Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana (28540 Views)

Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Coronavirus: "High-Ranking Member Of Buhari's Cabinet Dead" - Kemi Olunloyo / COVID-19: Kemi Olunloyo Blasts Hope Uzodinma, Tells Him To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by ivolt: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
bencr7:
That why like d US they will first invite kemi to proof where she caught d information that d boy try to joint but if she have no proof punishment straight,will can see now wat is happening to that gay boy in empire but if she right and d truth come out to be right she is free
Stop saying what you don't know.
The US police do not invite strangers to an ongoing investigation.
If they need to talk someone who may be involved they will ask for the person's permission
which can be refused.
In fact, no citizen is required to talk to the police whether they are suspect or not!

In the case someone is involved in a crime and there is evidence for it, the police will
go to court to get a warrant of arrest.

Falana is supporting illegal police action against an innocent person.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Brushstrokes20: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2021
Only madness can cure madness!... undecided

The deranged bitch needs the IRON HAND approach!

E.g...... Pastor Ibiyeomie approach, ada ameh approach,etc.... her madness go cure by force!
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by ivolt: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2021
joyandfaith:

He was not kabukabu lawyer when he was defending buhari Nepa certificate. It is like APC member or Tinubu associate own dowen college.
Most times you are defending Tinubu you spit meconium- stained opium.
Any human right lawyer who defends a Nepa certificate holder is dubious and lack integrity.
There is no doubt that Buhari lacks the qualification to contest.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Burstbrain(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2021
yorubarere:
Falana quickly ruining his legal profession. He thinks shouting on the social media and chasing cameras is all what that makes a lawyer. Hope he is aware of how Adegboruwa disgraced himself.

Falana is failing. And he failed more in raising his kid (falz) to be useful to the society. He raised a thug who supervised chaos in a state that made them who they were.

Bros wetin u even Dey talk sef, are u saying injustice in the society is normal, or u’re just daft.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by ivolt: 7:52am On Dec 15, 2021
fluffybaby:
Does Kemi pay tax? Is she a registered journalist with all legal papers to back her claim? If she has not been paying tax all these years she has been claiming investigative journalist she should be called in for questioning.
You and Kemi are ignorant.
Paying tax is the duty of all income earners and not journalist alone.
It is not the duty of the police to investigate tax issues. We have FIRS and SIRS for that.
There is no formal qualification or legal papers for being a journalist unlike say doctor.

Kemi is ignorant because she thinks she is protected because she is a journalist.
She is actually protected as a citizen of Nigeria from being harassed.

You and Falana should stop supporting illegality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by adirivictor(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2021
All those giant women ranting about beating this woman, kilode na
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by 369kitchen(m): 7:57am On Dec 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Lmao but madam kemi, we are not in the US

Which one is plead the 5th in the Nigerian constitution

She is over there and not here.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by hotwax: 8:00am On Dec 15, 2021
Plead the 5th in Nigeria. Ori woman Yi ti daru patapata.

Her case is a psychiatric one...
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:08am On Dec 15, 2021
ivolt:

Stop saying what you don't know.
The US police do not invite strangers to an ongoing investigation.
If they need to talk someone who may be involved they will ask for the person's permission
which can be refused.
In fact, no citizen is required to talk to the police whether they are suspect or not!

In the case someone is involved in a crime and there is evidence for it, the police will
go to court to get a warrant of arrest.

Falana is supporting illegal police action against an innocent person.

Salute.

You sabi America 100%, unlike some people posting from their abia village..
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by wizseller: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2021
Stop using that substance, its damaging effects is on manifesting in your words

yorubarere:
Falana quickly ruining his legal profession. He thinks shouting on the social media and chasing cameras is all what that makes a lawyer. Hope he is aware of how Adegboruwa disgraced himself.

Falana is failing. And he failed more in raising his kid (falz) to be useful to the society. He raised a thug who supervised chaos in a state that made them who they were.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:13am On Dec 15, 2021
hotwax:
Plead the 5th in Nigeria. Ori woman Yi ti daru patapata.

