Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,880 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (54824 Views)

All Flights across The US Grounded Due To Computer Outage / Emirates Suspends All Flights From Nigeria From September 1 / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Dreytonisback(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2021
If not bc Nigeria are the country that visits UAE more than any other country in the world , I'm very sure UAE must've banned Nigeria and deny them visa a long time ago
Nigerians are not worth associating with , yes I said so and I'm Nigerian.

When you're abroad do all it takes to avoid being friends with Nigerians and thank me later

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by jassmenn(m): 8:29am On Dec 11, 2021
See you, you think say if those aboki will take this decision if them no have substantial stake in Air Peace
EyenNtokon:

the 9ja is protecting our own AIR PEACE Interest. Thank GOD Na igbo man even get air peace sef, if not una 4....... (mak i drink water, i'm coming back)
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by dalass(f): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2021
frankson1:

Hanty, you should ask questions and or read to understand.

Air Peace was restricted to once per week into UAE while Emirates was flying 21 times per week from same UAE.

What wrong has the "Abokis" in government done by standing up to their bully undecided undecided

I don't expect any sane human to be against the government.

When Buhari went to UAE, he should have gone with his business people instead of his abokis, where such things could have been negotiated and well laid out in black and white!

Uncle, please understand that his going there brought Emirates back but because they're known for begging for crumbs, those ones felt they could have their way as usual by having more flights than us.

It was another kind pf disagreement that stopped Emirates from coming to Nigeria for a long while before they came back. If such things have been spelt out, there would be no room for any kind of imbalance/ misunderstanding.

What do I know? A government that announced the resuscitation of Nigerian Airways but many years after..... nothing!
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by jaxxy(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2021
Pacesetter123:

"Over taken and left us behind"?
According to you,there was a time we were ahead of some countries.
So during that time,were we having sense?

Back then it seemed we had sense bt now it’s more than sure we don’t.

We have become the worst.

If u want to speak positively that’s fine bt we should also tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by DaInferno(m): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2021
MrMaestro:
The Nigerian government has responded to the UAEs ban on multiple flights to the UAE from Nigeria’s Air Peace. As a result, the government has also rescinded the previous approval of 21 flights to Nigeria weekly (Abuja and Lagos), down to once per week. Likely due to the fact that Air Peace has been a beacon for Nigeria and Nigerian business, especially after the xenophobic issues in South Africa. Wonderful development. Nigeria protecting those that also are protecting Nigerians. Let this be a lesson that when we stand together we can be a global force to be reckoned with.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/10/in-reciprocal-action-fg-reduces-emirates-flights-to-once-weekly/

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria

https://www.emirates.com/ng/english/help/travel-updates/
Nigeria gotta be ranked as one of the most stupid and primitive government in the world. Its an embarrassment to be called a Nigerian and even more embarrassing for Nigeria to call itself a country where countries are gathered God!
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by toloohthegreat: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2021
Balls indeed.
We leave important contemporary issues and be growing balls...hmm! *Smh*

wunmi590:

It is high time we start manning up, yes we might not have been developed like others, but we need to also send them signal that we have balls too
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:01am On Dec 11, 2021
Good one
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by EyenNtokon: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2021
jassmenn:
See you, you think say if those aboki will take this decision if them no have substantial stake in Air Peace
well, what do i know. I'm just a nigerian with android phone
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by mainman7(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2021
cool

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Perfecttouchade: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2021
Nooner:

Sharjah is trying every means to reduce Nigerians cuz it’s affecting them. The way Cops patrol Sharjah would scare you …looking for Nigerians into illegals most especially those OPOH.

You’re limited to something’s most especially getting an apt if you stay in Sharjah environment. The day I tried to get a contract apartment the management told me sorry we don’t allow Nigerians …. About 5-7 tower denied but would allow Ghanaians…. Yet you call Nigeria giant of Africa …. Our GI is gone ooo na ANT remain abroad oooo ���make God help us redeem our image
The kontiri lost it already due to greeds of our fellow Nigerians and gov ain't helping also, if UAE is lost then and difficult for Nigerians then it's over... Ghanians are getting the glory everywhere now.. Nigerians messed up Malays now it's UAE o ga o
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by ajagidiagbo1(m): 9:11am On Dec 11, 2021
This is pure slave thinking. Grow up.

oaugraduate1234:

Nigerians are not the only ones visiting Dubai, a lot of people all over the world visit the state.

So how can the ban affect them negatively
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by alizma: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2021
Agbebakun22:

Lmao, till the world end Nigeria can never be in same line with USA, dem no born them well to even stand face to face or challenge their authority.. Bro continue dreaming, last time I check UAE are not first world country, they're Nigeria mates but not the US, Africa will always be a servant to Europeans and US, China till the world will end
The first man that dreamt of white and black kids learning together in the same classroom was looked up because he was viewed as one with mental issue but you and I now know that those who locked him up were actually the ones with mental problem.
I hope you get my response clearly or you need further explanation?

