Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! (31809 Views)

My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by EyenNtokon: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2021
Nollywood don finish dz mister. Mr married man, stop watching 9ja films
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by masterpiecer(m): 9:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Mercychen:
This your story ehn.. e dey pain brain.

If I got you right, you want your wife to disconnect from her aunty?

Well, it will be very difficult because like you said, she was with her for 18yrs. That's a long time to form an unbreakable bond, that's why she can't detach her self easily from her.

I'll advise you relocate to a place they'll not be able to access your house easily. That's the only thing I think can put a stop to all these.

OP, if you want a final and lasting solution, follow this advice and when you do that, do not let them know about the relocation and the location, at best give flimsy excuses to cover up. Life is wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:

That is were the attack is strong becos, when i caution my wife she flares in anger and we could start a week long fight....
You caused all this for yourself bro.

Will you have died if you do not marry the lady? Marrying a wife from a family that will give one peace of mind is so important.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Bigchristo: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,
Pls help me with ur advice , i know u wont be shy to tell me if am wrong.

I got married to my dream wife, she lived with a relative for 18yrs who she also called mummy, she have a biological mother, who saw her through school (university level) though she was living with this Aunty.

Problem started when i came to marry her , the Aunty was hostile, she kept coming up with issue to paint me bad. I was repeatedly called to come and explain irrelevant provocative issues sure as why i travelled to inform my wife biological mother of my wedding plans. After the bride price payment and rites duly performed, She still made me perform an additional party which she called a traditional marriage outing party in her compound. All these i did for peace sake. No one including family members, husband children or even my wife ,dear opposes her to caution her ..In all these my wife kept on saying *she stayed with her for 18yrs.*
Worst of all u latter gathered from friends that this said Aunty was laying curses on us during the marriage, that the marriage will fail and my wife will return to her with tales of martial wows.
Then she warned me to stop calling her mummy. In all these my wife was always in tears through the honeymoon.
I ignored just becos i knew after the marriage things will change. This Aunty feed my wife with all forms of manipulative desires to set us up. and even requesting feedbacks from her in some case, words here are not enough to explain all.

To my surprise two yrs into the marriage this said Aunty and her children are still key important figures in my wife live, they have access to her and my home at will, somethings they plan visits when am at work.

Each of there visits leave us in weeks of quarrels . now its me my wife blames.

Friends what do i do now, my wife insists that because of 18yrs of living with them so i should let go and pretend nothing ever went wrong.
Pls advise me.
Well since you know she spent 18yrs of her life living with this people and she find it hard to disconnect with them, I will advise you relocate to a place where they can not easily access your home otherwise you have to take the action of banning any of their visits from your matrimonial home, if you do attend a church take your wife and you to counseling in regards to this otherwise such relationship your wife have with the woman can destroy your Marriage if she continues to listen to her
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Digmygold: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

I got married to my dream wife, she lived with a relative for 18yrs who she also called mummy, she have a biological mother, who saw her through school (university level) though she was living with this Aunty.

Problem started when i came to marry her , the Aunty was hostile, she kept coming up with issue to paint me bad. I was repeatedly called to come and explain irrelevant provocative issues sure as why i travelled to inform my wife biological mother of my wedding plans. After the bride price payment and rites duly performed, She still made me perform an additional party which she called a traditional marriage outing party in her compound. All these i did for peace sake. No one including family members, husband children or even my wife ,dear opposes her to caution her ..In all these my wife kept on saying *she stayed with her for 18yrs.*
Worst of all u latter gathered from friends that this said Aunty was laying curses on us during the marriage, that the marriage will fail and my wife will return to her with tales of martial wows.
Then she warned me to stop calling her mummy. In all these my wife was always in tears through the honeymoon.
I ignored just becos i knew after the marriage things will change. This Aunty feed my wife with all forms of manipulative desires to set us up. and even requesting feedbacks from her in some case, words here are not enough to explain all.

To my surprise two yrs into the marriage this said Aunty and her children are still key important figures in my wife live, they have access to her and my home at will, somethings they plan visits when am at work.

Friends what do i do now, my wife insists that because of 18yrs of living with them so i should let go and pretend nothing ever went wrong.
Pls advise me.

Bring your wife and Aunty. Let us hear their own side of the story too.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by charixel: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Mercychen:

Well, it will be very difficult because like you said, she was with her for 18yrs. That's a long time to form an unbreakable bond, that's why she can't detach her self easily from her.

I'll advise you relocate to a place they'll not be able to access your house easily. That's the only thing I think can put a stop to all these.

Gbam. Owuya

You nailed it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by proxillin(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2021
oga, you don marry your enemy. I dont see this arrangement working on the long term.

Just be prayerful. It seems your wife value them over you. You are the stranger...and that is your big problem..

its either you stay and suffer in silence..

or relocate to somewhere far

or lay the law and handle your wife like a true head of house will do. You know there is a difference between head of house and mummy and daddy.

Be the man of the house. Its either she conform or she leaves... marriage can be burial ground if you don't use your brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by money121(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
You saw Red flag Already and u still put ur Coconut head lipsrsealed undecided
Haabaa
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by obembet(f): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.

