Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) (33224 Views)

Tinukevibes Slams 'Hausa' Muslims Offended By Her Dance Video In Saudi Arabia / Muslims 'Offended' By Tinukevibes_ Dance In Saudi Arabia (Video) / Timi Dakolo’s Wife Shares Church Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Natemrwiz: 1:04am On Dec 13, 2021
Bro it's never an offense to speak your mind. The fact that you didn't like it should make you tell your pastor , whatever you get to learn you learn not by telling us or keeping in mind and you should learn how to pray .
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by learner007(m): 1:11am On Dec 13, 2021
But if it was to criticize pastors on SM, shaply una don get voice. Na so e dey be. Just to pray now, e turn offense. You should be able to say a simple prayer as a Christian. Think of how many members call them on the phone for prayers. This is what pastors do that everyday and you all still don't appreciate them.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Munzy14(m): 1:38am On Dec 13, 2021
KiNg0G:
I didn't know it was hard to pray, untill I was given microphone today unexpectedly.

I wouldn't say I disgraced myself, but bro you supposed know how that kind thing dey be.

Elders are there, deacons and deaconess are there ever ready to be called at any giving opportunity, na me when sit down my own jejely for congregation dey look time...na pastor see call.

The full church was just observing as the usher was bringing the mic to where I stood.

I fumbled, even my voice for the speaker echo, the way my voice sounded in the speaker, some people Burst laugh.

Where I want start from,

My buddie that came with me to the church.(guy man just smiling sheepishly)

I just had to coordinate myself a little, I kept it short and simple.

Well, na small thing dey disgrace person.

A young man like myself go come dey fool myself say I nor sabi pray.. thank jah for how it played out.
It wasn't really that bad... he's not supposed to Take me unaware.

Because it was just as if the pastor get me for mind before.

Ever since have been attending that church it's elders, deacons, evangelist he normally calls to give closing prayer... and I know he normally informs them down.

As for my pastor am thinking about having a chat with him, I really didn't like it.

He can't just take me unaware like that.
if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should. Have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.
That would have been better, not calling me unexpectedly.
grin grin brother Kingog lead us in prayers...lol

E go come be like make ground swallow you.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Fejimummy: 1:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Prayer is one thing we have to prepare our hearts for , so picking someone just like that during service to pray without informing them in advance is really bad. Prayer should come from the heart with deep feeling not something done on impulse.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Vonwolf(m): 3:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Godons1:

The first time I was asked to pray in public, I automatically became a chronic STAMARER grin. I stammer from the begining to the end of the prayer. To mention Jesus name sef come hard me. I really disgraced myself that day.

After that incident, I stopped going to Church for over a year cause of shame. Me wey dress very well that day to impress one Girl wey i dey eye that time. I even made sure I sat close to her grin grin

Your pastor offended you because he unexpectedly asked you to pray
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Drogunov: 5:20am On Dec 13, 2021
KiNg0G:
I didn't know it was hard to pray, untill I was given microphone today unexpectedly.

I wouldn't say I disgraced myself, but bro you supposed know how that kind thing dey be.

Elders are there, deacons and deaconess are there ever ready to be called at any giving opportunity, na me when sit down my own jejely for congregation dey look time...na pastor see call.

The full church was just observing as the usher was bringing the mic to where I stood.

I fumbled, even my voice for the speaker echo, the way my voice sounded in the speaker, some people Burst laugh.

Where I want start from,

A young man like myself go come dey fool myself say I nor sabi pray.. thank jah for how it played out.

Ever since have been attending that church it's elders, deacons, evangelist he normally calls to give closing prayer... and I know he normally informs them down.

As for my pastor am thinking about having a chat with him, I really didn't like it.

if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should. Have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.

He probably saw you checking your watch and decided to teach you a lesson called public embarrassment. grin grin
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by HRMK: 5:23am On Dec 13, 2021
even though u av a good point.a dedicated christian should know how to pray and never to be caught unaware!u culd av asked them for the lord's prayer!lobatan!!!
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by ihedioramma: 6:03am On Dec 13, 2021
[quote author=KiNg0G post=108429176]I didn't know it was hard to pray, untill I was given microphone today unexpectedly.

