Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA (44833 Views)

Chinenye Gloria Enukorah Is UNIZIK Nursin Best Graduating Student With 4.74 CGPA / Meet Jane Onyinyechi Ogwo, FUTO Best Graduating Student With CGPA Of 4.9 / Meet Akinyele Tobiloba, The Overall Best Graduating Student In FUNAAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by FreeStuffsNG: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2021
Isobug:

Is she a professor of Statistics?
Nope sir wink

1 Like

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by enoch273: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
It's indeed the season of Winning, congratulations to her, you too can be a winner by participating in the Nescafe 3 in 1 buy and win promo, see details in the caption below.

1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Awkabigboy: 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Engineering over Medicine. Any day. Any time.
Thats your headache but for me I prefer Nigerian drs to Nigerian engineers. The drs are million times more useful to u engineers

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by thelegend1(m): 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
Nosayer:

That's not all he's going to benefit from his education. If schooling is a scam, you've actually scammed your parents by going to school.

You just proved my point with your response. You could not make a simple comment/contribution/difference in opinion without derogatory remarks involving my parents despite your education.

So who was scammed now?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by egoldman(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
LILTJAY1:
Why all this bragging from igbos?
we have seen nigerians been best graduating students in different universities abroad ,so what is special about this

The only thing special here is your hatred towards Igbos, we know you on nairaland, don't forget that.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by jneutron4000: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
Yoruba Universities educating Igbos since time immemorial, if not for Yoruba University for this boy life, who knows what his life would have become, probably he will be one of the members of ESN or unknown gun men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by MightySparrow: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ikegwuru:
IGBO kwenu.
Rie mba
Nuo mba
Merie mba
Kwezuenu ee

See how Igbo stars are being made in Yorubaland.
Honestly, Igbos owe Awolowo much more gratitude than Zik.

Okonjo Iweala (UI)
Chike Obi (Unilag)
Emagwali (Akure)

Lazarus Muoka (Lagos)

Chisco (Lagos)
Innoson (GTB, Lagos)

Name it, Yoruba hands are there.

Igbo are nothing without Yorubasgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by MightySparrow: 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2021
jneutron4000:
Yoruba Universities educating Igbos since time immemorial, if not for Yoruba University for this boy life, who knows what his life who have become, probably he will me one of the members of ESN or unknown gun men.

Tell them. Bishop Ajayi Crowrher taught their forebears how to write and read Igbo language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by lereinter(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
Igi iwe
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by egoldman(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
wallrichy:
Favour was born in Ibadan and practically lived all his youthful years in South West. He speaks Yoruba with Omoluabi proverbial tongues more than Igbo language.

However, that's not even the issue here but a lesson to all the sadist and haters of Yorubas in the South East. It's joblessness that leads to depression and from there breeds hatred and wanton destruction of lives leading to rape, killing and what's presently happening in the South East.

I just left a club right now in Lekki and so lovely to see Olamide and Phyno pallying like brother's from the same Womb discussing progress.

Really, Poverty is a bastard and a curse to human race. Joblessness and lack of any creative ideas breeds contempt and unwarranted hatred and sadness towards another tribe and even your fellow brothers and family.

Igbo Amaka, we love you and have accepted you long time ago as brothers and sisters but please Nkwenu, You must stop the hatred towards another tribe.

Lastly, Favour achieved a great feet by association. He was born and bred in an educational and sound filled environment without nepotism or rancour of your tribal status. He triumphed right from Ibadan and all the South West States he passed through. He was dedicated and determined to make a standard for himself in the midst of sound minds also.

Lesson: Nepotism kills Determination, Dreams And Lastly the Genius in Human.

Good points raised, though you take style make it look like Igbos are the only ones with hatred on nairaland, both Afonja and Igbo idiots are guilty of same crime.

Finally I wish you caution your brothers when someone from the South East is caught with drugs, you can easily feel the hatred against Igbos in such thread.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Asour: 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
Tpharell:

You completely misunderstood the point made there.
Regardless of what you wrote there, many naive young minds will be wondering and comparing the obvious gains of both endeavors.
This is definitely not a sure way to promote education as a ticket to better life in a poor illiterate society

There are over 70 Nigerian CEOs earning 30 - 90m per year in various Nigerian corporates.

A select few earn over 100m /annually too.

Many (thousands) Chief level executives & managers /Professionals earn tens of millions too in various ranks across different industries.

There are many more Nigerians in Europe & America earning good sums as professionals YEARLY (not one-off).

Guess what? 95%+ of them are graduates with their education a good part of their success.

Why would millions of Nigerian graduates have their eyes on a prize that can only be given to one per year? BBN or whatever is a game of extreme luck. A pure entertainment play.

That the best graduating student wasn't given 90m takes nothing away from the value of education.
Anyone who thinks it does should give up on education and chase his extremely unlikely BBN dreams.

Cheers.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Inosky(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
Congratulations. Great feat. Best wishes brain box.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Isobug: 8:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Nope sir wink
Yes that's true. I remember it's actually UI not OAU.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
gurunlocker:
Got paid $190 USD
too bad ..smh
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by madridsta007(m): 8:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
micronut:
Meet OAU Overall Best Graduating Student for 2021 Convocation Year - Ohanekwu Favour with 4.88 CGPA

Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, was the cynosure of all eyes yesterday, at the Amphi-theatre hall of the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, as he won many prices, and eventually took home the awards, for the Overall Best Graduating Student in his Department - Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Best Graduating Student in the Faculty of Technology and Overall Best Graduating Student in the entire Graduating set for this year.

