been my thought on this project, we can start with say 30% local content with an agreement for 100% transfer in say 20 years. Let us understudy them especially in maintenance area and imbibe the culture.we can even use local content as an edge when discussing funding. This is doable.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by badesco(m): 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigerians are sick and tired of hearing cock and bull stories yet nothing happens. We are in haste to see the end of these visionless administration.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
Omooba77:

Otun mo iya Osho ju Osho lo.... OK I am what you said....You do well by being unprogrammed....

Stop speaking vernacular, I don't understand your rubbish.

You can not even speak proper English..
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Moorish: 11:14am On Feb 16, 2022
COMPAQ:

This is just typical shallow Nigerian news without details.

Can anyone tell me exactly how Siemens plans to get us from our current paltry 4000MW to 7000MW? Is it by providing gas to existing under utilized gas plants? If so, where is the gas magically going to come from? Or do they plan to deploy grid scale solar and wind?

And then how are we to get from 7000MW to 11,000MW and then on the 25,000MW. Even if money were not an impediment, that sort of jump would still be very challenging to pull off, given the so many things that can go wrong with executing a project like this in Nigeria beyond the financial aspects.

As far as I'm concerned this is all just shallow talk, as there is no concrete plan!!
As you rightly said, yes we have power plants sitting idly. I think Siemens plans to optimize our transmission infrastructure so that those idle power plants can come on stream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Election: I Will Not Labour In Vain - Hon Yusuf Lasun / Again, House Of Reps Passes Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.