Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life (340 Views)

What Did You Accomplish This Year That You Are Proud Of? / What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / The Big Lesson I Learned This Morning In Front Of My House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by lazkizz(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2021
Am not a good writer

My life was a total mess and disorganized, for a period of 8 Years.... I was so so depressed that I constantly think of suicide as an option to leave this miserable/Beautiful World.

Remember it was 8 years of Hurt,pains, rejection,confusion, stagnation, betrayal, loses, and worst of all depression.

I will tell you how I overcome all this, and how am beginning to feel alive and making rapid progress in Life.
Lemme just Go straight to the point.

1. Love yourself, take care of yourself... I mean be very very confident in How you carry yourself, because Nobody respects anyone that doesn't respect himself/herself.
Its a direct proportion. They Treat you the way you want them to treat you.

Having stayed with many uncles and aunties all my life .... You know why I said you should always put your interest first above others.
21st century is all about individualism.
Know this and know peace.

* Be very greedy E Get why.

2. Don't Gamble
In this life . we need one thing to make life easy and more pleasurable and that is money.
Its a paper that contains value. Be careful for your quest for money can turn you into a monster..
The world is now Digital and we are loosing ourselves Everyday. Statistics in Uk say 85% of the men are addicted to sports bets. If you want to have a very useless and disorganized Life keep on playing 2 odds that will still cut and start making you to feel depressed.

Some years ago I was addicted to Bet9ja. I lost all I have including my love life, I started playing from 2015 - 2019 .... Guy virtual carry me go village grin i enter a lot of Troubles because of Bet9ja. I remember one I can never forget till I die. Its was around 2017 October my aunty I was staying with then was a No nonsense woman. I mean she don't take shitt....so Nobody in the house knows am a chronic Gambler , so one monday morning she gave me 75k to deposit in the Bank its is part of the contribution she is doing with her friends. I went to the bank Very early that they told me to wait till 8am.
Before the bank can begin Operation for the day ... As I was outside sitting/waiting with the security men and some customer that came early like me. I just looked across and Behold a very Big Bet9ja Outlet was there ... I quickly rushed to the Shop with the intention of Risking my aunties money for some few cash.
Its was around 7:30 so I still have like 30mins before going back to the bank...
Long story short till today I never went back to the Bank and I never went Home to my aunty cry
Please Whatever you Do please Don't Gamble...you can't beat the bookies it designed to make you loose 99.9% ...... The only 1% is luck and it is not logical to bet on luck, because you can not be always lucky..its not how smart and how Good you can forcast games.... The funniest thing is that even the fixed matches dey cut sometimes and you loose a huge amount of money in the process.

* show me a Gambler and I will show a walking dead man.

3 . Don't be too religious
I remember when I was struggling with my gambling addiction... I told one pastor and he told me to pray and fast that it will stop... Omo on the last day of the fast na for Bet9ja shop I break my fast with and over 2.5.
The funny thing was I won that Day ..I use 200# to win 23k... That was how I fell even deep in my disasterious lifestyle.

Forget about spirituality and look for your own personal faults and blame yourself for every action and decision you make. If not you will keep on messing up and be blaming the Devil..

It was in my journey of recovery that I discovered that most of our problems are caused by us and not any spiritual force...mind you I still believe in the realm of the spirit.
But the nigeria Churches/mosques are our Biggest Problem...

*Have a balance spiritual and physical Life ...Don't be too spiritual when you need to be physical.

4 . Hustle for your own (financial independence) I remembered staying with one of my uncle who was at the rank of a major officer in the Army ... I went to stay with him so he can help me with my education or help me get into the arm force .... Omo I did houseBoy work for two years ... .. This man was just turning me and making fake promises..until him and his family was transferred to to Liberia under Ecomog.

A day before they were to live Nigeria. He called me in the sitting and told me how he suffered and struggled to join the army and how Nobody helped him....so he told me I should struggle too since am having a Dick not pussy.

In his voice "all man for himself" this one word sticks with me till today...he dashed me one of his old suit and gave me 20k. And told me am not coming with them to Liberia. After I don wash all my clothes put for my Ghana must go.
He told me to go to jos and stay with another of my uncle.

That was when I realized my life is in my hands . naso i refused to go to jos and entered street Ooo ,because I know say that one too na houseboy work I go go do.

The funny thing about street be say you go get sense By force... I struggle and hustle legit jobs , even though the pay is nothing to write home about.... Right now am schooling in the university with little or no help from anybody.

Seriously its not easy am just happy I have reasons to live in this miserable/Beautiful world and share my experience with you guys ...as we are going into the New year. I just want to tell someone out there, there's still Hope if you just believe in yourself.

A quick recap

1. Love yourself
2. Don't Gamble
3.Don't be too religious
4. Be financially independent (E get why )
Re: 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by DonBenny77(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
lazkizz:
Am not a good writer

My life was a total mess and disorganized, for a period of 8 Years.... I was so so depressed that I constantly think of suicide as an option to leave this miserable/Beautiful World.

Remember it was 8 years of Hurt,pains, rejection,confusion, stagnation, betrayal, loses, and worst of all depression.

I will tell you how I overcome all this, and how am beginning to feel alive and making rapid progress in Life.

