Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? (402 Views)

Masters In Medical Biochemistry Or Masters In Public Health. / Biochemistry Or Medicine! / Can One Attain Another Degree In Arts Even After Having A B.sc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? by Profyoungmeta(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2021
Please I would like to have your advise and please do not mind the English used, apology to my use of English.
Am in a serious dilemma, am a kind of person who had a real zeal for medicine from day 1 but was given Biochemistry to study in higher institution. And now am a graduate going for my master degree in Biochemistry in other to meet my Academic pursuit (As a Lecturer) and at the same time want to apply for another degree in Pharmacy. My question for the nairalanders based on their experience, please which one should I go for with the situation in Country right now?
Re: Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? by advanceDNA: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
You said you love medicine...
But Village people land you for biochem...now u don grad..So go for direct entry and enter medicine u love naaa

Still, I understand the biochem thing, studying for 4 years would have made u get used to it a bit..so dumping it may feel like a waste...
If you are looking at continuity, perhaps you then a masters and PhD in biochem is not a bad idea if you want to become a lecturer...

But Wetin I no understand na how pharmacy enter this matter??
Re: Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? by Profyoungmeta(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Thanks advance DNA, anyways I chose Unilorin for medicine in which have done the post utme examination but I didn't meet up with Medicine cut off. But their is a chance of getting pharmacy. That is where am confused. Should I accept pharmacy or go for my masters in Biochemistry.
Which one weigh in terms of employment and salary structure in Nigeria between pharmacy and Biochemistry (Lecturer to be precised)
Re: Which Should I Go For? Masters In Biochemistry Or Another Degree In Pharmacy? by advanceDNA: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Profyoungmeta:
Thanks advance DNA, anyways I chose Unilorin for medicine in which have done the post utme examination but I didn't meet up with Medicine cut off. But their is a chance of getting pharmacy. That is where am confused. Should I accept pharmacy or go for my masters in Biochemistry.
Which one weigh in terms of employment and salary structure in Nigeria between pharmacy and Biochemistry (Lecturer to be precised)

I would say don’t give up on medicine...
But if you have and you choice is now between Pharamacy and biochemistry..i’d Say pharmacy is a better option..

(1) (Reply)

How To Understand The Fees Structure Of Play Schools? / Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We / Any Maths Lover In The House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.