Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,888 members, 7,956,349 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Jesus Preached The Virtue Of Forgiveness Even For Your Enemies Over Revenge! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Preached The Virtue Of Forgiveness Even For Your Enemies Over Revenge! (110 Views)

Your Experience The First Time You Preached The Gospel / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Have You Ever Preached The Gospel? Be A Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Preached The Virtue Of Forgiveness Even For Your Enemies Over Revenge! by Gee64: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2021
These days, people believe in revenge for a wrong done them and curse the wrongdoers. But in the Christian scripture, Jesus preached about the virtues associated with forgiveness. He even demonstrated this when he was nailed to the Cross and was dying. Ironically, he voiced out solemnly,
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing!"

How many Christians today have that spirit of forgiveness as demonstrated by Jesus? Even in some Churches you hear the pastor and his Christian faithfuls shout,

"Let our enemies die by fire! Die! Die! Die!"

Instead of:

"Almighty God, please cause my enemies to be of good spirit and become friends with me and let them pray for me instead of wishing me evil"

God listens to such humble prayers.

Only the devil would wish those you consider your enemies dead. God expects that we all live together in peace and in unity.

I WISH YOU ALL A GREAT SUNDAY!

(1) (Reply)

About A Certain Parable In The Bible... / Worship Preludes Testimony / Mind Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.