Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin (33751 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by saddler: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
undecided
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by goslowgoslow(m): 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
OP that wasn't a 4 hours flight. All the frustrations happened before take off.
Albeit that was a very bad experience.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
You could have just stopped at the nearest bus-stop and take another flight or bus.

Ore would have been a better place to stop, and you a bus to Benin

3 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by pocohantas(f): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
suffering:
Update: My flight went smoothly. It seems morning flights are the priority for Nigerian airlines. By 6:45 a.m. we were called for boarding towards the appointed 7:00 a.m. journey. In the airplane we spent an extra 45 minutes waiting for latecomers, other departing planes and finally making all preparations before we took off. I had zero complaints at the end of the day. It seems morning flights are what I’ll pick whenever considering journeys. Once in a while I’ll journey by road, but if the money is there I’ll spend it without thinking twice.

Yes they are. If you don’t want stories, take the first flight of the day. They are capable of leaving few minutes earlier sef.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by desgiezd(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
I hate turbo props, it’s too noisy for me.

How’re we sure it wasn’t the heat in the aircraft that made the guy that was drunk vomited because the heat would have aggravated his condition.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by yom2(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
suffering:
Exactly what I kept telling myself throughout the ordeal. I can deal with the associated body pain from long road travels. Anyway, the convenience of air travel was appreciated at the end as I felt really fresh on finally reaching the destination.
what's d difference in hours road and air?
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Princeton92(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
I'm in love with your use of words politely cool grin

TheGreatIYANU:
Re: https://www.nairaland.com/6896135/passengers-visit-toilet-panic-grips

I saw the above post recently and it reminded me of similar experience I had just last month.

Here goes...

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by lozanni(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
grin grin grin Ops, you dey very funny.

What Ladipoe said: 'life is so hard that we cope with comedy' is very, very true.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by coolclarke(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
You're home safe and sound thank God for journey memories �
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by KingRex1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
This is usually the case with evening flights at Lagos and Abuja airports. Although I like watching other flights on queue taking off be mine.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by VicM6: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Na the kind write up we wan dey read for year 2022 bdis o...no be all dos cook up stories.
Mean while, the most funny part was wen the pilot announced to go bk for a fuel refue.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by PeaceNation: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Infact Two weeks ago, one airline that I don't want to mention the name delayed our flight from Ilorin going to Lagos from 9:45am till 9:50pm. Infact I miss my meeting that I suppose to attend by 12:00pm on that day. What a mess.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by rajiedreez: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
I thank God for you
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by nairaman66(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
I had almost same experience, but not chaotic like yours! I and a friend was suppose to fly from Osubi airport to Abuja,. Arik delayed us until 7:00PM then cancelled the flight, deceiving us that we can get to Lagos and get another flight to Abuja same day.

We got to Lagos almost 8:00PM, then we ran as fast as our legs could carry us with luggage’s to MM2 , only to miss the last flight by few minutes! It was a crazy situation, we had to book those makeshift hotels at MM1 and cracked jokes with the receptionist till late! Early the next morning, we took the first flight to Abuja!

A journey that would take us 1 hr, took us almost 24hrs! cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Jalaw: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
I have nothing to contribute.
Never bought a flight ticket before.
Na God is Good motors I de manage.

10 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by dingbang(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
cheesy
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Trustedpronet: 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
We way no too care about our lives na road transport we dey use o. The only delay wey we dey get na military and police check points. Lol

4 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by israelmao(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
Is it London to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ishilove:

Typical Nigerian coping mechanism to stress. When the going gets tough, we turn everything to joke which is why we are globally known for our resilience. Dem use suffering train us

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Bluntemperor: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

grin same thing happened to me internationally but they had solid excuse, aircraft was fully booked and we had probably exceeded weight limitations. However I can't understand why this happened to you on a flight that was not fully booked

What sort of nonsense is playing here in our Air Traffic,just because the Federal Govt have no single Air plane now or near future does not mean they should abandoned this aspect of business or be toying with precious lives of the People! This is a sentive area of Business that needs total control-as to arrival, departure - both within and outside Nigeria!
Federal Govt should come in immediately now to check the excess of the Private Airlines that are having a field day without regards to the Rules,Time and Safety of the People!
What is the work of Air Traffic Control and other associated department!
Our Private Airlines should be ashamed that going through Roads is far better than their supposed overharpped Planes!
Terribly in bad taste!
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Beninwitch: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
Interesting read. Clearly you enjoy flying too.

