Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These (288 Views)

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2021
Luke.14.33 - So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake ALL that he has cannot be My disciple.

Matt.16.24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Matt.16.25 - For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Matt.16.26 - For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Seek Jesus and obey Him, not trying to please, support or enrich stinkingly Rich churches and pastors. Give to the poor and needy instead: wisely, though.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2021
First, forget about Tithing which is old covenant. Seek the reality of the New covenant which is:

Luke.14.33 - So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake ALL that he has cannot be My disciple.

DON'T LET ANY SMALL OR GREAT PASTOR FOOL YOU ANYMORE WITH THE BOOK OF MALACHI AND THE LAW.

Seek Jesus and obey Him, not trying to enrich Rich churches and pastors. Please, Give to the poor and needy instead.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by Hundredfold4lif(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2021
Tithing! Tithing!! Tithing!!!
Why are unbelieving humans fight the Church so much?
You don't go to Church services. You don't give offering.
You don't pay/give tithe.
And you complain!
Somebody goes to Church.
Somebody gives Offering.
Somebody gives tithe.
And you are complaining!!!!!
Judas Iscariot complained like you!
But Jesus told him that he will always have the poor amongst complainants.
So, give to the poor. Don't pay tithe. Go and pay/give to the poor in your community. Coming here to bash on pastors and Churches over tithing is being a Devil's Advocate!
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by petra1(m): 5:36am On Dec 15, 2021
anu3:

Seek Jesus and obey Him, not trying to please, support or enrich stinkingly Rich churches and pastors. Give to the poor and needy instead: wisely, though.

May Jesus bless you.

Pastors preaches the whole counsel of God: Evangelism, living God, forgiveness, Righteousness, Holiness, Holy spirit, Walking in love, Faith , prosperity etc.

So what is your problem? is it only tithes they preach in your church? if it's so it can only be because people like you are there who are tithe eaters. so he has to keep preaching it till you change
What is your Problem with tithing
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
petra1:

Pastors preaches the whole counsel of God: Evangelism, living God, forgiveness, Righteousness, Holiness, Holy spirit, Walking in love, Faith , prosperity etc.

So what is your problem? is it only tithes they preach in your church? if it's so it can only be because people like you are there who are tithe eaters. so he has to keep preaching it till you change
What is your Problem with tithing

Hello bro... Not sure if the message is for you; you might as well ignore it, and leave it for those who need it.

Anyway, my concern is about majoring on not just minors but even obsolete things and traditions of men; fooling people with a form of godliness for profit.

Tithing is old covenant: Total Surrender to Jesus and Cheerful Giving is New covenant

I wish we can have many doing and preaching the Cross and total obedience to Jesus as recorded in the new testament (new covenant life), instead of Tithing (old covenant) and observing human traditions.

All right...

Take care.
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 10:02am On Dec 15, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:

Tithing! Tithing!! Tithing!!!
Why are unbelieving humans fight the Church so much?
You don't go to Church services. You don't give offering.
You don't pay/give tithe.
And you complain!
Somebody goes to Church.
Somebody gives Offering.
Somebody gives tithe.
And you are complaining!!!!!
Judas Iscariot complained like you!
But Jesus told him that he will always have the poor amongst complainants.
So, give to the poor. Don't pay tithe. Go and pay/give to the poor in your community. Coming here to bash on pastors and Churches over tithing is being a Devil's Advocate!

Friend, you know how Jesus exposed the Pharisees, Sadducees and Money changers in the temple? He was working for the devil right?

Please, see my reply to someone above; I need to write such to you too.

Think of this:

2Tim.4.2 - Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

2Tim.4.3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

2Tim.4.4 - and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Take care.
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by petra1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
[sub][/sub]
anu3:

Hello bro... Not sure if the message is for you; you might as well ignore it, and leave it for those who need it.

If you Post things about God's kingdom it should be my concern . especially if its a false report like this one.

