Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps (31840 Views)

Rangnick Insists He WON'T Convince Pogba To Stay At Man Utd If He Wants To Leave / Lukaku Says He Won't Slide On His Knees To Celebrate Goals Anymore / Paul Pogba Removes Heineken Bottle, Follows Cristiano Ronaldo's Footsteps (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by obembet(f): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo won't pressure his son to become a footballer - even if the Juventus star does get irritated when he drinks coke and eats crisps.

Cristiano Junior, 10, plays in the Juventus academy but his famous father insists he doesn't necessarily have to follow in his footsteps.

The Juventus and Portugal star, 35, was speaking after being named the Player of the Century at the Globe Soccer Awards in Dubai on Sunday night.

'We'll see if my son will become a great footballer,' he said.

'Sometimes he drinks coke and eats crisps and it irritates me, he knows that.

'Sometimes I tell my son to take a dip in cold water to recover after a run on the treadmill and he says: 'Dad, it's so cold there'. That's fine, he is only 10 years old.
'I always tell him that it takes work and dedication to have success. I won't pressure him to become a footballer but I would like it.
'The most important thing is to become the best in his field, whether it is football or medicine.'

Cristiano Jr certainly made an impression during his first year in the Juventus academy after joining in 2018, scoring 58 times in 28 matches for the under-nine team, as well as providing 18 assists.

Tuttosport reported that he scored four goals on his debut for Juventus in September 2018 and in April 2019, he netted seven in a single half against Maritimo.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9092185/Cristiano-Ronaldo-insists-wont-pressure-son-follow-footsteps.html

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by dawnomike(m): 10:40am On Dec 28, 2020
Better papa.... But according 58 times in 28 matches? Gosh!!! That boy is a future star biko!!!

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by chatinent: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2020
Of course, he shouldn't. His footsteps are selfish and self-centered.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by obembet(f): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2020
chatinent:

Lalasticlala

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by obonujoker(m): 10:43am On Dec 28, 2020
Lol... Coke, Fanta, Chips and fries... Lol... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by paulolee(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2020
that's normal, messi even said he wont force any of his kids to play football because of his own reasons, maybe due to high expectations that his kids gat his blood in them..
and also I think it's because of the long list of kids of football greats that failed while following the tracks of their father due to pressure placed on them by the media and the fans to perform more than thier dad...
imagine cr7 son in madrid and lionel messi son in barca maybe in the next 7yrs el classico against each other, it wont end well because its not easy playing football with so much expectations and pressure of performing like those aliens..
thats also the reason why all the so called "new messi" or "new cr7" av all flopped till date..
remember dybala once said "he dnt need the "new messi" tag because he can only be a dybala" nothing beats being urself...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by osamz007: 11:02am On Dec 28, 2020
paulolee:
that's normal, messi even said he wont force any of his kids to play football and I think it's because of the long list of kids of football greats that failed while following the tracks of their father

I just knew u must add messi

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by obembet(f): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by internationalman(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
osamz007:

I just knew u must add messi

His addition of Messi was harmless, you are the one instigating comparison and being oversensitive about his comment...

The only thing I like about Ronaldo is his clean shave...

Apparently according to some Naija people he isn't a big or handsome boy enough because he has no beard..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by BlessedNuel: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
My love for this guy is undiluted...No homo

14 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by DrayZee: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
chatinent:
The man that donated his golden boot to raise money for Palestinian children, auctioned one of his Ballon d’Or trophies for €600,000 which was donated to a charity. The guy that donates blood regularly and has paid the full amount for the surgeries of multiple children he has encountered is “selfish and self-centered”?

Go and pack your sense from wherever you kept it.

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by slawormiir: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
He better not play football
Because messi pikin go Outshine am just the way messi dey Outshine he papa.....

If Ronaldo is 869 days older than Messi and Ronaldo's son is also 869 days older than Messi's first son
Then it means messi son will fuckkk and Outshine Ronaldo's son anyday anytime twice on Monday

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by cjudy(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
chatinent:
Indomie Generation speaking out of hatred. Calm down and take a pill

25 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Lagosianswag: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
Starboy! cool

#Blessed
Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by RichDad1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
The Real GOAT

10 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
Christiano Ronaldo is just too cute there... the son decision to follow his dad footstep is his decision.. his dad is just like a role model.. I pray he dosen't keep bad company that will deviate him from achieving his goals

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by onoms4luv(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
Wether you pressure or not, that pikin nor go suffer for life again

26 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
For someone so obsessed with success and winning to the point of beefing his teammates if they get on the scoresheet and he doesn't.

Na big lie!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Dupson88(f): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
He's future world footballer of the year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Freestainworld(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Destiny's are different, the most important thing is to do what ever you are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Starboytwo(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
Messi son no sabi anything for this life. Na only food and him mama breast him sabi...

Ronaldo son will break all messi and Ronaldo record. ..Quote me...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Exc2000: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
cool

No need to pressure him, if he has sense he should know his surest path now to success is football

CR7 is very hardworking and discipline, imagine getting irritated at ordinary Coca Cola, and fries

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Godpikin4real(f): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
OK.
Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
In Nigeria we get this slave mentality ,you do that hair style way that boy do so then go meet your parents ...your parents go be like this guy wan go hell ,Bc of hairstyle oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by DrayZee: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
paulolee:
that's normal, messi even said he wont force any of his kids to play football and I think it's because of the long list of kids of football greats that failed while following the tracks of their father
Ronaldo’s son is actually very talented in football. 56 goals and 26 assists in 35 games. He’s already one of Italy’s top junior forwards

15 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by zeusdgrt(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Correct
Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Passionate888: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
This Cristiano Ronaldo Jr na cheat mode o

Tuttosport reported that he scored four goals on his debut for Juventus in September 2018 and in April 2019, he netted seven in a single half against Maritimo

That's nice

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by weblord1900: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
Based on my intellectual capacity and my
vast knowledge, tactically and tentativelly,
right from the beginning, of times
especially in the light of Ecclesiastes I have
come to a concrete, definite and profound
conclusion that I have actually nothing to
say. Thank you, now you can read others
comment�.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Sunnydoo: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
This one that am entering front page, it's like the keyboard warriors are totally on holiday.

Let me enjoy it till they resume next year.

Season greeting to you all.

Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by Prechgold1180(m): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Fantastically
Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by ClassicMan202(m): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Why I even book this space self?

Anyways God judge Buhari for me

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Insists He Won't Pressure His Son To Follow In His Footsteps by AlphaBeta130: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
who has breasts please. All this matter no concern me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yaya Touré Accuses Pep Guardiola Of ‘having Problems With Africans’ / Mikel Obi, Iheanacho, Victor Moses Join Other Super Eagles For Training. Photos / Croatia Hold Training Session Ahead Of World Cup Clash With Nigeria. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.