Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (54882 Views)

All Flights across The US Grounded Due To Computer Outage / Emirates Suspends All Flights From Nigeria From September 1 / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by bdon123(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
This people are making life difficult for Nigerians.They should jst grow up n end this useless beef.How am i supposed to get a flight to naija now ...fck shit
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by tshtsh: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2021
dalass:

When Buhari went to UAE, he should have gone with his business people instead of his abokis, where such things could have been negotiated and well laid out in black and white!

Uncle, please understand that his going there brought Emirates back but because they're known for begging for crumbs, those ones felt they could have their way as usual by having more flights than us.

It was another kind pf disagreement that stopped Emirates from coming to Nigeria for a long while before they came back. If such things have been spelt out, there would be no room for any kind of imbalance/ misunderstanding.

What do I know? A government that announced the resuscitation of Nigerian Airways but many years after..... nothing!

Has nothing to do with buhari. In 2021 Nigeria/Nigerians should not be a slave to UAE. When sirika increased
Emirate's slots from 7 to 14 and then later 21 a lot of aviation professionals criticized his action. He defended
his position by saying Nigeria had no airline with the capacity to reciprocate these BaSa's and one professional
Mr. Olowo asked him if he thinks these countries will grant the air nigeria he is working on these number of slots?
FG has designated air peace to utilize their BASA on that UAE route and if they find it hard to make available 3 slots
to them then they should go and operate in Ghana and other african countries Nigerians will fly other airlines.
Who emirates help ? How many staff do they have in Nigeria ?

2 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by tshtsh: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
Agugbadin:
Emirates does NOT Nigeria but Nigeria needs Emirates badly.
Before emirates came nigerians were flying. They were stopped from operating in february and nigerians are still doing well. Many may not understand why it was necessaryfor FG to take this position because they were born and wired to accept everything given to them by a non-nigerian and condemn everything given to them by a nigerian.

Truth is that emirates wants to dominate the Nigeria - UAE travel route where they determine the price and make huge profits. Each time a nigerian airline tried to operate the route they use slot issues to kick them out and then nigerians will bash the airline. When arik was kicked out of the route it was a slot related issue. Same with medview and now air peace. If you don't build and grow your own you'll continue to be a slave to others and struggle for the crumbs. Under this govt nigerian airlines (overland, air peace and ibom air) can now sit down with airbus and embraer executives at dubai airshow and negotiate/order for aircrafts on their terms. A departure from the past. I also need air peace to be able to fly to dakar, akure, kaduna and sharjah. I do not need emirates. Ethiopian and qatar equally operate the routes emirates operates

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by PapaFejiro: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
Nigeria will not loose. Nigerians will simply make alternative travel plans while Emirates loose revenue. Some of you like to read everything concerning Nigeria as negative,
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

I HV seen all comments to this. We all are entitled to our opinions but the insults were not worth it.
I see anger, frustration, bad blood, flights cancelled, holiday messed up from the comments.

I know they will loose but Naija go loose too
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by goslowgoslow(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
nurez305:
E pain am grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Olodo...Pele.. Buhari sabi book pass you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by chiefobdk2: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

I HV seen all comments to this. We all are entitled to our opinions but the insults were not worth it.
I see anger, frustration, bad blood, flights cancelled, holiday messed up from the comments.

Na lie. Na Emirates and thr country go loose..

Nigerians take money to thr country and not vice versa..

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Kosoco(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2021
nurez305:
whatever..... Just answer how many days left for this evil politicians you voted for.

I don't need all this your story abeg
let's see the ones you will vote next year...
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by nosiebaba(m): 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2021
GboyegaD:
There's a place for negotiations and not just acting. There's an ambassador representing the country at UAE, that person should do the work for which he is paid.

Unfortunately, we suffer more since our option of flights are reduced which suggests a higher demand than supply.
Many Asian countries will also feel the heat since dubai is a major link between Nigeria and Asia. Besides Ethiopian Airlines still dey

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by lexy2014: 6:50pm On Dec 11, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

If u say both parties will loose, what then is dull with d govts decision to demand that peace airlines gets more access to the Nigerian UAE route?
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by lexy2014: 6:52pm On Dec 11, 2021
Agugbadin:
Emirates does NOT Nigeria but Nigeria needs Emirates badly.

How did u come that conclusion? Are they carrying Nigerians for free on their airline?

3 Likes

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Panda7(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
Reflect7:

Air head.... When white/Asian/Arab foreigners spit on you, you ''bow'' to them.

But let it dare be a fellow black Nigerian from a different ethnic group that does the same, and you get all set for war.

Who did this to you people?

Your mentality is disgusting and repulsive.

I meant economy man and then again no one would slap you for no reasonable cause
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Litmus: 9:24pm On Dec 11, 2021
nedekid:
But why will all these countries be treating us any how?
There has to be something wrong somewhere. No respect at all! undecided

Racism.

The outside world is always looking to prejudice black people. However, liberal progressive values that gained impetuous after the second world war due to fascism, communism and Nazi Germany holocaust, places pressure on Nations to adhere to human rights. The sixties protest movements reinforced this, Civil rights and feminism foremost.

