Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) (41289 Views)

Check Out What I Saved From My Can Piggybank For 5 Months / Best Online Savings And Investment, PIGGYBANK Vs COWRYWISE By [sundiatapost.com] / Earn More When You Save On Piggybank.ng N500 Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by freemi(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I serious need to imbibe this ...
it's the best decision u will make. Was shocked when I opened mine

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by emmanuelbrown26: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Your economics is poor.

What is the use of his saving?

All the values of the money he has been saving have been halved or quartered by soaring inflation.

You should know when to save, and when not to.

It is not profitable for our government to save now because inflation will render it useless. Imagine saving 200k this month, and having its value halved the next month.

It is like putting an item in your cart on Jumia.com. This month, the item was 50k. You had 50k this month, but decided to save it. By next month, the 50k you saved is still 50k in value, but the item you saved in your cart might have become 55k or even 60k. That means your 50k of last month has lost value.

While highly profitable investment is always high risk, it is a better way to protect against inflation than saving money.

Yeah, u are right, but remember, what we are talking about here is savings not investment. U can't invest without having savings

5 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by jornwhite: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
braveheart77:

Those are management fees really and its normal to get normal charges.

This nigga paid 15k for his own management fee, will gtb charge up to that? Also he is without insurance and risks huge loss. There’s also opportunity cost being interest lost on investment.

Savings is good but investment is better.

If you believe he bought a common "kolo" for 15k then you might as well believe bail is free.

Lets tell ourselves the truth, banks are white collar thieves ... banks ask people to cumma open an account free, they trade/invest with people's money make profit and still charge people unwarranted fee, monkey dey work baaboon dey chop case
if token fee charged over deposit & withdrawal are management fee, then what is monthly maintainance fee for, nothing is normal in naija n thats the fact.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by pemi1975: 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
For this Buhari time
You must be big to conveniently save 1k daily when others are finding it very difficult to even make 1k daily. shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Yeah, u are right, but remember, what we are talking about here is savings not investment. U can't invest without having savings

You can invest without having personal savings such as the one you put in piggy banks (kolo).

If we all save, there would be deflation. At this time, government should be spending, not saving. As long as they are borrowing responsibly, it is better than saving.

And if they can fight insecurity, especially in Borno (a viable food source), and lower the cost of petrol, then we can fight off food inflation. And to do all these things, we need to borrow. We just need to borrow.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Testimony1988(m): 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good, if you can use bank to be saving your money, it will yield interest for you when you don't touch it.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by liya11: 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Perfectman91:
How can you buy kolo for 15,000. Are you okay?

I think he met onefive.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ishilove:

Oga Gazzuzz, what is turn eba doing in the picture? Is that what you used to count the money? cheesy

It is there for security reasons wink
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
credon:

But wait, did you use insecticides or pesticides on the money to prevent fungi and paper eating moth, or even termite from dealing with it

I live indoors not outdoors (jungle lalastic lala tins) wink
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by theamazonguru(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
obembet:
Make-up and data has finished my Data... I think I need Good bf that will talk to my sense now.

Am not doing BIGO LIVE again

You dey use data do make up ni.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Ignyte(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
flexlatifa:
Money that u would have invested u are saving. Abi u no dey hear say naira dey fall every day??
Make the guy just use the money buy USDT now then forget the money till next year
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
SocialJustice:
Get the PiggyVest app, you can save electronically there plus this one.

Life nor to serious like that. This one nah change from.pocket after coming home.

That pigyvest no work with semi ipob like me. We use money to make money.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
caracas:

Oga is it the 1,1k he saves, you expect him to invest? How can you invest without bulk money? N how would you get bulk money if you don't save? Pls savings n investments are two different things, both of them are good and they compliment each other, so stop the comparisons
Well said bro. Much love jare

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by wpadmin: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
obembet:
Make-up and data has finished my Data... I think I need Good bf that will talk to my sense now.

Am not doing BIGO LIVE again

Lol
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Princeadebayo11(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
QuickStandard:
I get charges of more than 15k a month. So I doubt your assertion
You don't get the point, if you are using the account for savings, there won't be withdraw changes, you won't transfer, you won't recharge and no ATM charges. I was dumped 1,000 with GTB for almost 2 years and my money was still intact when I went to update my account
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by QuickStandard: 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
Princeadebayo11:

You don't get the point, if you are using the account for savings, there won't be withdraw changes, you won't transfer, you won't recharge and no ATM charges. I was dumped 1,000 with GTB for almost 2 years and my money was still intact when I went to update my account
Ok, I get your point....
More like having a fix deposit account.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Princeadebayo11(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
QuickStandard:
You don't get it, if you are running a kind of savings account like this, you won't have ATM charges because you won't need ATM, no withdrawal charges, no transfer charges, no online deposit charges. I was abandoned 1k in GTB for almost 2 years because I had issues with the account the day I went to clear the issue I saw my 1k smiling at me after like 2 years
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
I will also need to imbed this coming next year by His grace, give away things loading

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Anny4me: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
[color=#550000]In January I bought the kolo box , I was motivated by stories I had read online after opening to find some HUGE savings cheesy

So I followed suite, can't remember but Im guessing I bought the box ₦15,000 and I started .

