Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) (44082 Views)

Mohbad: I Was Given N3m To Paint Late Singer’s Wife As 'Suspect’ –Uche Maduagwu / Stephanie Busari's N150k Electricity Bill Shocks Her / After Over 1m Followers Timaya swallowed is ego.. followed 1 Person Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by macaranta(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2021
Lol he's misleading the public, his bill is 349k,while arrears is 600k totally the 1m.

Though the 349k is high for monthly billing, dude should get a prepaid meter.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kobicove:
A monthly electricity bill of N349K is quite high for a residential apartment...but then we need to know of he is using some heavy duty equipment there
Heavy duty equipment like wetin? angry

him get robot assembly plant 4 him crib wey nepa dey giyam #1m bill?
angry

1 Like

Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Make he go get pre paid meter na. But NEPA be lying demon oooo. Hopeless people
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by SKINDOGGY: 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
Jerrydox:

Yes, there is. But it's way too expensive.
Do you know any good company
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by nosiebaba(m): 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
We need to know the different between current charges and net arrears. Even though the current charges is still high, its obvious that my guy is owing at least 2 months previously.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by almarthins(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2021
Maxymilliano:
He should get a prepaid meter to avoid overestimated bills monthly ...

NERC and discos are playing tricks with prepaid meter installation. They re no longer collecting money for paid meters and they re telling us now that we re all now under national metering programme. You get ur money but Dem no wan give u meter. You see say nerc and nepa don form alliance to defraud Nigerians.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by TPound(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2021
envoymedia:
Popular Nigerian singer, Skiibii has cried out over the electricity bill he was given, IgbereTV reports.

The bill from Eko Electricity Districbution Company was over a million and the singer disclosed that he doesn't stay in his house all the time to get such.

Taking to his Instagram handle, Skiibii wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXUZ-viMU03/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There are arrears of over 600k
It shows that he's not a patriotic Nigerian... Be owing common bill.
No go pay
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by wallchat: 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Flier:
I Once disconnected myself from PHCN And stated using 2.5kva solar that cost about 1.8 million,the shit lasted 2 years even though I couldn’t use many of the appliances anytime it’s on,I replace the engine twice in that 2 years, that two times cost about 190kg
After 2 years,the 8 batteries was dead and when I tried to replace them, each cost about 140k that is how I let go of the useless solar and return to my PHCN And generator
Mind you during that 2 years that I was using solar,I was using generator as well because the shit won’t charge very well during the raining season
If this climate change people are really serious about renewable energy or whatever,they should make battery more affordable expecially in Africa where we import everything and sell them to consumers at exhorbitant prices
My monthly bill at the moment is 100k plus and I am not complaining
100k and u are not complaining!
If NEPA bring dis kind bill come d house weh I dey stay, na dat day I go pack go my village.
Money weh fit change my life.

1 Like

Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
MichaelSokoto:

Heavy duty equipment like wetin? angry

him get robot assembly plant 4 him crib wey nepa dey giyam #1m bill?
angry

They didn't give him a bill of 1million, his bill is 349K...the balance is arrears.

Make una dey read well before making comment! undecided
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Eastcaostboy: 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
envoymedia:
Popular Nigerian singer, Skiibii has cried out over the electricity bill he was given, IgbereTV reports.

The bill from Eko Electricity Districbution Company was over a million and the singer disclosed that he doesn't stay in his house all the time to get such.

Nepa and banks are sucking Nigerians heavily.. I'm yet to recover my NGN 320,792.00 from UBA they withdrawn my money and frozen my account because am not around. If you're still banking with uba your at your own risk
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2021
envoymedia:

"Did anybody notice the bill is a December 2021 bill? No be this same December we just enter?...abeg na when PHCN begin bring NEPA bill even when Month just reach half?...Bro, lie small small na, This lie is just too much even for a fool". Village People Spokesperson.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by gazza07(m): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2021
And then....
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by QuoteJustOnce: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
Flier:
I Once disconnected myself from PHCN And stated using 2.5kva solar that cost about 1.8 million,the shit lasted 2 years even though I couldn’t use many of the appliances anytime it’s on,I replace the engine twice in that 2 years, that two times cost about 190kg
After 2 years,the 8 batteries was dead and when I tried to replace them, each cost about 140k that is how I let go of the useless solar and return to my PHCN And generator
Mind you during that 2 years that I was using solar,I was using generator as well because the shit won’t charge very well during the raining season
If this climate change people are really serious about renewable energy or whatever,they should make battery more affordable expecially in Africa where we import everything and sell them to consumers at exhorbitant prices
My monthly bill at the moment is 100k plus and I am not complaining

Just as it's very possible to buy a lemon vehicle, or a badly-used phone refurbished to look like new, it's also possible to have paid for a badly installed system. I run a 7.5kVa system and next year will make it 6 years. Had to discard 12 batteries this year out of 16 cos' they stopped holding charges and will die within 1 hour after sundown. Had a diesel gen which was bought to augment for rainy days but guess what? it goes damaged from being overly idle.....There was a time it sat for 8mths without being touched. Had to sell it off.
You had a faulty installation (discharge vs recharge calculation was bad) and like everything else in life, there are rules. Break the rules and suffer!
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by hardbody: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
His current bill is actually 349k. I get close to 200k too. I recently complained to FCCPC and I hope they will bring succor. I am plain tired. I am always out of the house and therefore don't know who burns the light they are billing me on.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Traplord09: 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
Too many illiterate on here , please go back and read properly, he is complaining because he doesn’t stay home, so how come such bills, well most of you leaving stupid comments still live with ur parents, so you won’t understand what’s he is saying
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
He should use that #1m to rent another apartment.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by hardbody: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ghostmode2two:
Make he go get pre paid meter na. But NEPA be lying demon oooo. Hopeless people

