Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens (3090 Views)

Community Jubilates As Young Man Scores 270 After Writing JAMB 5 Times (video) / Can 4.299 Cgpa Be Rounded Up As 4.30 In One's Transcript? / Ikeoluwa Abioye, 15-Year-Old, Who Scored 9 A1s In WAEC And 305 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Enskynelson(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2021
Emmanuel Abuh Lawrence took to Facebook in a post, seeking justice for being denied admission into Benue State University to study Medicine after scoring 299 in UTME. Emmanuel who has written the exams several times feel he was unjustly denied admission because he has no money to bribe the University officials.
Some Nigerians tried to attribute his denials to evil forces mostly from the family, advising him to pray and try again while others suggested he call Brekete Radio to see if he can get a redress on the matter.
See the attached...
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Enskynelson(m): 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2021
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Enskynelson(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2021
More

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by ChiefSosa(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2021
Lol, I got over 300 in jamb. Till date, the officials are still investigating my result. Jamb officials are of the practice of messing with people's results.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Bilabong(m): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2021
To enter 9ja uni na problem

To stay for 9ja uni problem

To grad from 9ja uni another problem.

7 Likes

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Lol, I got over 300 in jamb. Till date, the officials are still investigating my result. Jamb officials are of the practice of messing with people's results.

Pls was it from 2021 jamb.
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by ChiefSosa(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2021
Drslime:

Pls was it from 2021 jamb.
No, sir! It's been years.

1 Like

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2021
ChiefSosa:

No, sir! It's been years.

Opps!! sorry sir(am actually a jambite so I should be the one calling you 'sir' and not you).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Enskynelson(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2021
Bilabong:
To enter 9ja uni na problem

To stay for 9ja uni problem

To grad from 9ja uni another problem.
And after you graduate, na still problem.

1 Like

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Murrayish(f): 7:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
I hope there is something that could be done for him. This same thing happened to me for 5years. It is absolutely heart wrenching
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Enskynelson(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2021
Murrayish:
I hope there is something that could be done for him. This same thing happened to me for 5years. It is absolutely heart wrenching
Wow... How did you get over it and hope you eventually studied your preferred course?
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by devilmaycry: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
Ehya...Bsu tho
I hail from Benue, and I can tell u that getting medicine wit no long leg der ain't an easy feat

Its well with him sha
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by ChiefSosa(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
Drslime:

Opps!! sorry sir(am actually a jambite so I should be the one calling you 'sir' and not you).
Lol. it's totally fine, sir!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by talk2hb1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
C'est le Sapa, Sapa Bien merci
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Murrayish(f): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Applied to a school in the SouthEast as I am Igbo. About to round up year1.
Enskynelson:

Wow... How did you get over it and hope you eventually studied your preferred course?
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by QuickStandard: 11:09pm On Dec 11, 2021
That's serious.

But if I may ask... After writing Jamb, I thought there's supposed to be another exam called Post UTME Exam? Abi how them dey call am that year?
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by floss(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2021
Some have brains but have no way....
Some have way but have no brain
We have brains and we have way
Glory be to you o lord

Singing my nursery School rhymes, this is my own version.

@Op, look beyond what you are facing now. Destiny can only be delayed but not denied, definitely your helper will locate you, you have done your part... allow God to do his own.

3 Likes

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Bilabong(m): 12:32am On Dec 12, 2021
Enskynelson:

And after you graduate, na still problem.

That is the oga kpatakpata of them all. grin
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Mpcoll001: 6:51am On Dec 12, 2021
What was his score in post utme? I believed the school conducted post-utme... H should state his post utme score and o'level results too. This might help those who intend to help him out
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by potent5(m): 6:56am On Dec 12, 2021
Enskynelson:
Emmanuel Abuh Lawrence took to Facebook in a post, seeking justice for being denied admission into Benue State University to study Medicine after scoring 299 in UTME. Emmanuel who has written the exams several times feel he was unjustly denied admission because he has no money to bribe the University officials.
Some Nigerians tried to attribute his denials to evil forces mostly from the family, advising him to pray and try again while others suggested he call Brekete Radio to see if he can get a redress on the matter.
See the attached...
Na family matter. Had he ever condemned injustice to other people in the society, or he just remembered justice because he is involved? Did his father do justice as a police officer?
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Emuforlife1: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2021
Look at those deluded Christians shouting "Prayer"....
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Greenvaiper: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2021
Na Nigerian police Pekin. The guy is suffering from generational curses as a result of his father's misdeeds. May God help him
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Vitamin17(m): 8:45am On Dec 12, 2021
Emuforlife1:
Look at those deluded Christians shouting "Prayer"....

grin
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by micxwell(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
Crystalom3:
As someone in BSU, studying Medicine and from benue let me explain this.

Maybe it's corruption but maybe it's not.

Benue State University can accommodate only about 50-90 medical students at a time.

That is the quota allocated to them.

Now out of these, the university picks 2 of the highest scorers from each local government.

That's a total of 48-50 people for the quota. So why his jamb score might be high, he may not be among the top scorer in his local government.

And some people from other local governments with 250+ might gain admission if they are the highest in their LGA.

There are no doubts slots for big men and women with connections. But at least 50 candidates are by merit. And to get in by merit, you must be among the two highest scorer in your local government.

If you are from places like Otukpo, Makurdi and some top LGA, you'll find it difficult to get into the med school because there's always one or two persons with just one score ahead of you and you'll be thrown to either anatomy, physiology or biochemistry
Nice breakdown

1 Like

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by chyzoo4u(m): 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Population which supposed to be a blessing, has now turned to something else for us due to corruption.

The Gambia gives straight admission without Jamb or whatsoever, once your WAEC is good, you'll get admission.

Many Nigerians are there studying.

PS: I don't know the process of getting admission there neither am I an agent, please use Google or ask some people you know or on social media to get information.
Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Conner44: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
They have given his slot to Abdul and Fatima from katsina who scored only 23 in their own jamb exam

Let him try again next year or change his state of origin tongue

Re: A Man Scores 299 In JAMB and then this happens by Khd95(m): 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
In the year 2016, I scored 264 in jamb, scored 63 in post jamb, mumu me, I had the believe that if I don't make the first list the second list will not pass me by cheesy

I was very naive and innocent to have believed I could get the admission without having "long legs".

Unilorin's Lists upon lists came out I no even smell my names, that thing pain me that year, meanwhile some other students whom I met on Facebook groups were sharing their testimonies of how they have been admitted, %80 of people who claimed to have been admitted didn't score close to 230 in their jamb or 59 in their post jamb, I was curious so I started asking questions.

I got tho realize many of them had to pay lecturers who run "admission" for applicants.

You could imagine the rot in every sector of Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lastest Update On ASUU Strike. / Aduvie Montessori International School, Abuja. / Ajigbotosho Taibat Portrait Painting By Ayodeji Ayeola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.