Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims (1611 Views)

Imran Molaasan: Yoruba Muslims Will Suffocate If Nigeria Disintegrates / Yoruba Muslims Sign Petition Against Oodua Republic / Discrimination Of Christian In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by SirBlack999(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2021
Genuine question. Why are Yoruba Muslims not regarded by their Northern counterparts?

I remember a friend saying something about how they were also victims at the hands of Northern Muslims during the Jos numerous crisis. To the extent they had to seek refuge with their fellow Southerners who happened to be Christians.

Also, in the North, Yoruba Muslims worship at a different mosque away from their northern counterparts.

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Tetrahedron: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2021
grin grin grin Lol
Yoruba muslims your day just break?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by StreetFight: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirBlack999:
Genuine question. Why are Yoruba Muslims not regarded by their Northern counterparts?

I remember a friend saying something about how they were also victims at the hands of Northern Muslims during the Jos numerous crisis. To the extent they hard to seek refuge with their fellow Southerners who happened to be Christians.

Also, in the North, Yoruba Muslims worship at a different mosque away from their northern counterparts.

I am a Yoruba Nigga
I am a Muslim

Why will I worry myself about what Almajaris think about me? Even Saudis cannot tell me how to worship God, I will rather leave their Religion for them if it's becoming too political.

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Only Ishaq AKINTOLA is Muslim in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
Only Ishaq AKINTOLA is Muslim in Yorubaland

YORUBAS ARE MOSLEMS, CHRISTIANS AND IFAS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Only Ishaq AKINTOLA and his followers are Muslims in Yorubaland.

YORUBAS ARE MOSLEMS, CHRISTIANS AND IFAS.

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by orisa37: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Only Ishaq AKINTOLA and his followers are Muslims in Yorubaland.

YORUBAS ARE IFAS, ISLAMISTS, MOSLEMS, AND CHRISTIANS.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by alanto: 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
Asampetenwaanyi you no dey ever tell your people to stop opening useless thread but you are quick to call the mod when the table shift. Bigsarah

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by BuyMeBanger: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirBlack999:

Maybe northerners like Sudanese and Somalians think they're Arabs now ergo they THINK they're better than their Yoruba counterparts or it could just be a localized thing smiley
Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirBlack999:

I remember a friend saying something about how they were also victims at the hands of Northern Muslims during the Jos numerous crisis. To the extent they hard to seek refuge with their fellow Southerners who happened to be Christians.

Rubbish!

Here in Niger state and kontagora precisely there is a mosque there where Yoruba imams leads prayer while the hausas follow.

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
alanto:
Asampetenwaanyi you no dey ever tell your people to stop opening useless thread but you are quick to call the mod when the table shift. Bigsarah

They are jobless.

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
StreetFight:

I am a Yoruba Nigga
I am a Muslim

Why will I worry myself about what Almajaris think about me? Even Saudis cannot tell me how to worship God, I will rather leave their Religion for them if it's becoming too political.
Another Ipob miscreant.

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Saao(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirBlack999:

witnessed one funny scenario 2014 between katsina and kano state. My company was handling some airports modernisation projects then for fg. I represent my company, I'm from middle belt, my company contracted a yoruba Muslim from Lagos and a staff of Faan from their civil engineering department who happened to be my junior in school then. After we did our job in katsina airport, we went through road to kano to board our flight to Lagos because katsina airport isn't a commercial airport. In between katsina and kano, the driver stopped to pray, I was the only Christian among then. I was waiting for them while I was seeing them praying, suddenly, two of the worshipers, picked the yuroba Muslim and threw him out, oboy the guy came back angry and I was planning to escape if it escalate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Asgard73:
I Don’t do religion..

But one thing I observe.. in the North, Muslim North still prefer yoruba Christians to yoruba muslims.
Something about Yoruba Muslims .. they kinda operate like a close group. More like a fraternity.

Northern Muslims are free, bold .. welcoming and very understanding... only don’t joke around with Islam.
J
You just luv saying rubbish.
Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
StreetFight:

I am a Yoruba Nigga
I am a Muslim

grin liberal Yoruba Muslim

Hope dey your side

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
ItooWorWor:

J
Truth hurts

An average northern sees the south as Christian filled and rate the yorubas in it inconsequential

I believe you saw the recent outburst by aminu that no southerner would become president again (including those who share their religion)

A very different ball game when Southerners are ok with Northern Christians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
ItooWorWor:

J
Truth hurts

An average northern sees the south as Christian filled and rate the yorubas muslims in it inconsequential

I believe you saw the recent outburst by aminu that no southerner would become president again (including those who share their religion)

Kukah, eneche, Joshua Salman etc are Northern Christian's that probably have more support in the south than even the north, they hold Christian leadership roles for entire Christian's eg CAN and PFN too

Mention a Yoruba Muslim that is regarded with cult following in the north.