Wahala for who has not entered flight Sha.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Nonywendy(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

I saw the above post recently and it reminded me of similar experience I had just last month.

Here goes...

I had the worst experience with arik. Lagos to calabar before they shut down that route. Stupid and nasty experience I can't forget in a hurry
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by magzey: 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Thanks God ,after all you arrived safely all others remained sweet stories. grin cheesy
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by 123readygo: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Hmmmmmm.
Asaba to Abj. 4:30pm came and we all boarded the flight and was about taxing to the runway and the next thing we heard was that we should disembark. Alarmed, I inquired what the problem was and was told that the pilot said that 'a light in the cockpit refused to go out'.... And that is how we waited for some engineers to be flown from Lagos to Asaba to rectify it... The flight eventually left by 9pm but the amazing thing was that you could literally hear a drop of pin throughout the duration of the flight.
It was when the wheels touched down the airport that I found out that everyone was busy saying his/her prayers silently by the eruption of praise the lord and the shout of joy the followed thereafter

6 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by BRATISLAVA: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Here goes...

Taxi on the runway.

Funny story. Never imagined this could happen.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by BRATISLAVA: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
123readygo:
Hmmmmmm.
Asaba to Abj. 4:30pm came and we all boarded the flight and was about taxing to the runway and the next thing we heard was that we should disembark. Alarmed, I inquired what the problem was and was told that the pilot said that 'a light in the cockpit refused to go out'.... And that is how we waited for some engineers to flown from Lagos to Asaba to rectify it... The flight eventually left by 9pm but the amazing thing was the you could literally hear a drop of pin throughout the duration of the flight

They were right to do that. Why were you quiet? Did you expect to hear something pulling apart midair? Lol.

Airborne Nigerians are some of the most religious people alive, though they like to pretend that they aren't.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by BRATISLAVA: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
pocohantas:

Yes they are. If you don’t want stories, take the first flight of the day. They are capable of leaving few minutes earlier sef.

I beg to disagree!

Won't recount the terrible experiences here, but they can do horrible things to a morning schedule. Without excuse. Without moving air. From the delays before boarding to the delays when boarded. Terrible experiences.

It seems to be a Nigerian thing. Locking people in a squashy plane that doesn't have a single working air conditioner in the morning.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by farady(m): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
Any early morning flight (7am -9:30am) from LOS-ABV, ABV-LOS, LOS-PHC, PHC-LOS, ABV-PHC, PHC-ABV and some few other cities within that time belt, you can hardly get a delay, highest by 11am you guy are off. Anything beyond that early morning flight is 50:50. Expect delays of up to 12 hours or outright cancellation. I always strive to do that early morning flight or I reschedule to another date.

2 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

I beg to disagree!

Won't recount the terrible experiences here, but they can do horrible things to a morning schedule. Without excuse. Without moving air. From the delays before boarding to the delays when boarded. Terrible experiences.

It seems to be a Nigerian thing. Locking people in a squashy plane that doesn't have a single working air conditioner in the morning.

Hahahaha. BRA done vex o. Tbh they keep to time with morning flights. That is not to say there won’t be situations like yours sha. Disappointment is a Nigerian thing. Sorry about your experience ehn. embarassed
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by grandstar(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU
Your post reminds me of the song below:

"Mister Playsafe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and wished his kids good bye
He waited his whole damn life for this flight,
As the plane crashed down,
He said "Isn't it ironic"

"Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Lazyreporta(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Airpeace is notorious for delay

Avoid any flight from 5pm with airpeace, you will end up flying around 8 to 9pm.. It's always so

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Of Federal Polytechnic Ede Crushed To Death As Petrol Tanker Falls / 6 Die In Accident At Oko Polytechnic In Anambra.Graphic Pics / Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja Flooded After Heavy Downpour.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.