Her case is a psychiatric one...

You mean you can not remain silent or the police can force you to open your mouth in Nigeria?

Do you even know the meaning of the 5th amendment to start with?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by OGAStacks2021: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2021
Whoever you are, you are senseless look
yorubarere:

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by friendl: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2021
This kemi na better mumu ,..she no get sense
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by TheOmoney(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2021
This drama go sweet oh
Na our FEMI FALANA (SAN) she dey wash like this for public?

When time reach...Hanty no go beg for back oh....plead the 5th kor......7th ni
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Annie001: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2021
yorubarere:

You must have misplaced yours for mine. In my family, we don't destroy, we build. We don't like chaos.

But are you from a good home? You don't need to reply me, think about it
For you to know him speaks volume
I repeat Falz is useful than you and your entire generation will ever be
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2021

THE Department of State Services (DSS) lacks the power to force the Abuja Bureau Chief of The Independent, Mr. Tony Ezimakor, to disclose the source of his information, activist-lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) has said.

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-journalists-must-be-protected-press-freedom-drives-societal-development/amp

See the kabukabu lawyer and his hypocrisy.. grin grin
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2021
Falana: Journalists must be protected — press freedom drives societal development

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-journalists-must-be-protected-press-freedom-drives-societal-development/amp

See the face of a liar and a sad hypocrite.

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2021
Today, the Department of State Services (DSS) lacks the power to force the Abuja Bureau Chief of The Independent, Mr. Tony Ezimakor, to disclose the source of his information.

Tomorrow, ask the police to invite independent journalist to reveal the source of her information.

See how hypocritical, sad and pathetic this kabukabu lawyer is..

grin
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Osizo(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2021
Plead d fifth is not applicable in Nigeria. It's only applicable in countries where the United state of America constitution is in law.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by GhostWisperer: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2021
fluffybaby:
Does Kemi pay tax? Is she a registered journalist with all legal papers to back her claim? If she has not been paying tax all these years she has been claiming investigative journalist she should be called in for questioning.
Kemi is a halfwit attention seeking sadist but what has task of being registered got to do with being a journalist?

Nothing! Journalism isn't like medical practice or law.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2021
The first news I read about Falana's words seem fake.
Media people know how to lie just to get attention.

What I later read from a better source was that he simply called the police to take her 'words' serious as it might solve all the higihaga around the case. Moreover he said it in a way that the police should question her to reveal her sources so they can verify as he can't go meet her directly.

This follows her response.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2021
Osizo:
Plead d fifth is not applicable in Nigeria. It's only applicable in countries where the United state of America constitution is in law.

1. THE Department of State Services (DSS) lacks the power to force the Abuja Bureau Chief of The Independent, Mr. Tony Ezimakor, to disclose the source of his information, activist-lawyer Femi Falana (SAN) has said.

2. “Since Mr. Ezimakor is constitutionally entitled to “remain silent”, the Department of State Services lacks the power to subject him to disclose the source of his information.

https://thenationonlineng.net/dss-lacks-power-ask-independent-journalist-reveal-source-says-falana/

You mean you can not remain silent in Nigeria? Or you just don't know the meaning of 5th?

According to the same Falana.

The police can not force journalists to reveal their sources.

Journalists are constitutionally entitled to remain silent, aka 5th.

Falana himself don spoil market for you people with his own hypocrisy.

Find another angle to pursue.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by ShoeShineGuy: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2021
NGpatriot:

I still do not know why people can't argue logically without allowing emotions/sentiments becloud our sense of judgement. Of course, the death of a minor is indeed tragic and no one prays for such to befall them. I'm not even close to being a fan of Kemi Olunloyo, but come to think of it, has any of those people calling for her head paused to ask how she got her facts which she boldly came out with knowing fully well the gravity of what she was about doing?

