Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria (71103 Views)

Why Bishop Oyedepo Can't Pay His 40 Pastors - Prophet MKO Tibetan / Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Angelfrost:

I just dey look you dey laugh!!! grin grin grin

A man's true wealth is not merely in how much money he possesses but in the ideas he has and his ability to produce values while impacting lives.

In this regard, Oyedepo, Otedola, Gates, etc, will do just fine even when you strip them of all they have currently.

Just humble yourself and learn a thing or two about success!

Make he try leave church na. Whether he no go sweat like chrismas goat! grin
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2021
StarGra:
Did Oyedepo beg you,when winners chapel started?
Even his 20th generation can never beg you or anyone around you....

Kpele

1 Like

Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Baruwaaaaa(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2021
This is your personal opinion...
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:
Shiloh 2021: Why David Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria Till Death

Source

As a Pastor and not a businessman where do u think he made his money?? undecided

If he was a businessman I will completely understand his business ideas and all. Or is he also a businessman on he side?

I don’t like ambiguity and confusion. undecided

Where do Rich pastors make their money from?? undecided
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Those your so called "fools" you are unworthy to be their gateman.

Delusion
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by nosiebaba(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kdon2:

You twisting the narrative to suit your mind. He never said spiritually rich. There is none of the attributes he mentioned that has anything to do with spiritual qualities but physical human functions! Stop being delusional
For you as a Christian to measure a pastor with physical wealth shows you need revival of the mind. If someone is measuring Jesus christ based on how many donkeys he has, isn't it your duty to correct that person. The goal is heaven and whatever material things present in the church is to propagate the gospel. As Christians you should be the one correcting others
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Image123(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
LordReed:

Elon Musk doesn't have faith yet he is the richest man and supremely confident too. Faith might play into it but it cannot be even the majority of the story.

Faith is not even mainly for wealth making or accumulation to start with, neither is it by any means the only means to get wealth. Just like selling electric cars isn't the only route to great wealth. BTW, is Musk now the richest guy, i used to think it was the Amazon fellow.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
risingprophet:
No one in the Bible had a Bible.

They had the scrolls
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
Karlovych:
He will continue to prey on the gullible sheep that cannot think for themselves, Jesus never owned a donkey or a school in Bethlehem, Galilee, Judea or Nazareth.
He fed the poor, healed the sick whenever he ministered to people unlike these ones that only need you to sow a seed to enrich themselves and their families.
I ji ya! The earlier people begin to have sense,the better for them because then they would stop falling prey to these business men.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by ajimotoke(m): 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
Wereas some of the member hardly eat 1meal a day not to talk of 3, well it is well
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
specialmati:
No he will continue to be in riches because he is in the service of a kingdom thats created wealth.religion is not scam in Nigeria I think government is the scam.the reason why most of you guys attack the church is because the country is being mismanaged by the government.

Church is as much a scam on its own just as government is.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by MPESA(m): 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
IWillRiseAgain:

Lol. You probably missed the point of the post

YOU LIED
You are member of his church.... No dey lie jare ...
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kdon2:

Not someone like oyedepo. Here in my area I have roads repaired by churches. Let's stop deceiving ourselves

Is your place idiroko road or sango it's road?
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by nosiebaba(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
brutal1:
you that you are not suffering from generational poverty is here hailing someone that is using your "at all at all" to build his own wealth. Shebby when they mention the richest pastor in Africa na your papa name dem dey mention....his children are the heir to your investment in his ministry ...you see how smart you are !
Am smarter than your generation my brother. Anyone that is smart won't speak against a man of God. Is there any title as richest pastor in Africa? You guys always conjure that title to persecute the body of christ.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Those your so called "fools" you are unworthy to be their gateman.

Sadly I agree with u. Many top executives and people in church giving money to pastors or rather God as the case may be. undecided
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by malikisunday(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
He is the richest pastor in the world and not just Nigeria post of correction there
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bellerophon:
The glorification of religion to the status of the ultimate essence rather than a more tempered interpretation as a vehicle for attaining the existential essence makes Life meaningful and tolerable especially in the overwhelming abundance of coexisting contradictions like Life and Death, Health and Sickness, Wealth and Poverty, love and Hate and so on especially when the nature of life is by default absurd, mysterious, inexplicable, obtuse and arcane to human understanding! Thus, elevating religion to the status of being the ultimate reason of existence rather than a means of attaining a desirable existence. Helping the disappointed faithful to cope with the failures of his efforts or attempt at a meaningful existence despite consistency, piety , dedication and morality! However while this misinterpretation of religion gives a false sense of security and immunity from the ‘vanities’ of the world it also robs the adherent of rational thoughts, free will and self determinism!