Where I want start from,

A young man like myself go come dey fool myself say I nor sabi pray.. thank jah for how it played out. . This is example of the coming of JESUS no body know the time .
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by ollybasa: 6:06am On Dec 13, 2021
That's how jesus chriat will come bro, prepare all the time, God will bless you, next time you will pray better.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Kinghorland04(m): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2021
KiNg0G:
ok
Hmmm
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by ashawopikin(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Nicepoker:
Your Monika says it all.
I wasn't ready
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by perezeghi: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2021
KiNg0G:

Where I want start from,

Is prayer a sermon that you'll be pre-informed about.........or you want to give a prayer of what you've scrammed in your head.
I'll advice you get prepared to be called at any point in time. And you should consider such of high esteem to be called to give a closing prayer in an entire congregation of elders and other pastors in your church if that's the first time something of such nature is happening to a bench warmer.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by KiNg0G: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2021
perezeghi:

Is prayer a sermon that you'll be pre-informed about.........or you want to give a prayer of what you've scrammed in your head.
I'll advice you get prepared to be called at any point in time. And you should consider such of high esteem to be called to give a closing prayer in an entire congregation of elders and other pastors in your church if that's the first time something of such nature is happening to a bench warmer.

my friend sharap your mouth.

people like us our heart clean pass you
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Someone came to share good news here, a marriage anniversary. You told him nobody cares.

People will comment, you will troll them from here to Gwagwalada.

Now you're coming to share your own experience, and to probably get sympathisers? Why? Because you think your experience is valid and your subjective reality matters? You want people to comment and see reasons with you? No be attention you dey seek for too?

Insult me o. Slut-shame me for this comment. Na your way. I am waiting.
Sounds like guilty conscience grin
The King0 kuku ignored your bitter ass.
Some of you think y'all are sophisticated and sh*t...Lol...dreams.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by TMANO: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Exactly how Jesus our lord will come and you willl say you were not ready?
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by KiNg0G: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2021
TMANO:
Exactly how Jesus our lord will come and you willl say you were not ready?
make hu na shattap
you and the pastor can never be Jesus Christ to ask me how prepared am I.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by Estellie: 5:07pm On Dec 13, 2021
KiNg0G:

always you say.

but do you know they is difference between praying for yourself at home and praying for the full congregations in the church?

when I prayed to God, I used pidgin English, talk to him like he's my guy... which I know he understands.

but today I used the pidgin english, na laugh I got from the congregations... before I switched to english.. I had to use it....I don't like that.

I was not prepared, at that time thinking on how to drive home.. if I was going to branch a friend place or go home to eat first..or Branch a restaurant on my way driving.

so many thoughts.

and I was just called unexpectedly.

you don't see anything wrong in that?

Omo! You nag too much.
What’s the big deal in what happened? Why is this on nairaland sef?
Your type can’t let go of a small issh, too bad for you and people around you.
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by KiNg0G: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
Estellie:
Omo! You nag too much.
What’s the big deal in what happened? Why is this on nairaland sef?
Your type can’t let go of a small issh, too bad for you and people around you.
you so stupid, for not understanding that was a simple explanation of why I was upset in the first place..

Go ask your mother what's the difference between explanation and nagging.

because I believe she does that alot.

ewu
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by caesymore(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2021
devilmaycry:
U should be grateful to grace such among the congregation...
In righteousness "keyboard" ...this is how Jesus will come unexpectedly...how prepared re we?...

righteousness' DON DEY GET CONGREGATION

grin
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by DenreleDave(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2021
KiNg0G:

no I don't like it.
you can't just take me unaware like that.

if he wanted me to pray the closing prayer, he should have sent the usher with a piece of note to come inform me.

that would have been better.

not calling me unexpectedly.

Guy no kill ursef...... Dt person no be me..... U jsut dey disturb ursef... grin grin grin
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by KiNg0G: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2021
DenreleDave:

Guy no kill ursef...... Dt person no be me..... U jsut dey disturb ursef... grin grin grin

Lies

Why not quote me in the crypto thread.

Except you want to negotiate a deal
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by DenreleDave(m): 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2021
KiNg0G:

Lies

Why not quote me in the crypto thread.

Except you want to negotiate a deal

Deal with you? Tueh grin grin grin

U r too small to bully me on nairaland... E don tey na...... U small..

I don't negotiate with trolls grin
Re: My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience) by perezeghi: 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2021
KiNg0G:

my friend sharap your mouth.

people like us our heart clean pass you

Just like the pharisee thinking himself a better person than the tax collector.
If the cleanliness of your heart is not justified by Jesus Christ then it amounts to nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

22 Doctrinal Beliefs Of Deeper Life Church / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / The Pastor With The 'Magic' Jacket (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.