1. Love yourself, take care of yourself... I mean be very very confident in How you carry yourself, because Nobody respects anyone that doesn't respect himself/herself.

Having stayed with many uncles and aunties all my life .... You know why I said you should always put your interest first above others.

2. Don't Gamble
In this life . we need one thing to make life easy and more pleasurable and that is money.
Its a paper that contains value. Be careful for your quest for money can turn you into a monster..
The world is now Digital and we are loosing ourselves Everyday. Statistics in Uk say 85% of the men are addicted to sports bets. If you want to have a very useless and disorganized Life keep on playing 2 odds that will still cut and start making you to feel depressed.

Some years ago I was addicted to Bet9ja. I lost all I have including my love life, I started playing from 2015 - 2019 .... Guy virtual carry me go village grin i enter a lot of Troubles because of Bet9ja. I remember one I can never forget till I die. Its was around 2017 October my aunty I was staying with then was a No nonsense woman. I mean she don't take shitt....so Nobody in the house knows am a chronic Gambler , so one monday morning she gave me 75k to deposit in the Bank its is part of the contribution she is doing with her friends. I went to the bank Very early that they told me to wait till 8am.
Before the bank can begin Operation for the day ... As I was outside sitting/waiting with the security men and some customer that came early like me. I just looked across and Behold a very Big Bet9ja Outlet was there ... I quickly rushed to the Shop with the intention of Risking my aunties money for some few cash.
Its was around 7:30 so I still have like 30mins before going back to the bank...
Long story short till today I never went back to the Bank and I never went Home to my aunty cry
Please Whatever you Do please Don't Gamble...you can't beat the bookies it designed to make you loose 99.9% ...... The only 1% is luck and it is not logical to bet on luck, because you can not be always lucky..its not how smart and how Good you can forcast games.... The funniest thing is that even the fixed matches dey cut sometimes and you loose a huge amount of money in the process.

* show me a Gambler and I will show a walking dead man.

3 . Don't be too religious
I remember when I was struggling with my gambling addiction... I told one pastor and he told me to pray and fast that it will stop... Omo on the last day of the fast na for Bet9ja shop I break my fast with and over 2.5.
The funny thing was I won that Day ..I use 200# to win 23k... That was how I fell even deep in my disasterious lifestyle.

Forget about spirituality and look for your own personal faults and blame yourself for every action and decision you make. If not you will keep on messing up and be blaming the Devil..

It was in my journey of recovery that I discovered that most of our problems are caused by us and not any spiritual force...mind you I still believe in the realm of the spirit.
But the nigeria Churches/mosques are our Biggest Problem...

*Have a balance spiritual and physical Life ...Don't be too spiritual when you need to be physical.

4 . Hustle for your own (financial independence) I remembered staying with one of my uncle who was at the rank of a major officer in the Army ... I went to stay with him so he can help me with my education or help me get into the arm force .... Omo I did houseBoy work for two years ... .. This man was just turning me and making fake promises..until him and his family was transferred to to Liberia under Ecomog.

A day before they were to live Nigeria. He called me in the sitting and told me how he suffered and struggled to join the army and how Nobody helped him....so he told me I should struggle too since am having a Dick not pussy.

In his voice "all man for himself" this one word sticks with me till today...he dashed me one of his old suit and gave me 20k. And told me am not coming with them to Liberia. After I don wash all my clothes put for my Ghana must go.
He told me to go to jos and stay with another of my uncle.

That was when I realized my life is in my hands . naso i refused to go to jos and entered street Ooo ,because I know say that one too na houseboy work I go go do.

The funny thing about street be say you go get sense By force... I struggle and hustle legit jobs , even though the pay is nothing to write home about.... Right now am schooling in the university with little or no help from anybody.

Seriously its not easy am just happy I have reasons to live in this miserable/Beautiful world and share my experience with you guys ...as we are going into the New year. I just want to tell someone out there, there's still Hope if you just believe in yourself.

A quick recap

1. Love yourself
2. Don't Gamble
3.Don't be too religious
4. Be financially independent (E get why )

Ok
Re: 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by Maria3895: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nice write up.

I also lost my last relationship to Bet9ja
My ex boy friend was a chronic gambler

We loved each other, but we always fight about his gambling addiction, and his not ready to change nor stop ....so I broke up with him, am in a new relationship now and my new Boyfriend Hates gambling with passion.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by ikechemez(m): 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=lazkizz post=108498561]Am not a good writer

How i wish I knew and applied the asterisked earlier in life. I would have being steps ahead.

A good percentage of the rich are greedy. Its a code the soft hearted can
never decode

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by Solanaa: 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
Thanks i learnt alot.

let me add to it.

No. 5. ---- Hustle smartly (Work smart not hard)

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I Learned This Year That Transform My Life by lazkizz(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2022
Solanaa:
Thanks i learnt alot.

let me add to it.

No. 5. ---- Hustle smartly (Work smart not hard)
yes nice One

(1) (Reply)

Lady Pulls Off Panties To Curse Boyfriend And His Manhood(video / 15ft Container For Sale / One Of The Most Beautiful Edifices In Sub-saharan Africa Gradually Springs Up ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.