Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why (58917 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Kzais(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
My first time comment on nairaland since 2015
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by tchaik(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Chimananda banyi grin cool

Ngozi be anyi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by femi4: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Unicorndick:
So are we supposed to mast.urbate with the pictures now? undecided
You're unintelligent. There is a hidden message behind those pix if only you...
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by WoundedLamb: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
They wanted a certain version of her they had in their minds, the booky Ngozi Adiche. Lol.

1 Like

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by RodgersAkpafu: 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
Unicorndick:
You and those of you who liked this post have problems
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by WoundedLamb: 7:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
itsme01:
cool

This lady and everytime drama.. she feeds off the attention.. similar to Igbos

Magazine publishers had a theme for the front page which was communicated to her, she could have gone with the initial idea

The lady has more attention than she'd need in a lifetime. You seem so sure about the communications between her and the organization. Why not share the theme that this picture violates, let's see? Except they were hoping to see an African lady with braided hair and broken lips, I believe this is a decent picture of a black woman. If it were about themes, they'd have pointed that out and not term it too glamorous.

2 Likes

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Kzais(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
My first time to comment on nairaland since 2015

1 Like

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by mrkings84(m): 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
TMSMedia:
Popular Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has shared lovely photos of herself on Instagram, IgbereTV reports.

According to the mother of one, the photos were from a cover shoot for an international magazine but the publication rejected them because they didn't want her to look too glamourous.

She wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXdbJsOrOeM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have listened to this woman's motivational talks many a times,.
All I can say is that she is good!!
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Kzais(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
CHELSEA FAN!!!
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by faithfull18(f): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Sweet, the hair especially.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by icedbreez(m): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
They wanted to see pictures of an African woman with leaves in her head.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by vickydevoka(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
athaboi:
They might mean too edited and filtered not really glamorous! It's just too bad people edit so much that it end up not looking like their original self
Exactly. De want to see de melanin popping. Oyibo man want black n not brown. That's y u see Dem marrying Kenya, sudan n Ghana gals over 9ja gals that love bleaching.

Dora's daughter n de husband n many of dem. N Dem no de like nyash or fat women

1 Like

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by meobizy(f): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2021
Either she is lying (which I believe) or she is lying (which I also believe). Somebody who calls out people and governments on the regular is afraid to name a publication all of a sudden? Ha. She should post nudes next time, I don tire for her face.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Pumpumking: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
meobizy:
Either she is lying (which I believe) or she is lying (which I also believe). Somebody who calls out people and governments on the regular is afraid to name a publication all of a sudden? Ha. She should post nudes next time, I don tire for her face.

you again. abusin inosent litrature people on litrature. wots wrong wit u actin like a ilitarate ? anyways i forgive u becuz I have moiney (only 35m in my savin account). gimmme yor nomba? smiley
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by eeetuk(m): 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
Chimamanda Adichie photo looks fake. Her skin in the photo appeared lighter, but she is actually a dark skin woman.
I wonder why black women often want themselves to look lighter in skin color than their natural black skin.
Black skin is beautiful!
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by meobizy(f): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pumpumking:

you again. abusin inosent litrature people on litrature. wots wrong wit u actin like a ilitarate ? anyways i forgive u becuz I have moiney (only 35m in my savin account). gimmme yor nomba? smiley
You wish.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Mekoyaw(m): 7:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
The photoshoot is not only glamorous but also seductive. The looks from that eyes is just irresistibly enticing & attractive that I almost drooled.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Chiemeka1: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
See as her nose be like my own.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
backtalkG:
Black is beautiful
I tell you... The black juice can't be compared to any other thing!
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Pumpumking: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2021
meobizy:
You wish.

nor sure wot u bein smokin but did u juss realice a londoner juss ask for yor nomba?since when does chick refuse to giv nomba to a londoner. how can nigeria move on when peoplelike u exist. shame on u & u juss loste yor shance. goat. later!! angry
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by meobizy(f): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pumpumking:

nor sure wot u bein smokin but did u juss realice a londoner juss ask for yor nomba?since when does chick refuse to giv nomba to a londoner. how can nigeria move on when peoplelike u exist. shame on u & u juss loste yor shance. goat. later!! angry
Make sure the door hits you on the way out.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Pumpumking: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
meobizy:
Make sure the door hits you on the way out.

u very rude. angry angry
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by GUNITGuy: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
Of what posture or gesture is this for modelling, politics, seduction or what ....
She doesn't need all this
She is a shining example and should exemplify modesty rather than behave like an attention seeking teenage girl or celibrity

1 Like

Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Babastrong(m): 7:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=backtalkG post=108493600]Black is beautiful[sincerely, if you know what dey my mind.]
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Akabuking: 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Unicorndick:
grin grin Vaseline dey expensive. just look and pass.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Gt321(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2021
Unicorndick:

Na sambisa dem suppose carry u go, make dem beat u black blue
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by superCleanworks(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2021
Unicorndick:

What are we supposed to do with your low level of comprehension?
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Usonkwu: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
I would reject too. Dress is rumpled.
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by Elidrisy20: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2021
The only beautiful igbo in the entire universe
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by warlordd(m): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2021
Deadly combination! Amazing writer plus enchanting beauty!!
Re: International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why by TEEJHEY(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
So NATURAL...
PLS TELL WHO THE PHOTOGRAHER IS,
I NEED 2 GIFT HIM SOMETHING..[color=#000099][/color] cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 2 / "I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.