Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana (28535 Views)

Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Coronavirus: "High-Ranking Member Of Buhari's Cabinet Dead" - Kemi Olunloyo / COVID-19: Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by jack3nity: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2021
You don’t know the country you are in
You would be fu**ed up before you even know it
You are comparing ur self to bbc and cnn
You have made plenty enemies than friends
As the saying goes the enemy of my enemy is my friend madam you don’t have sense at all
That’s why you where deported at the first place better go and seek forgiveness
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Oloniyan(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2021
ivolt:

Why do you guys love oppression so much only to start crying when you become a victim?
Please list the crimes Kemi has committed so far on this case that warrants her losing her freedom.

I am not condemning her job as an investigative journalist but what I'm condemning is her bullying attitude. She always bullies whoever that want to correct her or point out her errors.

I hate bully
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Bamzyriches451: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2021
Las las this kemi don craze finish
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by backnbeta(f): 10:55am On Dec 15, 2021
27Pushing30:

If you actually were well educated you would re-read her statement and understand her line “plead the 5th” is derived from the preceding sentence”

But as person wey no go school you no know say “plead the 5th “ is also colloquial term for “silence” -meaning she won’t give up her source - as stated in the preceding lines -which is a journalistic golden rule”

Better upgrade your knowledge base
First of all, to 'Plead the fifth' comes from the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which, among other rights, protects citizens from self-incrimination. Since "pleading the fifth" invokes the rights guaranteed in the fifth amendment to the U.S. constitution, the phrase as such would not make sense in any country where the U.S. constitution is not law. Despite its near-slang use even outside the US, I ask you again; who pleads the fifth in Nigeria?!
BTW, I am not a legal practitioner but I hold the highest certificate of formal education obtainable! Don't think everyone here is a no gooder!
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by itu404(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Idiko1:

Therefore, you have to act so stupidly. Nigerians and Africans tend to attach sentiments on every human endeavor. I am not a fan of Kemi but she seems to be correct on this issue.
You are absolutely right; tired of the sentiment in this whole thing myself.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by asanausana91: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lmao but madam kemi, we are not in the US

Which one is plead the 5th in the Nigerian constitution
journalist have the right to protect their source. No court in Nigeria will force a journalist to disclose his source.
Sahara reporters would have gone down, if the law make it compulsory for journalist to expose their source.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by yorubarere: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
Annie001:

For you to know him speaks volume
I repeat Falz is useful than you and your entire generation will ever be
Don't assume every family is like yours. Yours might be useless.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by mercysamuelson(m): 12:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
Lawyer false Vs Investigative Journalist Kemical... Make una take am easy o...
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Christistruth00: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
I'm glad she called Falana's bluff

Kemi Olunloyo is an investigative Journalist

She did her Job

Femi Falana is attacking Press Freedom

I have been suspecting Falana since he came out to Support the

Error infested Lagos Judicial Panel Report

Especially as Falana could see with his own two eyes as all Nigeria could see that Nathaniel Solomon who

granted the Punch Newspaper an Interview on the 11th of September 2021 is alive and well despite being

listed in the Report as being killed at Lekki Toll Gate and Holding fast on to deceit

Falana used to be a Lawyer of integrity

Listen to Falana using the Law to defend the same Press Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scn3X_8ZGuc

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-journalists-must-be-protected-press-freedom-drives-societal-development/amp

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Izongdave(m): 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
So las las all that his woman wants to do is media trial? Is that's the case who ever told her such can be objective and free of emotional sentiment, does she expect and average social media user, to accept that Sylvester consented to the torture he received and so the accuse should be exonerated of their crimes?
Not even the court will accept such of a 12 year old child, for an act carried out by his seniors
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Ugik(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lmao but madam kemi, we are not in the US

Which one is plead the 5th in the Nigerian constitution

Plead the 5th means keeping silent during a cross examination.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubarere:

Don't assume every family is like yours. Yours might be useless.
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2021
backnbeta:

First of all, to 'Plead the fifth' comes from the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which, among other rights, protects citizens from self-incrimination. Since "pleading the fifth" invokes the rights guaranteed in the fifth amendment to the U.S. constitution, the phrase as such would not make sense in any country where the U.S. constitution is not law. Despite its near-slang use even outside the US, I ask you again; who pleads the fifth in Nigeria?!
BTW, I am not a legal practitioner but I hold the highest certificate of formal education obtainable! Don't think everyone here is a no gooder!

1. THE Department of State Services (DSS) lacks the power to force the Abuja Bureau Chief of The Independent, Mr. Tony Ezimakor, to disclose the source of his information, activist-lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) has said.

2. “Since Mr. Ezimakor is constitutionally entitled to “remain silent”, the Department of State Services lacks the power to subject him to disclose the source of his information.

https://thenationonlineng.net/dss-lacks-power-ask-independent-journalist-reveal-source-says-falana/

Pleading the 5th means to remain silent, so you can literally do the same thing anywhere under the sun, regardless where the law came from. You obviously think she'll go and say I plead the 5th, she basically articulated that she won't say anything.

The woman basically implied that she'll exercise her rights to remain silent aka the 5th which is constitutionally protected in Nigeria.

The kabukabu hypocrite lawyer himself. Or you people no longer subscribe to Falana and his utterances again and you just pick and choose which one to take and spin?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by vedaxcool(m): 5:46am On Dec 16, 2021
Chigold101:

What if what Kemi says is the actual truth?
Most times in Nigeria we act based on emotions order than anything else and many people capitalize on this to play us like chess.
Even this APC government uses the same strategy.

I just wish and pray that the police will do a good job in investigating this issue

Yeah kinda, many cult groups and gangs use beating as induction, but the problem is with little evidence to support what she is saying , it would actually be like she is victim blaming or more of disinformation campaign!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supporters Organise One Million Match For Peter Obi In Owerri (Video) / Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa / EFCC May Go After Ex-first Lady Over N1trn Campaign Funds’ Disbursement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.