Anyway, my concern is about majoring on not just minors but even obsolete things and traditions of men; fooling people with a form of godliness for profit.

it's wrong for a christian to be rubbishing God's kingdom as you did . are you winning souks to the kingdom by your post or discouraging lives. "Judge ye"

Tithing is old covenant: Total Surrender to Jesus and Cheerful Giving is New covenant

Thats your personal opinion. Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . Tithing existed before the law. the law was fir the Jews but Tithing came before the Jewish nation and religion . it came through our father Abraham

I wish we can have many doing and preaching the Cross and total obedience to Jesus as recorded in the new testament (new covenant life), instead of Tithing (old covenant) and observing human traditions.

everyone should focus on their calling and not criticise one another. The evangelist who sees heaven only should not criticise the deliverance minusters who sees demons everywhere. Or The intercessory minister or heaning minster or prophecies minister
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=petra1 post=108518775][sub][/sub]

Thats your personal opinion. Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . Tithing existed before the law. the law was fir the Jews but Tithing came before the Jewish nation and religion . it came through our father Abraham

No, it's not my opinion. I focus on the new testament; and when I do read the old testament, I use the spirit of the new testament to understand so as not fall from grace through Jesus.

Only in Matt. 23:23, Jesus mentioned Tithing in a despising way to the Pharisees; but to his Disciples he taught Cheerful Giving............ Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:7 (Paul)

2Cor.9.7 - Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Whether tithing or not is not the main thing. The Real thing is Obeying Jesus, taking up the Cross and Following Him. That's the main purpose of the message. I am not here to debate on tithing... Everyone should have their convictions. But for me it's NO, of course. Cos Jesus and the apostles didn't teach it.

They taught the Cross... And Total Repentance and Surrender to Jesus: dying to Self and the World. Luke 14:25... Philippians chapters 2 and 3.

I mentioned the example of Jesus exposing false christainity/religion, but you've refused to think a little about it.

And have I mentioned your church's name or any at all? If you follow Jesus, you need not be troubled with my message, friend. Jesus and the apostles taught Cheerful and secret giving; hence, Tithing is not compulsory.

All right...

Goodbye.
Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by petra1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2021
anu3:

No, it's not my opinion. I focus on the new testament; and when I do read the old testament, I use the spirit of the new testament to understand so as not fall from grace through Jesus.

The new testament never condemn tithing. its a principle laid through Abraham the Father of faith. If you give offerings you ought to give tithes too. God says you Rob me in offering and tithe. offerings was in old testament as well. you cant chose one above the other

Only in Matt. 23:23, Jesus mentioned Tithing in a despising way to the Pharisees
if he had anything against tithe he would have said it. but rather He endorsed tithing In that passage.

Matthew 23:23 TLB
“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

but to his Disciples he taught Cheerful Giving............ Luke 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:7 (Paul)

Cheerful and willing Giving has always been Part of God's kingdom. its not a new testament thing . same goes with freewill Giving. There are about 7 kinds of givings in the bible. we must do all.

2Cor.9.7 - Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Exodus 25:2
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.

1 Chronicles 29:14 (KJV)
14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee

Whether tithing or not is not the main thing. The Real thing is Obeying Jesus, taking up the Cross and Following Him. That's the main purpose of the message. I am not here to debate on tithing... Everyone should have their convictions. But for me it's NO, of course. Cos Jesus and the apostles didn't teach it

fine

They taught the Cross... And Total Repentance and Surrender to Jesus: dying to Self and the World.

nice

Tithing is not compulsory.

Offering is not compulsory neither is salvation compulsory. but they are necessarily. God never condemn tithing or ever put an end to it.

1 Like

Re: Most Pastors Would Rather Preach Tithing a Million Times Over Instead of These by anu3: 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2021
[quote author=petra1 post=108520783]

Okay... Now you know my convictions from scriptures, especially the new testament, and I've heard yours. However, we don't agree on some things; all right.

Let me summarize before I close. The purpose of the writing is not to debate on tithing but to expose the false Christainity that majors on Tithing (Money/Mammon) more than what Jesus himself and the apostles emphasized majorly: the Cross and Total obedience to Jesus. That's it.

If I was a Pharisee (under the Law), I would tithe according to Matt.23:23, of course. But as a disciple of Jesus (under grace and truth, John 1:14,17), I give cheerfully, not just 10% but 100% of my whole life first (Luke 14:33), and possibly things in general, wisely: it could be 2%, 10%, 50%, 95%, just any percent, but must be cheerfully not by force or law.

That's how I understand the new covenant.

All right... Thanks for your time.

Take care.

(1) (Reply)

The Wages Of Sin Is Not Death / God Has A Mother! / Lady Shares Screenshot Of Message She Got From A Struggling Pastor She Gifted My

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.