Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog (26727 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by space9880: 12:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
I need advice from only those with knowledge of the matter
how deep is the wound?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2021
omoyemirally:
[My aunt died last week due to dog bite. She took tt and antirabbies but didn't complete the dose. The thing degenerated to another thing and she died few days afterquote author=Walkee post=108414384]Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.
I visited someone, the dog was lying close to the door, I tried to touch it so it could go away it just bit me. Small bite with scratches on my fingers(I guess the scratches are from its nails) I went to the clinic and took tetenus injection and they also gave me anti-rabies injection too (5k per one) and said I'm supposed to take it 3 times but I'm strapped for cash currently.
I heard if a dog transmit rabies, it would die after few days. Should I still be worried if the dog doesn't die?
I mean if the dog is healthy and alive does it means it couldn't have had rabies infection to transmit during bite?
sorry. But I want to know if the dog is alive
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2021
space9880:
how deep is the wound?
I tried to upload pictures but airtel is just bad right now. The one that looks like a little puncture(they said that's the bite) is not deep, I can press it and not feel much pain but the other two lines which the suggested was from its teeth is more painful
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 8:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Sophiatheninth:
We can send the op funds to complete the dosage instead of just advising him to complete it. If he has the money, I'm sure he wouldn't have bothered posting this.
I saw your mail, sorry I don't really know how Nairaland mailing works. I sent a reply but I don't know if I did it correctly. Thank you
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by space9880: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Walkee:
I tried to upload pictures but airtel is just bad right now. The one that looks like a little puncture(they said that's the bite) is not deep, I can press it and not feel much pain but the other two lines which the suggested was from its teeth is more painful
as long as you have taken anti rabies and anti tetanus shot you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2021
space9880:
as long as you have taken anti rabies and anti tetanus shot you have nothing to worry about.
OK thank you but I have only only taken one shot of the anti rabies, they said I need at least 3, so I was thinking maybe I could skip the remaining two doses because I don't really have enough money for them right now and the dog doesn't look sick or aggressive or anything. It's not chained, it's still walking around the compound with a lot of people around without attacking anyone or showing any form of abnormal behaviour
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Tapout(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2021
Walkee:
Please if you opened this thread just to ask me if this is a clinic or you want to ask why I went near the dog kindly close the thread.

Ekuke get mind bite you, you no kill am?? The last Ekuke that barked at me in my village, I went inside the house, came back with steaming Hot water and poured it.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by space9880: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Walkee:
OK thank you but I have only only taken one shot of the anti rabies, they said I need at least 3, so I was thinking maybe I could skip the remaining two doses because I don't really have enough money for them right now and the dog doesn't look sick or aggressive or anything. It's not chained, it's still walking around the compound with a lot of people around without attacking anyone or showing any form of abnormal behaviour
a dog with rabies usually display some character but from what you have described the dog seems ok as long as you take anti tetanus you're good.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by lastgenious(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
That was what killed my brother. We took him to a private doctor who told us that he will give the boy anti-rabies 6 shots for #2500 each which he did, but to our surprise after one month the boy started convolging. We took him to the hospital but the doctors said what they gave him was not anti-rabies. And that the rabies has already gotten into his brain so its too late. That was how he died after three days. My advise, each shot of anti-rabies cost #10,000 and you most take six shots don't waste up to 2 weeks without starting the treatment. If you don't have money, hold the owner of the dog and let him take you to the hospital. Simple
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by omoyemirally(f): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
Walkee:
sorry. But I want to know if the dog is alive
YES IT IS
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Uyi168: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2021
Jamersirwin1971:
We do have a local dog at home also. First time I was bitten by it . I just used spirit to clean the wound and I was good . After like 3 months I mistakenly stepped on its tail and it bit me again . This time uncle was there . He made sure I took tetanus injection that’s all. Went to hospital and got one shot and they gave me antibiotics to heal that’s all . Went back home in a week the wound don close . Any one telling you that you will bark for days just Dey lie. Take one shot or tetanus injections . You will be fine
It's obvious your uncles dog was not infected.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Margaretola(f): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2021
Go get anti-rabies. You can have a session with a doctor here
https://cribmd.com/
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Jamersirwin1971: 1:59pm On Dec 30, 2021
Uyi168:
It's obvious your uncles dog was not infected.

Yeah .. Maybe
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by LotaTee: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
omoyemirally:
YES IT IS
If the dog is still alive then it's not rabid.Rabies did not kill your relation.
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2021
Walkee:

What's the update? How are you? Did you complete the dose?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 9:38am On Dec 31, 2021
Sophiatheninth:

What's the update? How are you? Did you complete the dose?
I think I'm fine. Thank you. I took 2 shots out of 3
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by TheOldGods: 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2022
Walkee:
how far, you still dey alive?
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 8:28am On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44 please help me delete this thread
Thank you
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by Walkee: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Seun lalasticlala please help me delete this thread
Re: Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog by joyandfaith: 8:57am On Dec 19, 2022
Walkee:

Is the dog still alive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Proven Underwear Tips For Women / Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos) / Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.