Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,475 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! (438 Views)

Is It A Crime To Encourge Your Partner:read My Story Please / Your Partner Does Not Deserve Your TRUST And This is The Reason Why! / What do you love most about your partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! by sirjamesjnr(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2021
I ran into an old friend of mine, she is shallow of herself. I took interest in knowing how a very lively person turns into a walking corpse. These are exact words
"Mich was an emotionally manipulative person who made sure that he eradicated the last shred of self-respect and faith I had in myself. It was not easy being in a relationship with him. He broke up at his own behest a million times as and when he felt like it. He punished me by not talking to me and not telling me what I had done wrong every time some action of mine hurt him instead of communicating like a grown mature adult in a healthy relationship would do. Mostly the relationship consisted of excessive apologies, verbal abuses, and emotionally draining. However, I stuck through. Stupid decision, I realize it now but at the time when it's easier for somebody to psychologically and emotionally manipulate you, you get swayed.
The injuries on the top were his escapades and infidelities that I refused to believe all along despite signs being there. Because only an idiot would do something like this to me given my past right? Wrong. Eventually, I got hold of one of the girl's numbers whose story had come floating along with others to my ears. I never bothered checking the veracity of those stories or even asking him. I called her and what happened next is not hard to guess. Eventually, he fessed up to having dated 8 other girls during the course of our almost 2-year relationship. I ended the relationship but every trust in my heart die with Mich. James, I am 28. I never cheated in my relationship, but I am very scared to be with any man. I like family, I will like to have two beautiful souls and grow old with them but how can I trust any man with my heart again."

For those who are in a relationship, this is what being cheated upon feels like?
1. It breaks you.
2. It breaks your spirit to fight for yourself.
3. It makes you stay up at night wondering what exactly is it that you did wrong.
4. You lose faith in relationships. you never want to try again.
5 It gives you enormous anxiety and self-esteem issues.
6. Cynicism becomes a way of life.
7. Anytime anyone wants to love you and heal memories of the past, it makes you want to kill yourself because your mind keeps telling you that the same is going to happen.

Please note that merely calling doing something like this cheating is naive. It's nothing less than destroying somebody's outlook on themselves and on things around them for a long time.

What you have as red pillar wannabe, Nigerian feminist, men are scum group, wannabe independent ladies and I don't want to get marry group is as a result of a bad selfish decision of someone who couldn't have simple self-control. It is not natural for a man to be UNFAITHFUL, It is a choice. Women you are a gatekeeper, value that man's sanity.
I like to ask What it is like to be cheated upon in a relationship?
How were you able to pull yourself together?
Is faithfulness necessary in a relationship?
Those that had the experience share it.
No bashing of men/ women so we can hear from their struggles and how they heal.

Ishilove, Poco, Dr. Funmi. I like to read your inputs.
Have great weekend folks.
Re: Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! by pansophist(m): 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
Why is she still in the relationship with him? It's like sitting in a furnace, while being shocked you're burnt at the end. It's her duty to save herself, and she failed woefully at that.
Re: Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! by sirjamesjnr(m): 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
pansophist:
Why is she still in the relationship with him? It's like sitting in a furnace while being shocked you're burnt at the end. She must save herself, and she failed woefully at that.
. She left the relationship. Was only telling me her experience.
Re: Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! by Magnoliaa(f): 5:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mtcheeewwwwww x 100.
Re: Before You Put Yourself Above Your Partner Read This! by MufasaLion: 5:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
I put myself above anybody!

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Reason Why The Groom Doesn`t See The Bride B4 The Wedding Ceremony / The Secretary At My Service / 10 Secrets In Marriage You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.