Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu (3352 Views)

Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Tinubu Remains Our Rallying Point, Says Sanwo-Olu As Amaechi Visits Lagos / Curfew May Be Imposed On Lagos State Says Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by ba7man(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2021
Landlords should kuku turn their apartments to short-lets then.

No more rent, pay daily but the price will be premium.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by Help2020: 8:08am On Dec 12, 2021
budaatum:

For not letting you pay what you can afford to pay in rent?

Please let me know when Dangote stops being wicked and lets me pay whatever I want for cement, then I too will stop being wicked and let you pay what you can in rent.
Oga,I be landlord oo.. I will gladly give my house out for one month.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 12, 2021
Laudable initiative given the struggle of many Nigerians to pay one or two years rent in advance demanded by landlord.

Will however be difficult to implement and midwife because Nigerians are difficult people who abuse and pervert every opportunity given to them.

Many tenants will default on payment deliberately and become habitual monthly headaches for landlord.

Whereas landlord only had to fight tenants for rent once a year under previous arrangement.

Landlord will need legal protection more under this new arrangement.

For this to work then robust new laws must be brought in that ensures the expedited removal of non-paying tenants from a property within 2 months with landlord able to collect 2 months refundable rent deposit, as guarantee they will not lose out, seperate to damage deposit.

Nigerians often abuse everything provided to make their lives better because most have become lawless per our society at large.

Yet, clear and properly implemented laws can change that. Is it not obvious with how the majority of Nigerians conform In countries with strict laws, that are implemented to the letter, whereas same folks misbehave as soon as they set foot in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2021
seunmsg:
The law should be made optional. Those who want to pay monthly should do so while those who prefer to pay yearly should also be allowed to do so.

exactly, Sanwoolu should concentrate on governance and leave this nonsense

imagine someone that manage to pay a year rent and unfortunately lost his job and he had 2months left to pay new rent, where did he want him to get the money for monthly rent?
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by DoggoneDogg: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2021
budaatum:

I'm not telling you since I will not be renting it to you.

I want to live in your house so we can come to Nairaland and settle our differences later.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 12, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

exactly, Sanwoolu should concentrate on governance and leave this nonsense

imagine someone that manage to pay a year rent and unfortunately lost his job and he had 2months left to pay new rent, where did he want him to get the money for monthly rent?

Bro think about what you're saying na. It is never personally beneficial to a man when he just criticises everything/everyone automatically and is negative for the sake of being negative alone.

A man, according to you, managed to pay a year rent. Say 1 million Naira. He lost his job and has 2 months before the next rent of 1 million Naira is due.

Will the new Lagos rent payment provision not be better for his current condition since it will means he has to pay only 84k (1million naira divided by 12) for the first month of the new tenancy, and same every month after, rather than be running around to cough up 1 million Naira for one year's rent?
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by Drogunov: 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
seunmsg:
The law should be made optional. Those who want to pay monthly should do so while those who prefer to pay yearly should also be allowed to do so.

Don't tell me that law is gonna affect you as a landlord grin grin grin in Lagos o.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by budaatum: 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
Help2020:

Oga,I be landlord oo.. I will gladly give my house out for one month.

I have given up a whole house for 20 years, so that's not the issue here, as there's a difference between me doing charity with my house and government doing charity with my house.

If government want to do charity, let them go build social housing or tell Dangote to let me pay whatever I can afford for his cement.
Re: Lagos Residents To Pay Monthly Rent To Landlords From 2022, Says Sanwo-olu by budaatum: 3:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
I want to live in your house so we can come to Nairaland and settle our differences later.

Monthly rent is ₦100k. I'll accept a year in advance if you can accept a months notice to quit if you default.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nonso Emecheta: The Importance Of Youth Involvement In Politics / BREAKING: Three Senior Military Officers, 20 Other Soldiers Killed As Terrorists / Abia To Recover 52 New Oil Wells (in Addition To 46 Already Recovered) From Rive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.