The Proud father of Favour, and a Pastor of a Church in Ibadan - Bishop Emmanuel Ohanekwu shared this good news on his Social Media account for friends and families to rejoice with him on this proud feat achieved by his Son.

Congratulations favour, it's not easy to lead a set at OAU, academically. The future indeed looks bright with this, and we can't but wish you all the best.

Source © Omoelublog
https://www.facebook.com/1475393255873587/posts/4654112831334931/

Congratulations!!!!
Apply for a PhD scholarship abroad and leave that country, Favour.
I will be advertising for a fully-funded PhD position in two weeks' time and would urge that you apply.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by omat20(m): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2021
Congrats bro. I will be celebrated like this at University of Delta Asaba in 2026 Nairalanders please keep this post.Thanks
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
BKayy:

They no wan play away, so we brought the fight to their house.
Right in the Heart of Yorubaland.
Lmfao

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Albertone(m): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2021
The5DME:
Studying STEM courses in OAU is ridiculously difficult, not to talk of graduating with distinction in it; and all he was given was just a paltry sum of 100k? SMH for the Nigerian educational system.
Out of the 109 first class graduates, faculty of sciences only had 5!

1 Like

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by 4gunners(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
flokii:

Who the fvck are you??

You better get off my mentions. Rubbish!
grin grin grin lol.. hatred can’t kill oo . O ki she omo Yoruba..
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by 4gunners(m): 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2021
yusman14:
EEE is easier compared to other departments in OAU faculty of Technology...only #Ifetech guys can understand
lol I’m an OAU product as well , graduated from Civil Engineering dept.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
kinibigdeal:

He can’t get such opportunity in the east. Everyone will keep benefiting from the hospitality of the southwest. We are like America that want everyone to showcase their talents
Lmfao
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Nchenches: 9:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
For some years at UNN, during the 1980s and the
1990s, Bendel state students were the best graduating students.

Kingsley Osadolor, for example.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by 4good(m): 9:25pm On Dec 11, 2021
Waoh! Respect! That guy worked hard I must say. Hummnnn, when an Elect/Elect student is the overall best graduand of a set. Amazing! If you are not an engineering student, sure you can't relate with my feelings for this guy right now. This is a very special achievement to me. Weldone guy. Congrats!
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by 4good(m): 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
4good:
Waoh! Respect! That guy worked hard I must say. Hummnnn, when an Elect/Elect student is the overall best graduand of an entire set.... Amazing! If you are not an engineering student, sure you can't relate with my feelings for this guy right now. This is a very special achievement to me. Weldone guy. Congrats!
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Nosayer: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2021
thelegend1:

You just proved my point with your response. You could not make a simple comment/contribution/difference in opinion without derogatory remarks involving my parents despite your education.

So who was scammed now?!

No, I wasn't making derogatory remarks about your parents. I was talking about you making Education a scam by calling it a scam.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2021
Let me educate you a bit.

First, being a best graduating student does not warrant huge amount of money in anyway, you and most people on this part of the world always assume that what we do in school is the ultimate and most important activity in life, it's not. The world revolves around evolution and evolution is predicated on positive changes overtime that affects people's life, how has he affected anyone's life that he should be given a huge sum?

Second, it may interest you to know that even nobel prize(the highest academic recognition in terms of monetary value and intellectual height is not as much as you think especially when shared by 3 lauretes as the case maybe. You can as well argue why footballers earn that much, it's simple, people are interested in football, same way people are interested in Bbnaija. Even majority of students are not interested in creativity and innovation, and the irony is that school is primarily for these two. Students just want to memorize, then come out to be seeking who to employ them. A Student in computer science once told me that if he should lay hands on a particular amount of money, he wouldn't read again for the rest of his life.

Third, if at all the student should be given a huge sum, were should the money be taken from?
Mind you, Bbnaija is been funded by private organization. Besides, it has viewers that are indirectly contributing to the funds winners will be given at the end. A best graduating student has not achieved any commercial height, so how does he deserve a massive monetary reward? Where is the money going to come from? On a formal level?

Lastly, comparing bbnaija and best graduating student is an indication of week education.
I'm not a fan of Bbnaija or anything related to it. And that does not make people who view it or participate in it wasted.
Variety is the beauty of the world, there is a reason we have multiple ways of perception accros human race, blacks should embrace this and see life that way. No generation is wasted all things work together for good.

ILoveDemMANNA:
Winner of BB9Ja was given around 90 Million Naira.
Some were even made special assistant to the Governors of their various states.
How much will they reward this brilliant student with?
Wasted generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by NSK4U(m): 10:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
O wrong nau, how come?
All the way from East to the land of educated people, and they watched this shi happen right under their noses? .......O this is an insult to the highest order!!
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Terrier99: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
You can imagine he left his region to skull miners region and still dominate them.

There are rich Igbos, there are poor Igbos. Unfortunately, you will die poor if you don't change.
Re: Meet Ohanekwu Favour Ebuka, OAU Overall Best Graduating Student With 4.88 CGPA by Dreytonisback(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
Guess how much he was gifted ?

100k naira only

How much did they give to BBNAIJA THIS YR AGAIN ? sad

Lights up my kpoli in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blackout: OAU Students Reading Outside (Pictures) / What An American Twitted About Nigeria, Is It True? / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.