Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,708 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls (12053 Views)

Labour Party Will Takeover Rivers In 2023, Hilda Dokubo Boasts / 2023: APC Will Takeover South-South – Deputy Senate President, Omo-Agege / ... The Double Standard Of House Minority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila (APC, Lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by nairavsdollars(f): 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has said despite the dwindling fortunes of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the South East, it would take over the zone in 2023.

He noted that the defection of Governor David Umahi and some other political bigwigs into the ruling party was a strong indication that the party would flourish beyond expectations in the zone.

He spoke at Ohatekwe Amagu Ikwo, Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State during the fifth matriculation ceremony of Blessed Martins International Institute of Science and Technology (BMIIST).

Speaking after he commissioned an ultramodern laboratory and Information Communication and Technology (ICT) complex named after him, he appealed to APC leaders and members in the state to continue to support the party

He commended the member representing Ikwo/Ezza South Federal Constituency, Chief Chinedu Ogah for all he has been doing to promote the party in the state.

Gbajabiamila, who was represented by his Special Assistant on Legislative Matters, Nnnanna Igbokwe, noted that Chief Ogah has achieved so much despite being a first time member of the House.

He, therefore, appealed to leaders of the party in his constituency and the state at large to support the re-election of Chief Ogah, assuring that he would make greater impact in the House and achieve more for the constituency.

“Chinedu Ogah is one of Mr. Speaker’s most reliable allies in the House .Let me use this opportunity to commend the good people of Ikwo/Ezza South Federal Constituency for producing someone like Chinedu Ogah as their representing. Some of us who knew him before now are not surprised at what he has achieved in the House within the short period he has been there. He is a fine gentleman, astute legislator,seasoned and experienced and one of the strongest backbones of Mr. Speaker in the South East. Mr. Speaker asked me to appeal to you all to continue to support him and ensure his return to the House in 2023 because he is a good material.”

Governor, Chief David Umahi, who was represented by the Commissioner for Education, Dr. Sunday Nwangele, said the goverment was happy with the school’s efforts toward advancing the cause of quality education in the state.

He promised to continue to partner with the school and other similar institutions towards promoting quality education in the state.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/apc-ll-takeover-seast-in-2023-polls-says-gbajabiamila/

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by hisexcellency34: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Amala and ewedu speaker. the way you guys took over Anambra

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Xscape1993(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
Wasted talk. The evil party will not go beyond 2023.

91 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by conductor20000: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
Fool. Boko Haram afonja skull mining bandits have taken over your state and region but you're worried about infesting Igboland with your Almajiri Islamic party cheesy

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Leverage2021: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
If it was said in the opposite direction some people would be crying obsession

But how can apc take over east when it never won any governorship with the current eastern governors

12 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Maxymilliano(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
When did Femi Gbaja started taking meth

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Kriss216: 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ebonyi - Umahi won with PDP... Decamped to APC

IMO - Ihedioha won with PDP... Hope was installed against the will of Imolites

Anambra - APGA stronghold... 98% anti APC

Abia - PDP stronghold... 98% anti APC

Enugu - PDP stronghold... 98% anti APC

Can someone explain to me how this algae consumer think APC will take over South East?

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Vistra40: 3:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kriss216:
Ebonyi - Umahi won with PDP... Decamped to APC

IMO - Ihedioha won with PDP... Hope was installed against the will of Imolites

Anambra - APGA stronghold... 98% anti APC

Abia - PDP stronghold... 98% anti APC

Enugu - PDP stronghold... 98% anti APC

Can someone explain to me how this algae consumer think APC will take over South East?

Abians almost voted APC the last time but for the votes from Ngwaland that saved the incumbent. You can’t tell people to keep voting PDP in Abia despite the poor performance in the state. The same way APC shouldn’t be voted back in imo state due to poor performance

24 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by EmmanuelScott1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2021
The man is high on mkpurummiri grin grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by janedonez(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we are after @MANNA.

Reminiscent time.........
Truth is bitter, but we will continue to say it.

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe.
I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary conversations with nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by emmy4real94(m): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
POTUS
Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by LegendHero(m): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
They will abuse Gbaja for this statement but turn around tomorrow to beg APC to cede the 2023 ticket to them.

If confusion were to be a human being, he will be in the image of these people.

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Omoslim26: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lie
Is it the same apcheat that's becoming an abomination in the SE already or which particular apcheat is this Dede talking about ��
Both apcheat and pdthief will be sacked from Igboland very soon obele oge ka ofoduru,anyi ga achupu ha abuo.
It's better we stick to our own.
Apga is our own to keep and grow.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by DogmaNation: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
gringringrin
Tinubu goats don dey hype themselves again.
Lagos goats!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Alexis11: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lol my own is to sit down and watch how our SE brothers are going to insult Gbaja, Yorubas, APC and everything this man represent but turn around tomorrow to demand presidential ticked from the same party or tell Yorubas to step down for them.

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by seanswitch(m): 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
Hehehe... You're daydreaming

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Akaegwu(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
They have already taken over Anambra.

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Honourable1901(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Olodo

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Validated: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Amala and ewedu speaker. the way you guys took over Anambra

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Fbisshit: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
H
Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by big7: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
The obsession this Nigeria people have with South East mehn... There must be something in this south east that we don't know about... The force marriage and unnecessary attachment lol no be for here...

Now in his widest dream lol.. I really don't argue or get involve in this kinda conversations cos I know my people lol...

Igbos no get godfather sef let alone one particular person dey listen to... We act base on what we feel is the best for us and ones you don't fall under the category of those we want around the corridors of power Omo forget any propaganda you want to cough out... E no go ever work for South East... Everybody na king down here

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by treesun: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Godstiger(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
In your imaginary dream,apc as a political party is a failure and to the east, a bandits party, no matter the candidate they produce

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by JAMO84: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
That's pipe dream.

They are in love with the Poverty Development Party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Kingcalls: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
meth don reach house of reps

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by greenie77: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
Delusional.

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Houseofglam7(f): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by danono: 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
SOUTH EAST IS NOT SURULERE OR LAGOS

9 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/apc-ll-takeover-seast-in-2023-polls-says-gbajabiamila/
your talk smells like poll. The time has come when we see anyone voting for APC, we stone such to death. 2023 will be filled with a lot of drama. The blood of those innocent youth will start fighting against all of u. Demons and blood sucking Yoruba traitors. Femi Adesina,Tinubu, gbaladima and others. Betrayals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: APC Will Takeover South East In 2023 Polls by Princeton92(m): 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ok. Well done ooohhhhh lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Appoints Col. Sambo Dasuki (RTD) As New National Security Adviser / Kwara Police Confirm Gunmen Attacks On APC Senatorial Candidate Campaign Train / Bayo Ojo Quizzed By EFCC Over $1.2B Malabu Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.