Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave (15451 Views)

Lukaku Says He Won't Slide On His Knees To Celebrate Goals Anymore / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps / Wenger: Hazard Isn't Man To Replace Ronaldo, He Won't Score 50 Goals A Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by obembet(f): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2021
Ralf Rangnick won’t try to change Paul Pogba’s mind if Manchester United’s record signing wants to quit Old Trafford in the summer.

Pogba flew back from Dubai on Friday following three weeks of rehab, with Rangnick warning that United’s injured players must have treatment at the club’s Carrington headquarters in future.

The Frenchman is out of contract at the end of the season when he will be able to leave United for nothing for a second time having rejoined for £89million in 2016.

And interim boss Rangnick insists that a club of United’s stature should not have to convince players to sign a new deal.

‘Players have to want to play and stay at a big club like Manchester United,’ said Rangnick.

‘If a player does not want to play for a club like Manchester United medium or long-term, I don’t think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind.

‘I don’t think anyone in the club should try to convince a player to stay.’

Rangnick spoke with Pogba by phone on Tuesday and the two men will meet face-to-face on Sunday.

Pogba has been recovering from a thigh injury in Dubai, but Rangnick will insist on players using the club’s medical facilities in future.

‘I would not want players to do their rehab abroad or anywhere else, but the decision on Paul was taken before I came,’ he added.

‘I have already spoken to the medical department, and in the future I want players with injuries to stay here.’

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10298279/Ralf-Rangnick-insists-WONT-convince-Paul-Pogba-stay-Manchester-United-wants-leave.html

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 11, 2021
Pogba seems to be Inlove with Italian league,he use to be a monster Back then in juve he scores from range and creative in the midfield

9 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by obembet(f): 7:14am On Dec 11, 2021
Time for players to know their place in any club, the attitude of deifying some so-called big players should stop... I like this interim manager.

190 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Joebayo217: 7:16am On Dec 11, 2021
Bleep all Pogba reasons to leave man u angry

8 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by WhoDeyHause: 7:37am On Dec 11, 2021
Useless club.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by habsydiamond(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2021
Begging him to stay will be as if he is too special whereas he is nothing. A player can never be above the club. Football generally is soldier go soldier come. If u go a replacement will surely come which atimes may even be better than u.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Maxymilliano(m): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2021
It’s hard to disagree with him and his reasoning. Pogba is a liability who thinks he's bigger than this club.

64 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by wishful088: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2021
Pod
Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Joebayo217: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2021
WhoDeyHause:
Useless club.
and what's your business if dey don't win trophy useless fans angry

29 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Kingcalls: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2021
Ferguson for done sell the fool since ...
Pogba is even a weak player... he can only excel in teams that are extremely dominating like city or barca of iniesta and xavi ... if a player needs dominating teams to excel , then that player is weak

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Blake755: 10:04am On Dec 11, 2021
No need begging him especially that his agent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by phr0nesis(m): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2021
Na so Dem go de beg and like play like play, player salary reach £500,000 per week. Before they know, they are in a lot of debts just to keep one player happy

26 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Joebayo217: 10:52am On Dec 11, 2021
phr0nesis:
Na so Dem go de beg and like play like play, player salary reach £500,000 per week. Before they know, they are in a lot of debts just to keep one player happy
just d way bacar did

27 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by kenzysmith: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2021
Pogba get luck say no be luis van gaal dey incharge he for hate him self na under 9 kids he for follow they play till season end and van gaal we keep lieing to the media pogba fitness level is very low and he lack cofindence to be in d ist team and play in the highest level again all d big clubs for europe go run from signing him . Even France coach go japa too. luca toni was bayern best player when van gal arrive when he was giving the team instruction luca toni was sleeping why others were paying attention from that moment 16yr old thomas muller was drafted into the ist team and that was the end of luca toni bayern career .

54 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Ofunwa111: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
obembet:
Ralf Rangnick won’t try to change Paul Pogba’s mind if Manchester United’s record signing wants to quit Old Trafford in the summer.

Pogba flew back from Dubai on Friday following three weeks of rehab, with Rangnick warning that United’s injured players must have treatment at the club’s Carrington headquarters in future.

The Frenchman is out of contract at the end of the season when he will be able to leave United for nothing for a second time having rejoined for £89million in 2016.

And interim boss Rangnick insists that a club of United’s stature should not have to convince players to sign a new deal.

‘Players have to want to play and stay at a big club like Manchester United,’ said Rangnick.

‘If a player does not want to play for a club like Manchester United medium or long-term, I don’t think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind.

‘I don’t think anyone in the club should try to convince a player to stay.’

Rangnick spoke with Pogba by phone on Tuesday and the two men will meet face-to-face on Sunday.

Pogba has been recovering from a thigh injury in Dubai, but Rangnick will insist on players using the club’s medical facilities in future.

‘I would not want players to do their rehab abroad or anywhere else, but the decision on Paul was taken before I came,’ he added.

‘I have already spoken to the medical department, and in the future I want players with injuries to stay here.’

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10298279/Ralf-Rangnick-insists-WONT-convince-Paul-Pogba-stay-Manchester-United-wants-leave.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

Way to go Coach. *Thumbs up*

24 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Iretii0511(m): 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
Man wey sabi

15 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by phr0nesis(m): 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2021
Joebayo217:
just d way bacar did
It's Barca I was even referring to. Man U also did it with Rooney and De Gea

4 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by purpulrain: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
If pogba wants to leave, please he should. Manchester need to build a new team.
imakwa

10 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Spartachico007(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
Pls let the prodigal son leave if he wants to

5 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Moptimam: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2021
Manchester united will finish outside top 6 this season
Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by frankfrancis871: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Mods permission.

Please go and support my boy, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8_caSurjU
Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by kilisi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Very sensible comment. No one should be made bigger than the club. You can ask Barcelona on that.
No one is indispensable!

17 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Goperod: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Pogba is extremely overated

12 Likes

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by petsey(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Go if u wan go

1 Like

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by ElprimaHomes: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kingcalls:
Ferguson for done sell the fool since ...
Pogba is even a weak player... he can only excel in teams that are extremely dominating like city or barca of iniesta and xavi ... if a player needs dominating teams to excel , then that player is weak

Man Utd never start. Mourinho told the club to release him and they sided with Pogba over the Special One. In the end, time has spoken

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by handsomeyinka(m): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by halfbloodprince(m): 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
Uhm yeah no more ego stroking. He can go to Swansea to get his ego stroked

1 Like

Re: Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave by Mpomee: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
TO hell with that overated piece of sh!t

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter: Africa Needs More World Cup Slots / Jarus FC Vs Social Media Fc (4 - 3) On 27th April 2024 / Yaya Toure: Racism In Football Is Due To Increase In Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.