Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) (21059 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Inspects 1,188-Unit Sangotedo Housing Project / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses / 16,744 Persons In Kaduna Receive N20,000 FG's Cash Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by nedekid: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2021
Annie001:
The one launched in ikorodu is yet to be occupied
Bushes don almost grow reach the house
Why? shocked
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by gidado14(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu yesterday commissioned the 744-Unit LagosHOMS Housing Scheme, Sangotedo (Phase1) which contains 248 one-bed, 248 two-bed and 248 three-bed Flat(s).

This housing Project is located in Eti Osa East Local Council Development Area (LCDA), the project contains 62 blocks of residences, sited on a 10.024 hectares of land with beautiful landscape.

Other features of the LagosHOMS Sangotedo includes:
- Perimeter Fencing. Car Park spaces of 492 cars within compounds and 406 cars at the general car parks.
- Water Treatment Plant and supply with very large storage capacity
- Proper Sewage System
- Full Street Lighting, covered drains and walkways on both sides
- External electrification provided from National Grid with an injection station of 15MVA and 7 transformers of 500KVA capacity each
- Streetlights, Water Treatment Plant and Sewage system all have an alternative power system in case of power shortage from the National Grid

The Phase 2 of the LagosHOMS Sangotedo project is already ongoing and this will add another 444 Units to the current one that was just commissioned.

The LagosHOMS Sangotedo Phase 1 Housing project is also in line with the THEMES Agenda in Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy (The 4th pillar).

#ForAGreaterLagos
impressive I really admire this
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by dapolaw(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
They told you education is free in Lagos, both from primary to secondary levels and the next thing is how many children do we have in those govt schools?

And you don't want people to feel that you are a PDP person? You don't sound like someone that is genuine in your criticism.

The caption is about housing, but you changed it to free education, that was debunked and later you changed it to number of children in govt schools... Oga you can't be jumping upanda on shifting from one topics to another... It's shows how myopic you are on the topic been discussed.

seguno2:

How many children are in the free education schools? And how many are in private schools?

Anyone who asks questions about Sanwo Olu’s thieving ways must be PDP? Where did you pull that logic from

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by atiku07(m): 9:50am On Dec 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
I am not the cause of your frustration.

You are the one likely frustrated here

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Sanwo olu is actually copying fashola's blue print. He was part of fashola's government though....
While HE Fashola's government actually copied Asiwaju Tinubu's blue print.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Noble1010: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2021
Wish I can be part of the owner of this housing project!! 2 bedroom don do me

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by atiku07(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Sanwo olu is actually copying fashola's blue print. He was part of fashola's government though....

That was actually the LAGOS BLUE PRINT abandoned by Ambode that got him sacked

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2021
Another 9m for a room selfcon and they will call it AFFORDABLE
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by KarlWest(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Na still Igbos go buy all those properties despite selling it for them at double the price they offer Afonjas grin

Igbo Amaka
Afonja Ajoka jarey

Yes! Because nothing good can come out of Igbo Bit-ches.

Make I shock you? Even if you bought it for $30BG, we go still deport you all once Nigeria break.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Emir01: 10:00am On Dec 15, 2021
seguno2:

How much is the IGR and oil prices now compared to then?
Salaries of civil servants should have grown in consequence to match the total package of public office holders, not so

How much is the Population back then? Today you can be in your house buying properties, phones, shoe, clothes etc on Amazon or aliexpress putting pressure on Naira. I agree with you dat government failed to plan to accommodate most of the challenges we are facing today. But we shud try to be fair too. No miracle can solve our problem but proper planning can lead us to the promise land. We have a huge deficit in all sectors even the IGR can't solve the problem at hand now. How much is the IGR of over 20 million people? from the IGR u will realise dat things have to be improved. I can only judge base on all this circumstances. The question is dat do we need more housing(affordable) and is Sanwo Olu trying to close the gap? The answer is Yes. Lagos state in particular is trying and Sanwo Olu is okay.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by SocialJustice: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2021
SmartPolician:

This is FALSE. You can only believe that if you don't live in Nigeria. Every day, the prices of commodities and items keep rocketing (including building materials) and rarely drop.

Besides, every government has a priority and Sanwo-Olu made it clear that he's prioritizing affordable housing for Lagosians.

The truth is, Nigeria is not as rich as some of us think it is. When you convert naira to dollars, you will realize that Nigeria doesn't have money.

But then, Lagos State is extremely rich (by far, the richest state in Nigeria) and can afford to carry out several projects at the same time. But what I don't understand is why they keep going for bonds. I think the last was about N185billion.
Again, you don't have to be rich in the class of Lagos to provide affordable housing. The reason I call it affordable is the payment span of 10 years. It gives the buyer enough room to pay. It is unfortunate that inflation is present but it is a global problem.

Unfortunately, while developed nations are maintaining single digit inflation, Nigeria is heading to almost 30% inflation.

A governor who can set aside N500m to build an estate can easily get external grants or cheap loans to boost that sum to N2b or more. They can take that sum, complete the estate and sell for say N2.5b that will be paid in instalments over 10 years. The government doesn't have to wait for 10 years to get their money back rather they securitise the 10 year mortgages and sell to investment banks or institutional investors for say N2.1b. Now they have their N2b back and can repeat the process.

Government can repeat the process above twice or thrice a year.

I am sure the funding model I described is not being used here and government has to perpetually provide funds to the project through budgeting. This method is daft and very expensive. Very few states can attempt it.

