Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career (20958 Views)

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Augustine Eguavoen Did A Fine Job As Super Eagles Coach (Unpopular Opinion) / Twitter Verifies Augustine Eguavoen's Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Ogbodavies(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2021
i miss d playing style of siasia
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by SonofLothbrok: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Lol grin

Rohr had qualified us to every major tournament without heart break.

I can bet my two balls that Augustine Eguavoen will not qualify us for world Cup.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by AKWATGOLD1(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2021
I think NFF never meant well for Super Eagle of Nigeria by appointing Austin Eguavoen as Coach of the team because from the profile listed is either he lost a match (es) and resigned. From his profile is a coach of second and third place and the only medal he has in his career as a coach is Federation Cup medal.

onlyonechid84:
HIS CAREER:

During his varied career Eguavoen began his career with ACB Lagos in his native Nigeria, some impressive performances gained him a move to Gent in 1986. He went on to play for K.V. Kortrijk, CD Ourense, Sacramento Scorpions, Torpedo Moscow and finished his career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers.

Sliema Wanderers:

Eguavoen began his coaching career in Malta with Sliema Wanderers, he was given the job for the 2000–01 season, and guided the club to a second-place finish.

Eguavoen was appointed the caretaker coach of the Nigeria national team in June 2005 with his coaching staff including Samson Siasia, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorunmu.

Black Leopards:

Eguavoen then moved to South Africa, to take over Premier Soccer League side Black Leopards in March 2008.

Enyimba International:

In the 2008–09 season, Eguavoen was head coach at Enyimba International in Aba, however he left soon after, leading them to a 3rd-place finish in league and winning the Federation Cup.

His Return to Nigeria

In June 2010, the Nigeria Football Federation asked Eguavoen to replace Swedish Lars Lagerbäck until he decide his future plans. He was brought in as caretaker manager but said that he has no intention of submitting an application to take the role on a permanent basis. Eguavoen was also appointed as the head coach of the Nigeria national under-23 football team in August 2010. He expected his team would have a qualification for the 2012 London Olympic Games, but they were knocked out in the group stage. On 5 December 2011, he resigned from his job following the failure to secure the Olympics ticket.

On 27 October 2012, he was named manager of Sharks F.C. to allow John Obuh to concentrate on the Nigeria Under-20 team. He resigned however after seven games when the team started at the bottom of the table. He signed in April 2013 to coach Nigeria National League side COD United. In November 2013 he was hired by the Edo State government to coach Bendel Insurance with the intent of getting them back to the Premier League.He resigned in July 2014 to take over Gombe United F.C. In April 2017, he joined Sunshine Stars F.C.[4] but was let go in June after a home loss to league leaders Plateau United

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Femeto: 9:04am On Dec 13, 2021
Otu manager. NFF no get sense. Sacking Rohr without a better manager is a waste. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't make the world cup. Go back in history. All managers that start the world cup qualifiers don't go to the world cup with Nigeria if Nigeria qualifies.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by MALAGI6210: 9:08am On Dec 13, 2021
Segun Odegbami should please assist this guy if not hhmm
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by warlordd(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2021
Eguavoen was also the coach of our under-17 world cup team to Finland in 2003. Mikel was in that team that got knocked out in the quarter finals due to hard luck. However, Siasia led the same team to win silver medals at under-20 world cup in Holland in 2005 and 2008 Olympics in China.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by brain54(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Would have preferred amunike or siasia.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by egoldman(m): 9:32am On Dec 13, 2021
e be like say the dey always resign before they even think of sacking him grin
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by aorta(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2021
hisexcellency34:
We don't need any useless foreign coach again. Eguavoen understand Eagles very well
Did you go through his profile?

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Caboceer: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2021
What a dismal career

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by TheOmoney(m): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2021
IF SUPER EAGLES LOSE 1 DRAW 1 FOR GROUP STAGE.....THIS ONE BO GO RESIGN?
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by babapressy(m): 10:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Please can someone tell me why people like Okocha and Kanu are not part of our national team coaching crew? I'm a novice in technical football
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by snoopz: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2021
His resume doesn't look too good...
Resigning resigning resigning
But we have to start at a point

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2021
Imagine sacking a former coach of Bordeaux and replacing him with Eguaveon? Nigerians will soon be alright!

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2021
teejaymoremoney:
I prefer oliseh...that man won't allow nff interfere with his selections.....I won't forget wat he did for foturn sittard.....na correct coach e be
Why will he allow them. You know maybe he ask some players to pay some amount before he allows them to play.
A coach that will make selections which will put us in 70th position in fifa ranking is not a good coach. If that is your definition of good then I reject it.
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by deji17: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Why not appoint Amunike instead? This NFF sef...
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Amodi470(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Exactly
athaboi:
Abeg he should shift with his profile...hope they have plans of appointing a quality substantive head coach because I don't know what Eguavon did during his time as head coach that will warrant his return
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by richmanrichard: 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
b
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by richmanrichard: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
richmanrichard:
bad decision.nigeria wud not even make semi final of this coming afcon.4 d records;rohr remains d best nigerian coach ever via win percentage.he has qualified nigeria effortlessly 4 all d tournament we entered under him. austin e has no tactis.una go watch super eagles tire under him
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by ericmor: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
Abeg he should shift with his profile...hope they have plans of appointing a quality substantive head coach because I don't know what Eguavon did during his time as head coach that will warrant his return

Profile full of failure. Nigeria leaders always thinking backward

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by ericmor: 12:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
snoopz:
His resume doesn't look too good...
Resigning resigning resigning
But we have to start at a point

He no sabi that na y

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by ericmor: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
SonofLothbrok:
Lol grin

Rohr had qualified us to every major tournament without heart break.

I can bet my two balls that Augustine Eguavoen will not qualify us for world Cup.

And that is just playing a country in an home and away game o

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by space9880: 1:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Dey for just leave Rohr o
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Blackman101: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
In summery, the man has never coached any club or National team up till 4 years and never won anything. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by onlyonechid84(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
I'm really surprise with Nff choice too

1 Like

Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Why will he allow them. You know maybe he ask some players to pay some amount before he allows them to play.
A coach that will make selections which will put us in 70th position in fifa ranking is not a good coach. If that is your definition of good then I reject it.

Funny,,,so Amuneke no go collect bribe abi,sit down there
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by aswani(m): 5:54am On Dec 14, 2021
onlyonechid84:
HIS CAREER:

During his varied career Eguavoen began his career with ACB Lagos in his native Nigeria.

This is a complete nonsense, Eguavoen played for NNPC Warri and Bendel Insurance in the Nigerian League before moving to ACB.
Re: Augustine Eguavoen's Profile & Career by crisubanijunior(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2021
I swear, exactly my thoughts when I was reading through those CVs…just wondering why we always find ourselves in these kinds of mess.

Don’t fret bro, this appointment is the necessary 3 STEPS BACKWARDS we always take in Nigeria after a giant step forward. Things need to be kept stagnant by the powers that be. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi / Tuchel Reveals Plan For Werner After Lukaku’s Arrival / Nkunku Has Moved To Chelsea From RB Leipzig On A 6-year Deal With €60m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.