I'm sure up to about 90% of us here fighting each other has never been in that Dowen College and as such, none of this estimated subset above is privy to what goes on in that school (where tuition is as high as 3million naira, where students give ATM cards to the person who is meant to be in charge of security to go withdraw big money for them and what not...)

Anyone will agree most of these children are spoilt brats and we can't rule out the possibility of cultism there which Kemi Olunloyo brought up apparently to the discontent of a lot of people because we feel we should focus solely on the "bullying" storyline which no doubt is also a grave issue of concern in our secondary schools. Or maybe, people are thinking cultism is just too strong to be attached to secondary schools, which if so, we could and should safely adopt "gangsterism" instead.

Personally, I have a cousin whose dad had to change his schools because of the gory tales (na tory for another day) in that previous school he was, somewhere in this Lagos which even has its tuition as just a little over 1m (far more affordable than Dowen).

Another personal experience I would like to share is that I was also at my mechanic's workshop somewhere in Abesan Estate and the shop is situated directly opposite one of these exotic schools. I was shocked at the scenes that unfolded in my presence. You couldn't tell the "senior students" from their teachers (except of course from their looks and dressing) as they were all relating as though they were all mates. After playing basketball in a mixed manner on the court in front of their building, they then jammed, via a loudspeaker, to Tupac's Letter to my Unborn, Dear Mama, Hit'em up, and many more hardcore raps from the likes of DMX, Lil Wayne plus to the latest x-rated songs from our own Naija artistes. Fear catch me I swear!.. I remember a police patrol car passing by had to park in order for the cops inside to confirm if everything was alright before driving on.

I couldn't but help but wonder if these guys (males and females) could put up such an open brazen display in an educational facility in broad daylight, what they would be capable of when no one is watching. If there's an allegation that those male teachers are dating and sleeping with those female students, I wouldn't blink twice before believing it with the level of covert "grooming" I witnessed that day. I later got to realise the school was not in session and that day was meant to be a "summer" coaching.

My point is this; it shouldn't hurt to try and look at every available pieces of evidence irrespective of where they're coming from as long as none of us was there prior to and on the day of this unfortunate incident. Kemi is a journalist who has been a controversial news breaker from time immemorial and she'll continue to do such. Falana has issues with her because he took up the job of defending the Oromonis. Our job should be to watch and pray that the true story of what has been happening in that school and what happened that led to Sylvester's death get unravelled. Throwing tantrums endlessly here and there is quite uncivil and not necessary. I'm even sure to get my fair share of abuse as is the norm on Nairaland once someone doesn't like your post. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by onedayatime(m): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2021
NGpatriot:

Can't read and comprehend village square ipob, I said invite or arrest, the OR was there for a reason.

Your ipob village square education failed you.

Btw, you forgot to tell us why the police and the DSS are yet to arrest or invite her?

I bet the police and DSS dey laugh and making fun of the kabukabu lawyer..

You try o. How you take read all those IWE-LANKA PRIMARY SCHOOL ENGLISH wey the guy BENCR they say.

You are a well respected guy because you limit yourself only to the argument without trying to call out all his BAD ENGLISH.

I just dey use style style grab wetin he mean
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

I still do not know why people can't argue logically without allowing emotions/sentiments becloud our sense of judgement. Of course, the death of a minor is indeed tragic and no one prays for such befall them. I'm not even close to being a fan of Kemi Olunloyo, but come to think of it, has any of those people calling for her head paused to ask how she got her facts which she boldly came out with knowing fully well the gravity of what she was about doing?

I'm sure up to about 90% of us here fighting each other has never been in that Dowen College and as such, none of this estimated subset above is privy to what goes on in that school (where tuition is as high as 3million naira, where students give ATM cards to the person who is meant to be in charge of security to go withdraw big money for them and what not...)

Anyone will agree most of these children are spoilt brats and we can't rule out the possibility of cultism there which Kemi Olunloyo brought up apparently to the discontent of a lot of people because we feel we should focus solely on the "bullying" storyline which no doubt is also a grave issue of concern in our secondary schools. Or maybe, people are thinking cultism is just too strong to be attached to secondary schools, which if so, we could and should safely adopt "gangsterism" instead.