Yoruba Muslims don't even have Muslim leaders even when they have oba Muslims simply because the Northern Muslims know such role would shatter their leadership from sultan.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
Saao:
witnessed one funny scenario 2014 between katsina and kano state. My company was handling some airports modernisation projects then for fg. I represent my company, I'm from middle belt, my company contracted a yoruba Muslim from Lagos and a staff of Faan from their civil engineering department who happened to be my junior in school then. After we did our job in katsina airport, we went through road to kano to board our flight to Lagos because katsina airport isn't a commercial airport. In between katsina and kano, the driver stopped to pray, I was the only Christian among then. I was waiting for them while I was seeing them praying, suddenly, two of the worshipers, picked the yuroba Muslim and threw him out, oboy the guy came back angry and I was planning to escape if it escalate.
grin I swear on my grand father grave

I was supervising a building project, their was this Yoruba Muslim in his 70's named wasiu

He was a bricklayer and i used him cos of his experience in plastering, the guy was using a Northern Muslim named Mohamed for service

They have been working for years, one Friday the wasiu was done with work and said he was going to pray

I asked Mohamed why he wasn't going with wasiu for prayers, he said wasiu is a Yoruba Muslim (I understood he meant fake Muslim) because he added that they drink alcohol etc even though I have never seen the man with alcohol

They keep denying but even their prophet made it clear Islam is a religion of superiority and all humans aren't equal

Sahih al-Bukhari 3411
Narrated Abu Musa:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Many amongst men reached (the level of) perfection but none amongst the women reached this level except Asia, Pharaoh's wife, and Mary, the daughter of `Imran. And no doubt, the superiority of `Aisha to other women is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. a meat and bread dish) to other meals."

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by shariff84: 1:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Iam northerner,we don't differentiate as most of you assumed.in kontagora here we have NASFAT mosque control by yoruba in G.R.A,both hausa and yoruba used to pray together even though the imam is yoruba Man.
We also have another yoruba mosque close to new market,alot of hausas pray there.All this kind thread used to be created by Igbo just to cause division.

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by walefresh3(m): 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mr Man thier is nothing like Yoruba Muslim...Yoruba is Yoruba ...[1quote author=Tetrahedron post=108374662] grin grin grin Lol
Yoruba muslims your day just break?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
shariff84:
Iam northerner,we don't differentiate as most of you assumed.in kontagora here we have NASFAT mosque control by yoruba in G.R.A,both hausa and yoruba used to pray together even though the imam is yoruba Man.
We also have another yoruba mosque close to new market,alot of hausas pray there.All this kind thread used to be created by Igbo just to cause division.
Kontagora isn't supreme Islam region now or is it a Sharia state?

Kontagora has numerous yorubas including suleja etc so it's liberal as numerous tribes do business in those areas

Go to zamfara, Borno, sokoto etc where islam is Islam and say this

2 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
ItooWorWor:

Rubbish!

Here in Niger state and kontagora precisely there is a mosque there where Yoruba imams leads prayer while the hausas follow.
Kontagora is Niger state, Dem nassarawa, Abuja have watered down Islam majorly because they aren't Sharia states

With proximity to Abuja and settlers from all regions this shouldn't be a surprise
Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Leverage2021: 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s]

OKORO USELESS PEOPLE NOTE THAT NORTH DO GIVE CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION ON ISLAMIC RELIGION A HAUSA OR FULANI MAN CAN NEVER BE AN IMAN IN OYO OR ONDO NOT EVEN IN OSUN.
They already have certificate with the sole right of sighting moon for you

ItooWorWor:

Deluded religious fanaticcheesy

Yoruba Muslims don't need permission from anyone to be Muslims, so shook your fanatic ideas and dreams up your asss.
Quote me when you have balls to sight moon for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ThEGodFaThEr106: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
Saao:
Northerners know that Yellobar Moslems are Yahoo Yahoo moselems, they are whyning themselves.

5 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
StreetFight:

I am a Yoruba Nigga
I am a Muslim

I've observed you for a while
you're very different

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ArewaNorth: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
SirBlack999:

I remember a friend saying something about how they were also victims at the hands of Northern Muslims during the Jos numerous crisis. To the extent they had to seek refuge with their fellow Southerners who happened to be Christians.

You are very ignorant of what u are saying or perhaps trying to mislead the usual gullibiles.
In almost all Northern Universities and other tertiary institutions, Yoruba and Kogi people are mostly officials of Islamic religious organisations and societies.
They're mostly the Imams and Muazzim of the school's mosques.

The leading Imam of Abuja central mosque is Sheikh Ahmad Onilewura, a Yoruba man.

Yoruba do have their mosques in some Northern states because of the type of Juma'at sermon delivered by their Imams, they mostly give their sermon in English due to non Hausa speaking Muslims and nothing more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
shariff84:
then why do you people kill them? You guys massacred 500 yoruba Muslims in nassarawa Gwong during jos 2008 crisis ...its on record

4 Likes

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Leverage2021:
Kontagora is Niger state, Dem nassarawa, Abuja have watered down Islam majorly because they aren't Sharia states

With proximity to Abuja and settlers from all regions this shouldn't be a surprise

Another rubhish excuse cheesy and i don't care how north view all yorubas, you gyyz should stop spreading lies.
Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by alanto: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
I've observed you for a while
you're very different
Doesn’t mean you still like him. He’s Yoruba and Muslim your double nightmare combo grin

1 Like

Re: Discrimination Of Yoruba Muslims by ItooWorWor(m): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
Leverage2021:
Truth hurts

An average northern sees the south as Christian filled and rate the yorubas muslims in it inconsequential

Kukah, eneche, Joshua Salman etc are Northern Christian's that probably have more support in the south than even the north, they hold Christian leadership roles for entire Christian's eg CAN and PFN too

Mention a Yoruba Muslim that is regarded with cult following in the north.

Yoruba Muslims don't even have Muslim leaders even when they have oba Muslims simply because the Northern Muslims know such role would shatter their leadership from sultan.

Deluded religious fanaticcheesy

Yoruba Muslims don't need permission from anyone to be Muslims, so shook your fanatic ideas and dreams up your asss.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi: The North Is Indirectly Saying That It Is The Turn Of The Igbos / Updated: Olunloyo is alive but in critical condition - Family / 2023: APC Cries Over Peter Obi's Popularity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.