You are not a man enough.

It's your home, your wife, your family, your decision. Tell your wife what you want and stand on it. Let her choose btw her aunty and you.

But the truth here is that you are not the Aunty choice, aunty have another plan for her or maybe she has been collecting Money from someone else before you spoiled her plan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by bigcee(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2021
bummyla:
Welcome to my world! My wife said she would rather leave this fucking marriage, than curtail her association with her divorced aunty that brought her to Lagos, her evil elder sister that has refused to marry and her friends.

Every day new wahala!

Bros there is not much you can do, than to put your feet down like I did!

I dont want them in my house! I dont want them, If I come back and see they came, I call them and warn them. Thank God the boys and the men are by my side, I will call the boys and the men to warn them too.

Every place will be on fire for a while!

Finally she will ruin your marriage like they ruined mine, but dont worry, if she is your wife her eyes will open.

Madam, even this evening called, was bagging me, to come and take her back, to the house, but I no gree! Make she enjoy their company very very! She don stay one year with them now, my plan is that she will stay two years with them. I learnt tension is getting high over there! If they no fight, I no go come carry am. Period!

After while we are going to relocate very far from them
Oya take beer. Na goat meat pepper soup remain grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Obynolee(f): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2021
Mercychen:

What type of bond are you talking about?, is the wife too dumb to realise that the aunt didn't mean well for her?,even if they relocated to a far distance, the wife will still be communicating to her(someone who said that she will destroy your marriage?), the wife is to blame for being dumb,who takes her martial issues to a third party if not a child?.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by lagosrd: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2021
See marriage is not for children or people who have no guts.

Stand your ground and decide what happens in your home. Did you borrow the wife? Didn't you pay bride price. Call your mother in law to inform her of the development and tell elderly people in your own family too to help talk to them, else you will take a very funny irreversible decision.
Stop being a coward and stand up to your responsibility. You're the cause of the whole problem. Tell the aunt that you're not a kid anymore .

Lastly , in Yoruba land if you give someone a goat, you release the rope. You don't hold on to the rope and say you have given the person the goat. Meaning, you need freedom from the in-laws to run your home.

Let them know

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Akwaibomdude:
If you try moving away from them(the aunty)and your wife doesn't agree...tell her to go and marry them
simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by dingbang(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2021
Na ur wife be the problem. She should fvck off.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by obryns: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2021
My brother I see you are uncomfortable with the auntie and you feel your wife is subservient to them,my advise is simple allow a level of relationship btw ur wife and her auntie,u can't tell her to stop relating with people she sees as family but stand ur ground if you confirm she is being manipulated by the auntie,for now all I see is a man who is uncomfortable with her auntie would u also be this understanding when ur wife feels uncomfortable with your own family
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Veervee: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2021
1. Hand over the matter to God.

2. Take charge as a man.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Fatallet: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2021
I will only suggest you get rid of that your inlaw from coming your home because she is nothing but an intruder.Seriously,I can't just figure out why she has to do that even after the lady has spent years staying with hers.

Bad people everywhere,I also insist you pray over it because nothing prayer can't solve this is because I felt she is devil instrument against your union.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by izubext007: 9:35am On Dec 13, 2021
That's while I encourage people to always go to any living Faith church for marriage counseling, it works like magic.
The warning was clear, but due to the saying "u don't know what u have untill u lose it's that made u to continue.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by BLoomfrancs(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2021
Which kind stupid write up be this?
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by clems88(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Your wife is the issue here. She has to detach her self and know that she's married now
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Buksaylor: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.

You be idiot...to submit to the idiot!
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Solidkay(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2021
@OP,
You didn't tell us the kind of man you are,
But I can deduce that you're one of those people that believe things would change for the better after marriage,
How wrong are you.
It's obvious they never liked you and they didn't hide it from you either.
You went into it damning the consequences.
You need to face your music and learn the hard way.
God help you.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
The truth is that you only can solve your problem. No one can advise well here cos you will pass the blame on the person.

You need to realise it that you are weak. And it is dangerous to advise a weak fellow cos you will pass blame on the person later.

I can only open you brain. Do you see yourself enduring this? If you can be a ghost husband, then, why not? If you can be the number 3 of your house while the aunty is number 1, and your wife is made number 2, why not?

But if you see that you want to be in charge, then, divorce is an option here. Someone like her aunty will never let her go unless the girl herself decides to say NO to her and even to the extent of cutting her off finally. She may even be using juju in her.

Does it really worth it carrying the load of another person who is not willing to help herself ?

If I were you, I would just find a way to relocate abroad. Or disconnect her from her aunty even I have to be her temporary enemy. And if not possible, I would just leave the leave girl alone. Na the family know how they allowed a woman to be the one controlling them. I would never allow myself trapped in such bondage, not for the sake of marriage. If she is ready to leave that bondage, fine. If not, i would move on with my life.

I'm not saying you should follow my advice here. I have just told you the obvious. I pray you arent exhausted and eventually be saying yes ma to your wife and to all the daughters of her aunty at the end of the day. I pray you dont eventually go and start submitting your salary on her table while she even knocks your head. I pray it is not you who will buy her Range Rover while you walk about jumping from one keke to okada.

