Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? (12893 Views)

Which Job Offer Should He Accepts. / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Which Offer Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Trulydude(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello House,
Please I have a dicey situations here, can you give your input.
After concluding my youth service at Firm ABC in Lagos, the company wanted to retain me with a gross salary of 100k, but I don't want the job, I am an engineering graduate with average skills and so much potentials. I hate the job just because of it's description, it is base on trial and error and sometimes a lot of energy and effort is used to deliver some services, Moreover, the job is frustrating and tiring and also I don't think I see any likelihood of carrier growth from that job; because as an engineer you are to work under the supervision of a registered engineer before you get COREN certification.

Then, company CDE gave me another offer for 70k Gross, and the company is Telecoms company and I see a lot of potential with this new company, though the pay is something else.

So, please I need some experts views, comments and recommendations; which one should I go for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by AJOBI77(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2021
Any job that will not encourage growth is a No No.

Hope the Telco job is not a Contract job?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Trulydude(m): 8:17am On Jan 02, 2022
AJOBI77:
Any job that will not encourage growth is a No No.

Hope the Telco job is not a Contract job?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate.
Yes it isn't a contract job

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by aylive02(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2022
It's obvious you will not even be productive with the 100k since you've hated it from the start.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Amspecial: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
grin
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by DenreleDave(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
grin grin
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Going through your write up, I deduced that you have already made your choice, you just want Nairalanders to verify your decision.

Well, I will say go with what your gut tells you

I think we Nigerians are way too skeptical about jobs, see ba once you are qualified, you will see and get more opportunities just believe in yourself bro

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by helinues: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Then, company CDE gave me another offer for 70k Gross, and the company is Telecoms company and I see a lot of potential with this new company

@ bolded should be one of the reasons to take the 70k job

Your field of career which would give another opportunity to learn more

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Oga leave all these career growth nonsense and take the higher paying job.

You use it as a stepping stone to apply for better jobs in 6-9 months time. Employers are not really expecting much specialization from you as a graduate hire (less than 3 years work experience). All they need is to know that you can think and have an idea of how a corporate setting works.

If you take the 70k job, you may find yourself always struggling to meet up with your personal needs and this will have an adverse effect on your output in that telecoms job. You will not even be able to free your head and achieve the things you want to do in the job, let alone your personal life.

Take the 100k job, stay for about 6-9 months and apply for new ones. You will get.

Career path thingy is for when you have done 2-3 years of corporate work. Then you can go for Masters and start aligning your career the way you want.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by christejames(m): 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Go for the later...
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by paymentvoucher: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Growth is important in the life of human beings.

Go for growth, Glo with pride wink
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Trumann: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Go for the telecoms job, it's a no-brainer.
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by wunmi590(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2022

Work in your field, e get why
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by valves: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
"because as an engineer you are to work under the supervision of a registered engineer before you get COREN certification."

First, I hope the above is not a major criteria in your decision making process, cos it is not necessarily true.

To get your COREN, you need to have worked for minimum of 4years in your profession, with or without the supervision of a registered Engineer. I already have my COREN and I was never supervised by a registered engineer.

Second, IMO, since you are a fresh graduate money shouldn't be a major factor when deciding between the two jobs (besides the salary difference isn't very much). I will advice you to think longterm. I for one have a positive bias toward IT skills that are in vogue.

Again, since you already know the job description of the first company (willing to offer 100k gross) and you also know the organizational culture as well, why not Find out the job descriptions of the IT firm and their culture, and then decide which is best for you.

Finally, how transferable are the skills you'd acquire from both jobs? Which do you think puts you in a better position for a higher/better opportunity in the future when you want to move to another company?

In summary: Think long term. Don't base your decision of current salary alone.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Trumann: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

Stop typing like a petty trader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by parzdor(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ww
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by nanauju(f): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Go to where you wil be happy with your growth
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by lukhas(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
[color=#770077][/color]
Go for the 70k own bro
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Dozie32(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
If you have the money, go and open your own business, No civil servant makes it in life. Imgaine u till now I still dey work for person .because say I been civil servant . money i no get, peace of mind zero. Am even owning the landlord .

7 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Omniman(m): 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
cool
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by ScrapCarMarketN: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Here to learn from elders
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by nurain150(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Trulydude:
Hello House,
Please I have a dicey situations here, can you give your input.
After concluding my youth service at Firm ABC in Lagos, the company wanted to retain me with a gross salary of 100k, but I don't want the job, I am an engineering graduate with average skills and so much potentials. I hate the job just because of it's description, it is base on trial and error and sometimes a lot of energy and effort is used to deliver some services, Moreover, the job is frustrating and tiring and also I don't think I see any likelihood of carrier growth from that job; because as an engineer you are to work under the supervision of a registered engineer before you get COREN certification.

Then, company CDE gave me another offer for 70k Gross, and the company is Telecoms company and I see a lot of potential with this new company, though the pay is something else.

So, please I need some experts views, comments and recommendations; which one should I go for?

Please go for the company where there is career development.

Pharmacy is broad most Lecturers have advised us to pick a career now and not be the lost dog.
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by lukhas(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Mad ooh grin grin
Trumann:

Stop typing like a petty trader.
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by fasho01(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
I hope this guides you to make a better choice

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by emsco(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
Go to where you will be happy
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Reality3080: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
leave d guy,it seems he has a strong financial backup so he doesn't know d kinda opportunity n how people can do anything to have it.

He's still having d el dorado mindset

6 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Egein(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Dozie32:
If you have the money, go and open your own business, No civil servant makes it in life. Imgaine u till now I still dey work for person .because say I been civil servant . money i no get, peace of mind zero. Am even owning the landlord .

You sound like an unhinged illiterate. Where in his post did he mention civil service?

6 Likes

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
After analyzing this yourself, you still need an expert view
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Chachamiliano: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hello check the following criteria before making your decision.

Culture
Names and influence
Location and nearness to your place
Days of work (do they work on weekends)
Traveling time if any?
Quality of people in the environment.
Most importantly check the number and type of cars parked or used by staff of the company. That will tell you if there is prospect or not

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Tos87(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Leave ABC Group of company and go for CDE Group of company.
You get it? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by ibscrib: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Experience and growth are key at this stage of your career not the money
Re: Which Of This Job Offer Should I Go For? by Mophor: 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
All Mallam with em kettle!!!

Like say we go follow u face the stress,enjoyment or threat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno Lead, Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia, Trail / Who Else Got This? Zen Rise / Uber and Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) partner to provide Access to

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.