I have applied for more than 2 years since I moved in, no show. PHCN be scamming people. Meanwhile IE gave me a meter in 7 days when I formally applied. This EKEDP are rogues.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Flier: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
QuoteJustOnce:

Just as it's very possible to buy a lemon vehicle, or a badly-used phone refurbished to look like new, it's also possible to have paid for a badly installed system. I run a 7.5kVa system and next year will make it 6 years. Had to discard 12 batteries this year out of 16 cos' they stopped holding charges and will die within 1 hour after sundown. Had a diesel gen which was bought to augment for rainy days but guess what? it goes damaged from being overly idle.....There was a time it sat for 8mths without being touched. Had to sell it off.
You had a faulty installation (discharge vs recharge calculation was bad) and like everything else in life, there are rules. Break the rules and suffer!
You are lying and you know it,no battery can last 3 years even if you don’t use it everyday
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Newboss(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2021
chatinent:

Baba, both prepaid is fraud in Nigeria.

Best is getting a solar city and generating power right from his house!

Stop typing rubbish. Prepaid meter is not a fraud in Nigeria.

Solar is highly limited. Don't forget that what people call solar is just battery, panels and inverter. All those ACs in his duplex will drain your batteries within two hour. Inverter is for people with low energy consumption, except you want to install an obscene amount of batteries and solar panels.

PS: I use solar and prepaid meter.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2021
hardbody:

I have applied for more than 2 years since I moved in, no show. PHCN be scamming people. Meanwhile IE gave me a meter in 7 days when I formally applied. This EKEDP are rogues.
they are scammers I know.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by ubox: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2021
Jerrydox:

The super rich are not like us. They are heavy consumers of Electricity. From their AC( each room has an AC and their sitting room usually has this big industrial standing AC) that is constantly operating, to their microwave, to water heater, to washing machine, to 2 or more deep freezers constantly operating, to dish washer, to very fancy lightning systems, to Electric wire round the perimeter of their fence, to Electric cooker, blender, solid home theater, to other Electrical security system.

Men, that bill may seem outrageous to us who mostly use fewer electric gadgets, but it's just normal to the super rich.
You forgot elevator �
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by jornwhite: 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
Total due is not the same as current charge, and why did he cut off the net arrears part ... 663k + current charge = 1m baba grin big boyz wey dey owe
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by cyndylove64(f): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
You dey owe over 600k before u dey shout who dey use light..... Just go and clear ur bills and let us hear word or order prepaid meter ... Rubbish
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by cyndylove64(f): 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
[quote author=Traplord09 post=108413418]Too many illiterate on here , please go back and read properly, he is complaining because he doesn’t stay home, so how come such bills, well most of you leaving stupid comments still live with ur parents, so you won’t understand what’s he is saying
Whether you stay there or not .... It doesn't concern ekedc
The best thing he can do is get prepaid... Even if transforma spoil for 3 months .... Nepa will still bring bill,,, the only way you don't get bill is prepaid meter
...cos na wetin u buy u go use

1 Like

Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Hkff: 10:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
Move to oshodi and shutup
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by cotzywitzy(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
I wonder if this people get common sense? You lot purchase house worth millions of naira but you can’t pay to get a prepaid meter? Oga stop ranting and do the needful get a prepaid and even if you’re gone for years you will be sure to come back and use what’s left of your unit.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Testimony1988(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
He should have switched over to prepaid since he's not always at home.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by seborrhic: 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2021
GetMeRight:

You are busy explaining fiction even when he says he doesn't stay there most of the time which is the truth going by the nature of his work.
As long as you are not metered, you will be paying excess charge because all expected monthly revenues are divided and put on customers that are not metered.
When my bill increased from 4k to 10k and then to 20k monthly, I quickly asked for prepaid meter and my bill dropped to 6k.
I have seen a factory that abandoned DISCO power supply and opted for dissel generator for production when excessive charges from DISCO wanted to push them out of the business. DISCO officials later came to them for talk and they were told that the company was done using their power.
When it comes to direct billing/estimation, there's no rational explanation for it. It's a fraud!
Bloody liar.
You are listening to what one of the factory workers told u.Ikdc would not go to any factory to beg the them to reconnect back to their light,it's the other way round.The best d company can get is a negotiation or rebate on the bill.
Secondly,it would cost any factory more to use generator for its production than using public power supply.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by HitSong: 2:27am On Dec 12, 2021
daddytime:
"I be gon for months"

You be "goan pay your bill jare"

Dey speak ghetto English wey you no sabi dia
Or deh
Response of an average Nigerian youth... I weep for the future of this country.
When will you ever have sense?
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by omasco922: 5:58am On Dec 12, 2021
daddytime:
"I be gon for months"

You be "goan pay your bill jare"

Dey speak ghetto English wey you no sabi dia
Because e never happen to you abi.
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Mzora(f): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2021
Ikedc also do estimated billing....it's crazy
Re: Skiibii Laments Over ₦1M Electricity Bill He Was Given (Photo) by Onucs(m): 6:34am On Dec 12, 2021
Prepaid is the solution jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pretty Mike: "I Will Call My Wife Ode, Ewu; I Don't Want Yoruba, UNILAG Girls" / Mercy Aigbe & Hubby Stepout In Style (photos) / Obianuju Video: Photos Of Flavour With A Model In Bikini Make Fans To React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.