May sense fall on you at the right time before it's too late.

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by CSTRR: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2021
It's very bad when you marry a wife that has no common sense.

Common sense is very important.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Baawaa(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:

Thanks my brother u nailed me.
I saw all the red flags...yes.
During the dating/marriage plans all i hear is My Aunty , My Aunty ... My Aunty... I then told her after this marriage i will be First not last!!

Worst of all ...during the pre marriage she will hastening leave my house fearing what the Aunty elder daughter will say when she get home. A classical Cinderella story.

I honestly thought it will end when we get married.

What u cant handle during courtship u cant handle in marriage.
My brother, I really feel what you are going through,you need divine wisdom to tackle this.As a matter of fact is not that they love your wife they just want to mislead her, and justify themselves that they told her not to marry you.The main problem is your wife,works on her,always makes her happy let her see the reasons she should be independent.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Dreytonisback(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2021
OP listen carefully

She's been with her for 18yrs that's no joke
Which means your wife can't change nothing

Firstly ask yourself this question, how much does your wife love you ?
Between you and her aunty who would she choose when it's time to make choices ?

Here's the solution to this issue on ground
Man up in a smart and intelligent way , don't insult no one or disrespect anyone .

1. Tell your wife you don't ever wanna see or hear anything about that Aunty in your house again

2. She mustn't let them into your house without your awareness else she'll pack her load to meet them

3. Seems no one can dare question the aunty's act then you need a woman who's crazy in a right way to speak some sense into her head
Let the woman tell her a simple word which is :

"Madam no be you them marry
no be you born the girl wey Dem marry
Let the girl enjoy her married life in peace and stop being a nuisance , it's that simple.

and when the aunty calls you just block her number and ensure you avoid her by all means before she'll tie your wife's womb embarassed

I hate authoritative beings

Lights up my kpoli in peace.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by nnamdiosu(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Just to add that initially there was nothing i did not do humanly possible to please these people name it. All to no avail.

Trust me, even if you behead yourself, you can never ever please them.
The issue isn't even with them o. Trust me, it's with your wife. Let me explain.

People on this forum are asking you to relocate right? Actually that's the quickest and best solution, at least for now. But what if your wife disagrees to relocate, because she doesn't want this aunty to be angry?
Or what if you tell your wife to keep it confidential but she still goes ahead to them the aunty? As long as your wife is telling you to bear because she stayed with her for 18 years, the issue is even deeper than you know

I suspect this your aunty to be diabolical.
I can't say much on this, but your first.need.to.present it to God.

Then start gently detachment from this woman with your wife.
But as long as your wife is with you, the issue is solved 90 percent.
What's your wife stance on this, or on relocating?
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by jimmychang: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2021
akinade28:
Op, I want you to "put yourself in your wife's shoes". You need to understand that women are often emotionally attached to their family members especially those that raised them, it is usually difficult to break the bond suddenly because of marriage. Everyone has that evil crazy extended family member, but we don't throw them away just because they are bad, we just establish caution when relating with them, blood is thicker than water. She has known this woman all her life and see the aunt as her second mother, forcing her to break all ties will put her in a very difficult position ( that's how you get a bitter wife). She might hold it against you in the future especially when relating to your own family members. However, you can relocate to a different place where it will be difficult them to have free access to your house. Then, you can tell her to reduce communication with them to the barest minimum.
To nairalanders with their baised and one sided advice. Assuming it was a woman that came to seek advice on the case of her husband's evil aunt who practically raised him for 18 years, but didn't like her nor wanted him to marry her, so she laid curses on her during the wedding ceremony but she and her children still comes to the house at will after the wedding. The advice will be completely different. You will hear things like " forgive her, she is like a mother to your husband", " no wife should separate a man from his relatives irrespective of what they have done", " you have to learn to accommodate your husband's relatives" etc.
Most of you guys can't take half of what you dish out.
Just because we are women doesn't mean no one ever sacrificed for us, you usually forget that someone raised your wives, they paid the price and invested so much in them to that level that you got married to them. If they had not sacrifice for them, you won't have gotten that beautiful woman you call your wife today.

You mad sense at first but you later spoil am when you turn am to gender war embarassed
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by MartinsD12(m): 9:39am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
Well that her aunty seem to be an intruder in your marriage I advise you to kinda of relocate to somewhere not close to her reach and your wife doesn't understand marriage at all , I think you made a mistake by marrying her you shouldn't have knowing fully well the aunty is manipulating even the way the traditional marriage should go
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by chumaster(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
1. Move your family far away from them (the aunty and her children) so they will no longer have access to you or to visit you.

OR

2. Be a man and take control of your home and family. They see you as a mumu they can treat anyhow but you can put a stop to all that.
What if that will affect his means livelihood? undecided
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Okhuadams(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
Recycled story the last time this story was posted it was 15yrs now u posted 18yrs after una go say Lia Mohammed ba lie lie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done To Collect Money From Your Parents? / Autistic Child: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.