It is safe for congregants to consider the financial ascendancy of the churches they worship as a tangential achievement to which they feel connected when in reality the true beneficiaries are no other than the direct signatories to the bank accounts where ‘God’s money is domiciled! This feeling of belonging to something significant and elevated soon replaces the sense and consciousness to their very own personal reality, taking solace in the recognition they feel from the sense of community they share in their religious gatherings! Accommodating poverty as God’s will, temporary , a test of faith, a function of sin, and so spins the simple mind in the whirling confusion of false doctrines

Pastors are Humans and Humans are at best beautifully imperfect as perfection only exists in immortality or divinity! The equation of spiritual leadership with the deity of the godhead as portrayed in the actions of the laity that have been drunk sick on the opium of sermons of instant miracles and dramatic financial turn arounds is in itself blasphemous and antichrist as accountability of leadership is one of the virtue of ideal societies! Religious Leadership is exaggerated and enabled by a poverty of means, mind, and being! The state of being of the Nigerian Christian is automated and dogmatic, the average ones can’t even prove the reason or the worth for their existence! A pathetic cycle that sadly ends only at death

Here is a philosopher!
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by lexy2014: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kdon2:

Stop fooliing yourself. I have a very rich business man fixing a 5 kilometer road completely with drainage and asphalt overlay here in my place

U didn't answer the question:

What makes u think that he hasn't approached the govt to fix the road leading to d Canaanland?
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by nosiebaba(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kdon2:

You twisting the narrative to suit your mind. He never said spiritually rich. There is none of the attributes he mentioned that has anything to do with spiritual qualities but physical human functions! Stop being delusional
How many times have you heard anyone mention the richest Imam in the world. Or are there not imams that have private jet in Saudi? Always quick to join forces that are against christianity
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by davidodiba(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
FarahAideed:
Went to Ota recently for a meeting and I notice the entire place has no single motorable road , moving around Ota was hell and it got me thinking why Living Faith will not close eye and fix some roads especially those leading to the Church grounds

Even if Oyedepo rebuilds Ota, some one like you will still come here to say he used your money to do so. If you want to hang your dog, any rope will do...mtcheeeew
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by senatrpaichulo(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
ityP:

Jesus lied then, when he said, "foxes have dens and birds nest, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head
This is a parabolic statement. Simply means he's not going to rest till he draw men to himself. He wasn't talking about a house.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by lexy2014: 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bellerophon:
The glorification of religion to the status of the ultimate essence rather than a more tempered interpretation as a vehicle for attaining the existential essence makes Life meaningful and tolerable especially in the overwhelming abundance of coexisting contradictions like Life and Death, Health and Sickness, Wealth and Poverty, love and Hate and so on especially when the nature of life is by default absurd, mysterious, inexplicable, obtuse and arcane to human understanding! Thus, elevating religion to the status of being the ultimate reason of existence rather than a means of attaining a desirable existence. Helping the disappointed faithful to cope with the failures of his efforts or attempt at a meaningful existence despite consistency, piety , dedication and morality! However while this misinterpretation of religion gives a false sense of security and immunity from the ‘vanities’ of the world it also robs the adherent of rational thoughts, free will and self determinism!

It is safe for congregants to consider the financial ascendancy of the churches they worship as a tangential achievement to which they feel connected when in reality the true beneficiaries are no other than the direct signatories to the bank accounts where ‘God’s money is domiciled! This feeling of belonging to something significant and elevated soon replaces the sense and consciousness to their very own personal reality, taking solace in the recognition they feel from the sense of community they share in their religious gatherings! Accommodating poverty as God’s will, temporary , a test of faith, a function of sin, and so spins the simple mind in the whirling confusion of false doctrines

Pastors are Humans and Humans are at best beautifully imperfect as perfection only exists in immortality or divinity! The equation of spiritual leadership with the deity of the godhead as portrayed in the actions of the laity that have been drunk sick on the opium of sermons of instant miracles and dramatic financial turn arounds is in itself blasphemous and antichrist as accountability of leadership is one of the virtue of ideal societies! Religious Leadership is exaggerated and enabled by a poverty of means, mind, and being! The state of being of the Nigerian Christian is automated and dogmatic, the average ones can’t even prove the reason or the worth for their existence! A pathetic cycle that sadly ends only at death

How does everything u said negate the info provided in d article?
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by freshboi88: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
senatrpaichulo:
I'll answer you, Jesus had everything he needed in his disposal. He had his own apartment in a ship. He turned water to wine. He needed a donkey, he didn't beg for it. If Jesus was on Earth today, he'll own the biggest Private jets. He'll speak out against government same way Bishop does. Jesus never lacked anything. Even when he died, he was buried like the Rich. Jesus showed us why wealth, transportation and everything is needed for the gospel. This is our generation, donkey and boat is not trending.