In spite of this, progress against Racism has seen more resistance worldwide than antisemitism and chuvanism. Nations practice and exploit racists notions in anyway they can get away with given the prevailing liberal progressive paradigm established by the West led by America due to defeating communism and fascism during the second world war. And nations can be quite creative how they try to practice Racism. For example, right now, nations could exploit this Omicron to exclude Africans from world participation.

Finally to Nigeria, which is what you want to understand. Above, I mentioned that the world's nations can be creative in how they try to practice Racism. Nigerians are targeted because other African nation's people support the racism targeted at Nigerians. The nation's abroad don't prefair or like Ghanians , African Americans, Kenyans, South Africans or any blacks but if they can get away with singling out any set of black people, they Will. If none black nations could isolate Nigerians, they would be ridding themselves off a large chunk of black people, that is all that matters.

I was of necessity simplistic since the fact that Nigerians value education, are often hard working and progressive wherever they travel, can be wealthy and are represents of the most powerful black nations, plays a part.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Munzy14(m): 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2021
Pacesetter123:
We move to them to go and do what?
Is not to go and spend money and boost their economy?
So na dem go loose,no be us.
It doesn't work that way.....
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by oaugraduate1234(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
ajagidiagbo1:
This is pure slave thinking. Grow up.

Slave thinking in what sense?? Please explain yourself better
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Pacesetter123(m): 10:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
Munzy14:

It doesn't work that way.....
Ehehhh! You think so?
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Bifwoli: 3:18am On Dec 13, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Na still Naija go loose
Dull govt

Some 90% of the passengers on these flights are Nigerians. Scoring an own goal?
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Organs(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2021
dalass:

They got to celebrate their 50 years independence recently. Check out UAE now and see if you can try to stand up to their infrastructural and economic developments.

We are 60+ years, ordinary power supply is still a big headache to this government. All their campaign promises are non-existent so far, yet "you're trying to stand up to them"

Bros, that is not the point, the fact that you dont have your shit together doesnt mean you should allow rubbish to be robbed in your face. Airpeace is issued licence to go to Dubai daily, they dont want competition so they made Airpeace flight to Dubai once daily, so only them will be coming and going, we too made their flight once weekly and dem come begin vex. Let me tell you one interesting fact, BBA, British Airways, they go everywhere in the world, now the profit they make in Nigeria alone is more than what they make everywhere else. Now they banned Nigeria from coming to UK, cos of Omicron variant. They did not ban USA oh, that people were dying from anyhow, but they banned Nigeria, South Africa etc. I heard we are about to ban them from flying into Nigeria, you will see how they will start doing babiaAllah and start begging us now.
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by tshtsh: 10:18am On Dec 13, 2021
nosiebaba:

Many Asian countries will also feel the heat since dubai is a major link between Nigeria and Asia. Besides Ethiopian Airlines still dey
ethiopian is there. qatar airways is there also. UAE should get out

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by dalass(f): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
Organs:

Bros, that is not the point, the fact that you dont have your shit together doesnt mean you should allow rubbish to be robbed in your face. Airpeace is issued licence to go to Dubai daily, they dont want competition so they made Airpeace flight to Dubai once daily, so only them will be coming and going, we too made their flight once weekly and dem come begin vex. Let me tell you one interesting fact, BBA, British Airways, they go everywhere in the world, now the profit they make in Nigeria alone is more than what they make everywhere else. Now they banned Nigeria from coming to UK, cos of Omicron variant. They did not ban USA oh, that people were dying from anyhow, but they banned Nigeria, South Africa etc. I heard we are about to ban them from flying into Nigeria, you will see how they will start doing babiaAllah and start begging us now.

Then they should ban BA , but they wont cos they are still begging UK to open up because they want to enjoy Christmas with their families over there.

It's easy for them to ban UAE cos they have nothing at stake there. Las las na bambiala they will continue to do for UK to unban them. Wicked leaders
Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by Organs(m): 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
dalass:

Then they should ban BA , but they wont cos they are still begging UK to open up because they want to enjoy Christmas with their families over there.

It's easy for them to ban UAE cos they have nothing at stake there. Las las na bambiala they will continue to do for UK to unban them. Wicked leaders

Yep, true! Also, BA is the Nigerian govt preferred airline. @Dalass, i swear if, and only if we can ban BA, trust me, The queen, the PM and Buhari's friend, Archbishop of Canterbury will all come and "dobale" and do bambiAllah raised to power 2, for consideration. Cos, if the ban is sustained, most BA staff will lose their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight by dalass(f): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2021
Organs:

Yep, true! Also, BA is the Nigerian govt preferred airline. @Dalass, i swear if, and only if we can ban BA, trust me, The queen, the PM and Buhari's friend, Archbishop of Canterbury will all come and "dobale" and do bambiAllah raised to power 2, for consideration. Cos, if the ban is sustained, most BA staff will lose their jobs.

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight / Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.