As for bonds, it is cheap debt and easy to access compared to other means of funding. Most bonds raised in Nigeria though end up in private accounts as there is usually nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Akerele44(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Sanwo Olu is operating on a level other governors don't even have a clue about.
Lagos state governors always operates in a classic ways

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by AgentGoat: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2021
okey4reel:
Who are who are they giving the apartments to self, can Lagostians apply?

You be stammer?
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by JAWBONE(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2021
princdebola201:
Sanwolu have completed more housing projects than any president in Nigeria since 1999

Can you shut up your mouth please or were you born yesterday.

This is not even up to an inch of FESTAC or Jakande Estate. Talking absolute nonsense
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by pricklewane: 10:10am On Dec 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
I am not the cause of your frustration.

Frustration killed your father over the gigantic stride enjoyed in Lagos pioneered by incoming president in 2023 Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

You are destined to perish from same frustration out of chronic bigotry n irredeemable hate for a man your wretch of a father is not fit to lace his shoes

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by desgiezd(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2021
a4cube:
This is commendable, where in sangotedo pls.

Sangotedo is after Ajah but not far at all from Ajah. This estate is situated somewhere along Ogombo Road at Sangotedo

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by pricklewane: 10:15am On Dec 15, 2021
No one destinied your poverty stricken household into wretchedness. Na only you be igbo that is not ready to work hard to make a living.

Igbos are buying properties in Lagos without govt support yet your wretched father as govt support you still want a free house oloriburuku masa anfa ni fellow.

seguno2:

What useless level of incomplete information is that?
How much are the flats compared to the legitimate salaries of civil servants? How do the numbers compare with what Mobolaji Johnson and Jakande did in the 1970s and 1980s?

By the way, how many people has he employed for delivering free education for all children in quality government schools, plus other activities
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by SocialJustice: 10:29am On Dec 15, 2021
pricklewane:

Frustration killed your father over the gigantic stride enjoyed in Lagos pioneered by incoming president in 2023 Bola Ahmed Tinubu, you are destined to perish fr same frustration out of chronicle bigotry n irredeemable hate for a man your wretch of a father is not fit to leave his shoes
I can barely understand what you're trying to say.

Go work on your vocabulary, lexis, structure and spelling. When you're better at expressing yourself, you can come back to talk again, let me see if I'll understand you then. cheesy
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by bahdpersona(m): 10:31am On Dec 15, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Na still Igbos go buy all those properties despite selling it for them at double the price they offer Afonjas grin

Igbo Amaka
Afonja Ajoka jarey
hatred and tribalism is in your blood, nothing can cure it

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2021
seguno2:

How many children are in the free education schools? And how many are in private schools?

Anyone who asks questions about Sanwo Olu’s thieving ways must be PDP? Where did you pull that logic from
Niccah hush, you are a well known PDP clown. angry

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by orisa37: 10:57am On Dec 15, 2021
RILIWAN AKIOLU SAYS EDO OWNS EKO. NOW SANWOOLU PAYS COMPENSATION BY BUILDING SANGOTEDO FOR FULANI HERDSMEN.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2021
This reminds me of Chi-Raq projects
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by seunmsg(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2021
gulfer:
Already furnished.....lies, when you buy, you have to fix everything from wardrobe to kitchen worktable etc shocked shocked shocked shocked
A friend bought in one of the schemes in Ikorodu; the contractor did a very shoddy job angry angry angry angry

It is a general problem with mass housing scheme and not peculiar to Lagos state. When i bought my house in an estate in Abuja, i also have to carry out massive renovation.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Easy5265: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2021
a4cube:
This is commendable, where in sangotedo pls.

Must be the junction after shopright in Sangotedo. Down that road, Fashola started the project.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2021
I wish this house would be truly be given to anybody and everyone, and to make sure it is maintained they should collect annual service charge,and whoever default after 3 warnings should be evicted from the estate.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by cocolacec(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2021
okey4reel:
Who are who are they giving the apartments to self, can Lagostians apply?

For Yorubas only.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Rather, copying or following Lagos blue print , laid down by Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by gulfer: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2021
seunmsg:

It is a general problem with mass housing scheme and not peculiar to Lagos state. When i bought my house in an estate in Abuja, i also have to carry out massive renovation.
But you'll agree it shouldn't be so.....the one I am talking about was so bad that he had to change practically every door in the house....No quality control/check angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by naijadrivablog: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2021
One house per LGA in Nigeria. Nice number.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2021
Criminals won't escape their consequences.
No matter how hard you try, Ogun go still kill u for the innocent souls you've wasted and the money you bastard has looted and still looting.

Ogun kill u there!

Criminal asshole.
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by hofeshhomes: 11:27am On Dec 15, 2021
Nice project!
Re: Sanwo-olu Launches 744-unit Sangotedo Housing Scheme (Pictures) by teebillz: 11:28am On Dec 15, 2021
tobillionaire:
Sanwo baba! Keep it up boss, we need more of this sir

I think Lagos state should build blocks of about 7 storey each of a room self so as to provide affordable housing units for youths and bachelors

The youths will turn it to one hell of a living space where cultism, prostitution and crime will become the order of the day. Nigerian youths should never be left to live away from the general population. Imagine Nigerian youths living on an island all on their own. Now that's a scary thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Grants Amnesty To Cultists And Kidnappers (Photos) / Gwen Elohor Tagbarha Contesting For Sapele Chairmanship (photos) / Community Policing To Be Infused Into Amotekun - Muhammed Adamu, IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.