When I close I put all my 1k change into the box, these days every one run cashless transactions, so there were weeks I would literarily have nothing to put inside sha.

Dec is here , could not wait till 31st make i see how much i don cover.

To count curled up money no easy o! Took over 1hr but finally counting could begin

Final count ₦257,000 actually ₦258,000 my baby was helping to count and Japan with 1k grin

This is how I opened it.

Money is now with madam, will reseal box in the office and continue till 2022 Dec in Jesus name, insha Allah.

Thanks for reading
I did similar thing on my side was able to save 237k in all. Last yr I saved 120k am sure by his grace nxt yr I am gonna do more since it's gonna be me and wifey doing the savings

2 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Goddyj(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Very good of you, but the problem with this method is fire or a thief can lay hands on it and disappear with the whole bank

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by SocialJustice: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Life nor to serious like that. This one nah change from.pocket after coming home.

That pigyvest no work with semi ipob like me. We use money to make money.
grin
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

It is there for security reasons wink
Hahahahahaha! You for kuku hire vigilante na cheesy
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Ishilove: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
I think I need this mykolo in my life. Seriously

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ishilove:
I think I need this mykolo in my life. Seriously

Me too. I am really going to start in January. I helped a friend count hers too. Saved about #50,000 naira... I don't know when she started, though, but it definitely hasn't been up to a year when she started and broke it.

grin It's really good. If you don't have any cash at hand, you're literally 'handicapped' and cannot break the kolo, to be spending anyhow.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by DECLAN2015(m): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
SocialJustice:
Get the PiggyVest app, you can save electronically there plus this one.

Or cashbox
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Jaytecq(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
NovesaTillie:
The best bank. No SMS alert charges No card maintenance charges No AC allowance charges Just you and rat and your money cheesy
Security nko?
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Me too. I am really going to start in January. I helped a friend count hers too. Saved about #50,000 naira... I don't know when she started, though, but it definitely hasn't been up to a year when she started and broke it.

grin It's really good. If you don't have any cash at hand, you're literally 'handicapped' and cannot break the kolo, to be spending anyhow.
Better than using a bank that is accessible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by Fogman(m): 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
[color=#550000]In January I bought the kolo box , I was motivated by stories I had read online after opening to find some HUGE savings cheesy

So I followed suite, can't remember but Im guessing I bought the box ₦15,000 and I started .

When I close I put all my 1k change into the box, these days every one run cashless transactions, so there were weeks I would literarily have nothing to put inside sha.

Dec is here , could not wait till 31st make i see how much i don cover.

To count curled up money no easy o! Took over 1hr but finally counting could begin

Final count ₦257,000 actually ₦258,000 my baby was helping to count and Japan with 1k grin

This is how I opened it.

Money is now with madam, will reseal box in the office and continue till 2022 Dec in Jesus name, insha Allah.

Thanks for reading

Nice. I also did similar stuff, but mine was with my bank. So in February I decided to register for Diamond bank eSUSU and tagged it as savings for rent, didn't remember about it, until today, so i decided to check my savings and whao, i have saved 275k and i still has 1 months more to go.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by bjtinz: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
QuickStandard:

Easy. lipsrsealed
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by emmanuelbrown26: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You can invest without having personal savings such as the one you put in piggy banks (kolo).

If we all save, there would be deflation. At this time, government should be spending, not saving. As long as they are borrowing responsibly, it is better than saving.

And if they can fight insecurity, especially in Borno (a viable food source), and lower the cost of petrol, then we can fight off food inflation. And to do all these things, we need to borrow. We just need to borrow.
In this part of the world, u need to save in other to invest, why is savings a necessity is bcs of an emergency.
Re: See How Much I Got After Opening My Piggybank (Kolo) by QuickStandard: 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ok
bjtinz:

Easy. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fisayo Fosudo: Nigerian Tech Apps That Helped Me Make Money In 2020 / MMM Participant Breaks Silence After Loosing N3million To Scheme / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.