Personally, I have a cousin whose dad had to change his schools because of the gory tales (na tory for another day) in that previous school he was, somewhere in this Lagos which even has its tuition as just a little over 1m (far more affordable than Dowen).

Another personal experience I would like to share is that I was also at my mechanic's workshop somewhere in Abesan Estate and the shop is situated directly opposite one of these exotic schools. I was shocked at the scenes that unfolded in my presence. You couldn't tell the "senior students" from their teachers (except of course from their looks and dressing) as they were all relating as though they were all mates. After playing basketball in a mixed manner on the court in front of their building, they then jammed, via a loudspeaker, to Tupac's Letter to my Unborn, Dear Mama, Hit them up, and many more hardcore raps from the likes of DMX, Lil Wayne plus to the latest x-rated songs from our own Naija artistes. I remember a police patrol car passing by had to park in order for the cops inside to confirm if everything was alright before driving on.

I couldn't but help but wonder if these guys (males and females) could put up such an open brazen display in an educational facility in broad daylight, what they would be capable of when no one is watching. I later got to realise the school was not in session and that day was meant to be a "summer" coaching.

My point is this; it shouldn't hurt to try and look at every available pieces of evidence irrespective of where they're coming from as long as none of us was there prior to and on the day of this unfortunate incident. Kemi is a journalist who has been a controversial news breaker from time immemorial and she'll continue to do such. Falana has issues with her because he took up the job of defending the Oromonis. Our job should be to watch and pray that the true story of what has been happening in that school and what happened that led to Sylvester's death get unravelled. Throwing tantrums endlessly here and there is quite uncivil and not necessary. I'm even sure to get my fair share of abuse as is the norm on Nairaland once someone doesn't like your post. grin

Excellent write up, you nailed it parfectly.

Unfortunately, some let emotions, hatred, tribalism and sentiments formulate their thoughs and thinking and it shows in their manner of reasoning.

The woman offered a very valid angle that could help solve the case, but they'd rather crucify her simply because they don't want and are afraid of her line of investigation and possible outcome.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by NGpatriot: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2021
onedayatime:

You try o. How you take read all those IWE-LANKA PRIMARY SCHOOL ENGLISH wey the guy BENCR they say.

You are a well respected guy because you limit yourself only to the argument without trying to call out all his BAD ENGLISH.

I just dey use style style grab wetin he mean

I read his post over and over to get the gist, you just have to ignore distractions and needless diversions and deal with the real issue.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by onedayatime(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2021
NGpatriot:

I read his post over and over to get the gist, you just have to ignore distractions and needless diversions and deal with the real issue.

Omojuwa on twitter said something sometime ago, (in quote) "I can not be a human rights activists because I can not say things people wants to hear alone".

Believe me, FALZ, DEBO MACARONI etc understand this and are using it to gain more popularity among sheeple.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by donnie(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2021
fluffybaby:

I do not like Kemi's desperation with being in the spotlight but this vindictiveness you exhibit na wa.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Hits Back At Femi Falana by fluffybaby(f): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2021
ivolt:

You and Kemi are ignorant.
Paying tax is the duty of all income earners and not journalist.
It is not the duty of the police to investigate tax issues. We have FIRS and SIRS for that.
There is no formal qualification or legal papers for being a journalist unlike say doctor.

Kemi is ignorant because she thinks she is protected because she is a journalist.
She is actually protected as a citizen from being harassed.

You and Falana should stop supporting illegality.

Did I tell you to send police to her? Let's leave you with that ignorant feeling that you know how tax matters are handled. Enjoy!!!¡

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Poses With His Beautiful Family After Late Night Date With His Wife / Olumide Akpata Steps Aside From Law Firm To Pursue Political Ambition / Labaran Maku Fails To Get APGA Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.