There is a difference between not lacking and been rich mumu. Jesus got the basics things he needs to survive.

Jesus didn't turn water to wine for himself but to the Glory of God and for others.

Where did Jesus have his own apartment in a ship ? Show me for bible ?

Biggest private Jet Kwa?....If Jesus didn't own a horse, which was the most prestigious animal and transport means at the time, why will he own a private jet at this age....Think with your brain man n not with your anus.

Jesus been buried in the tomb owned by a wealth New doesn't mean Jesus was rich....

Jesus showed us why u don't need wealth to propagate the Jesus because by all standards Jesus was not a wealthy man n didn't come from a wealthy background
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
nosiebaba:

How many times have you heard anyone mention the richest Imam in the world. Or are there not imams that have private jet in Saudi? Always quick to join forces that are against christianity

No vex
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by BePrepared: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Karlovych:
He will continue to prey on the gullible sheep that cannot think for themselves, Jesus never owned a donkey or a school in Bethlehem, Galilee, Judea or Nazareth.
He fed the poor, healed the sick whenever he ministered to people unlike these ones that only need you to sow a seed to enrich themselves and their families.

The more u hate criticize and whimper the more he gets richer

Chai
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kdon2: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
lexy2014:

U didn't answer the question:

What makes u think that he hasn't approached the govt to fix the road leading to d Canaanland?

The fact that it was not fixed!
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Kavod: 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
ezechi24:

dey here dey fight for una pastor....chai nigeria and indeed africa can never be redeemed ....our politicians and religious leaders go continue to get us down becus of the few wey no wan gree wise.
Kwayet your mouth... After Sunday service one day... He heard his sister abi na aunty son when finish with first class de mad. ViOLENT.. so he ask them to bring him. They brought this guy in chains, so he said remove the chains but the guys that brought him told him he almost killed some other mad patients that it would be a bad idea, DAVID insisted. As they where removing the chains, pastor Abioye and Mike don start prayer, kabazakakakimodhazender. DAVID burst laugh, so everyone was wondering what is funny. Guess what, DAVID said I am going to my office inside the school, Abioye said so? DAVID replied am taking him with me and I want to see how this demon would enter my car when am inside. LO and behold as the violent mad guy entered the car, it was a Mercedes Benz CLS 550 AMG.. the man guy touched his face and became very quiet. The guy started WOFBI!!!! Guy that guy na winners pastor... Na you nor wise and worst of all you are ignorant... You wetin you don do for your community? Who you don help? What's your impact even for your own family?
RUBBISH
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kdon2:

Delusion
60% of industries in Nigeria are owned and run by those that believe in Jesus, and these are the companies you pray everyday to work with.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by NADFOR: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
God bless my BISHOP.More progress for you IJN.
We your children are also making exceptional progress in our various endeavors changing the world positively.

Every word that comes out of your mouth is backed with power and great wisdom

Bad Belle, make Una face BUHAR.
Lol.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by senatrpaichulo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Elsueno:

Oyedepo Fanatic spotted

Daddy G.O ain't Jesus & they can't even be compared, so stop ur delusions of making jusfication for unnecessary materialism
I'm a child of God who understands the plethora of his riches in glory. Heaven has streets of pure gold. Thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. If bishop was a poor man speaking against the government. He would have been arrested and jailed.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by folks4luv(f): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
I am a Christian but see this your article is the height of self deception. Bishop Oyedepo and other men like him cannot be poor primarily cause they are being heavily funded by the rich and poor folks alike. They have carved a niche for themselves and they are doing well. All these stories are very irrelevant.
Re: Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria by Joyrise: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
FarahAideed:
Went to Ota recently for a meeting and I notice the entire place has no single motorable road , moving around Ota was hell and it got me thinking why Living Faith will not close eye and fix some roads especially those leading to the Church grounds

As regards the bad road, it is the fault of the govt. Govt refuse the church fixing the road themselves but that they should give them the money for them to fix. So the Bishop refused even since GEJ period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Was Number 44 Of Suliemans Prophecy Refering To Chris Oyakhilome? / Man Rains Money On His Pastor In Church (Photos, Video) / COZA & Man Urinating On Bible: The PUNCH Removes Editor Over Offensive Cartoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.