Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We (407 Views)

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by spiritualmubi: 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2022
Hello Nairalanders.
Good day and happy New year
I really need your advice on this issue of mine.
I'm studying botany in a federal university, though applied for medicine. I went ahead for the botany due to the advice of friends and family which I regret following till today. Am suppose to be in 400 level but due to an illness, strike and the covid19 lockdown I've to add an extra year which means I have two or more years to graduate.
Now here is the problem: I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 18 after having hallucinations, and strange actions then. I have suffered mentally during any relapse of the illness. Due to that I presently suffer from severe brain cloudedness which makes it hard for me to assimilate when studying, as a result of that, it has affected my grades negatively and brought me carryovers.
My school is resuming on 10th and am really thinking of something.
Note: Am 25 and still financially dependent on my parents.
I always call home for money which I detest.
So I have been thinking recently if I should just quit this botany programme, strive for enough mental, pschological and financial well being,(affiliate marketing to be precise(for the financial aspect), ) before going back to school and start afresh, this time around more sound psychologically and financially, God's willing and also for a medical course.
So please fellow Nairalanders what is your view and advice on this issue of mine
Thanks and stay blessed.
Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by yuping(m): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2022
I pray you heal fast.
Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by osato45: 11:40pm On Jan 01, 2022
Just finish your programme, you have 2 years left, dropping out now is not something you should consider, thank God your parents still pay your fees and provide an allowance for your schooling as well.

Have this discussion with your parents as well, so they understand your position, they can help psychologically and other ways which may feel appropriate

1 Like

Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by Yusfunoble(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2022
"The Choice Is An Illusion. You Already Know What You Have To Do."

Go for it bro, I wish you all the best.
Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by spiritualmubi: 9:42am On Jan 02, 2022
yuping:
I pray you heal fast.
Amen. Thanks
Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by spiritualmubi: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2022
osato45:
Just finish your programme, you have 2 years left, dropping out now is not something you should consider, thank God your parents still pay your fees and provide an allowance for your schooling as well.

Have this discussion with your parents as well, so they understand your position, they can help psychologically and other ways which may feel appropriate
Thanks sir
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by spiritualmubi: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2022
Yusfunoble:
"The Choice Is An Illusion. You Already Know What You Have To Do."

Go for it bro, I wish you all the best.
Bro I don't really get, what should I go for?
Re: Should I Suspend My Botany Programme? Please Advice A Brother In Dilemma. We by xcelpro: 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
spiritualmubi:
Bro I don't really get, what should I go for?
Complete your Botany program. You can also combine affiliate marketing alongside your program.

(1) (Reply)

Offline Result Computation System For Primary And Secondary Schools / A-Z Of The UK Student Visa / The Most Valuable Udemy And Coursera Courses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.