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Omodua(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2021
MrMaestro:
The Nigerian government has responded to the UAEs ban on multiple flights to the UAE from Nigeria’s Air Peace. As a result, the government has also rescinded the previous approval of 21 flights to Nigeria weekly (Abuja and Lagos), down to once per week. Likely due to the fact that Air Peace has been a beacon for Nigeria and Nigerian business, especially after the xenophobic issues in South Africa. Wonderful development. Nigeria protecting those that also are protecting Nigerians. Let this be a lesson that when we stand together we can be a global force to be reckoned with.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/10/in-reciprocal-action-fg-reduces-emirates-flights-to-once-weekly/

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria

https://www.emirates.com/ng/english/help/travel-updates/
Kudos to FG. They should stand firm on this. We can't be tossed around by these Arab Philistines.
The nation is behind government on this!
Tit For Tat,it is!

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Omodua(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

I HV seen all comments to this. We all are entitled to our opinions but the insults were not worth it.
I see anger, frustration, bad blood, flights cancelled, holiday messed up from the comments.

I know they will loose but Naija go loose too
It's your opinion. If they are dull government, they won't react pro actively like this. Policies like this will carry the people along.
Kudos to FG.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Omodua(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2021
dalass:
grin

Abokis in government never make good policies but economic grinding and beggy beggy, fine baara moves
Just criticising without sense. You don't know what's at stake, so shut up!
FG got it right on this. Tit For Tat!
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nurez305(m): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2021
Kosoco:
you think it's about Buhari..... why can't we think for once.... an Airline Banned a flight from your country and FG retaliate. The this is what you have to comment..Smh. bro shame on you
whatever..... Just answer how many days left for this evil politicians you voted for.

I don't need all this your story abeg
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nurez305(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2021
WayoProphet:
The dullard's Tenure Will be Over in 01 Year 05 Months 04 Days 10 Hours 12 Minutes

haaaaaa. embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nurez305(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! It still remains a year and some months.
so sad

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nurez305(m): 10:06am On Dec 11, 2021
goslowgoslow:

Since I didn't ask the question in the first instance you are the greatest dullard in the whole universe.
E pain am grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nurez305(m): 10:07am On Dec 11, 2021
RPG2020:

I think it's finished grin

Nigeria only got walking stick as president grin
I dey tell you embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Agugbadin: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2021
Emirates does NOT Nigeria but Nigeria needs Emirates badly.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by lapazi(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

I HV seen all comments to this. We all are entitled to our opinions but the insults were not worth it.
I see anger, frustration, bad blood, flights cancelled, holiday messed up from the comments.

You’re just silly
It’s called a stalemate
Both parties clearly can’t win until some kind of compromise happen!

For una eye naija no fit do anything wey go make sense.
Fvck Emirates with their sour jollof

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2021
dalass:
grin

Abokis in government never make good policies but economic grinding and beggy beggy, fine baara moves

Are you sure you read the story well so?
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Masterito(m): 10:52am On Dec 11, 2021
You don't understand anything, including those who liked your comment.
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by frankson1(m): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2021
dalass:

When Buhari went to UAE, he should have gone with his business people instead of his abokis, where such things could have been negotiated and well laid out in black and white!

Uncle, please understand that his going there brought Emirates back but because they're known for begging for crumbs, those ones felt they could have their way as usual by having more flights than us.

It was another kind pf disagreement that stopped Emirates from coming to Nigeria for a long while before they came back. If such things have been spelt out, there would be no room for any kind of imbalance/ misunderstanding.

What do I know? A government that announced the resuscitation of Nigerian Airways but many years after..... nothing!

I clearly understand that we have bad leaders and sometimes, they can be embarrassing. But in this case, I'm totally in support of the decision the government have taken. I know that after now, they will seat down to talk.

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2021
alizma:

The first man that dreamt of white and black kids learning together in the same classroom was looked up because he was viewed as one with mental issue but you and I now know that those who locked him up were actually the ones with mental problem.
I hope you get my response clearly or you need further explanation?

Perfectly said, but change 'looked up' to 'locked up', so he'll understand better.
Yo wise.

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by ceej(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2021
Nigeria has nothing to loose..We have the market..Lets use our traffic to negotiate better for our people..Make una see UAE o..Ordinary desert..I no blame them sha..APC try for these one.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Amodi470(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2021
Effect of Cutting cake
Let them go, PEACE AIR, AZMAN AIR AND NIGERIAN AIRWAYS to to rescue

helinues:
Game on

Na Dubai go beg Las las. How many of their people dey come to Nigeria?

The amount Dubai are generating alone on visa applied by Nigerians is far far than UAE people applying for Nigeria visa.

And all those Nigerians that travel there go with reasonable money to spend which VAT will be included.

And the good thing is, those who have plans of travelling to Dubai must have money, If Dubai is no longer available, they will go somewhere else
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Demosolar: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2021
Life is sweet and good with constant power supply from solar inverter systems that generate clean, green and pollution free electricity. Check out Bright Solar Power on google for more information and details.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by alizma: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Ecne:

Perfectly said, but change 'looked up' to 'locked up', so he'll understand better.
Yo wise.
Thanks
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by icedbreez(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2021
Balls from the crooked Minister for once.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by GistFullGround: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2021

So, despite the appearance of Buhari in Dubai, they still disrespected Nigerians like this. Yet you foolish ones see nothing wrong in this?

When a small country disrespects you, it means you are nothing to them. I don't care if you don't like a president, show patriotism at all times.

You must have pride in yourselves!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Driver's Head Pops Out Of The Window After Fatal Accident In Owerri. Graphic Pic / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight / EKSU Students At OUIDAH, Python Temple Benin Republic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.