Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin (33768 Views)

Niger Air Space Closure Fall Out: British Airways Forced On 10-Hour ‘Flight / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by faoogoke(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
I have always had it smooth traveling mainly from maiduguri to Abuja with either max Air or Azman until I decided to try aero for a change. It remains my worst air travel experience.
I got to the airport at maiduguri only to be told that my flight departed two hours earlier and that email and sms was sent. Well I didn't receive any. I asked for a refund and was promptly given but then I had to pay almost double to book max air that was to depart later in the evening.
I think we need to name and shame these useless airlines.
Peace is always in the news for bad reasons and it beats my imagination why people still use them. I'd rather trek than buy that airlines ticket.
The regulators are aiding this madness by withholding sanctions.

2 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Eaglesence: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
Re: https://www.nairaland.com/6896135/passengers-visit-toilet-panic-grips

I saw the above post recently and it reminded me of similar experience I had just last month.

Here goes...

Well, merry Christmas to you.

Where there is life, there sure is hope

Which airline was that abeg? Man must avoid nonsense sad

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
Princeton92:
I'm in love with your use of words politely cool grin

Hehe thanks Sir wink

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Taxi on the runway.

Funny story. Never imagined this could happen.

Well, we didn't exactly taxi on the runway as that would have been impossible given the traffic situation above. We utilized the normal taxiway but delay came from the guys who were landing.

At the end of the day, you are right. This experience is only best IMAGINED.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
Eaglesence:

Well, merry Christmas to you.

Where there is life, there sure is hope

Which airline was that abeg? Man must avoid nonsense sad

Lol... I'm not one for naming and shaming but in all honesty it was no fault of the airline's.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
GboyegaD:
Not really but one I encountered and promised myself to avoid any connecting flight through Charlotte although this was about a decade ago.

It was on a summer morning and we had too many airplanes about taking off. We spent almost 45minutes before it got to our turn. I think when we got to the runway, another airline were the ones given clearance and until all their planes had gone before AA planes started flying.

For the most of it though, I sleep off once we are about taxiing except it is an airport in flying off from for the 1st time.

People who sleep once they board dont know what God has done for them. I envy you guys... A LOT! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by seunaj: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

I saw the above post recently and it reminded me of similar experience I had just last month.

Here goes...

I love the way you write

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by tonididdy(m): 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
Falzxo:
How many hours from Lagos to Benin by road now
4 to 5hrs max
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by GboyegaD(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

People who sleep once they board dont know what God has done for them. I envy you guys... A LOT! cheesy

What to do? I don't pay anything happens but if it does, the chance of survival is small so why worry?

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
GboyegaD:

What to do? I don't pay anything happens but if it does, the chance of survival is small so why worry?

Lol... abi?!
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Twoclans(f): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Your narration of the event is spot on.I dont ever wish to be in this kind of situation abeg.

Most of my flying experience has been hassle free.I really wish to fly international someday .I hear the experience on some of the top tier airlines is amazing.

But first let me get an international passport and in kwin Pocos voice I need to get a rich sugar daddy also.(rolls eyes)

2 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by BRATISLAVA: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Well, we didn't exactly taxi on the runway as that would have been impossible given the traffic situation above. We utilized the normal taxiway but delay came from the guys who were landing.

At the end of the day, you are right. This experience is only best IMAGINED.

I mean what you described is a taxi on the runway situation. They are acting like they are picking passengers in a taxi.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by BRATISLAVA: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
pocohantas:

Hahahaha. BRA done vex o. Tbh they keep to time with morning flights. That is not to say there won’t be situations like yours sha. Disappointment is a Nigerian thing. Sorry about your experience ehn. embarassed

Thank you.

But this morning flight part? I will fight it to the last: they delay morning flights like they were contracted to punish passengers.

I left without breakfast thinking I would get to my destination in a short while and have it, but all they heartlessly gave us are those baby bottles of water and not even box juice! I had finished mine before takeoff. Can't describe the punishment after boarding, to sit and marinate in heat. I got to my destination after lunch and had to eat overpriced food on arrival before getting out.

Now imagine coming down from such a flight and getting into an Uber only to discover on leaving the airport that it doesn't have an AC?

Isn't that transportation witchcraft?

This is more than vexation. It's happened several times. It's a pattern. They really need to be fined for that. Such few flights yet so many delays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by ShowmeHeaven(m): 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
I was really chuckling while reading your ordeal. � Truly it was like a simulation hahaha.

2 Likes

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by alexola20(m): 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
Only in 9ja.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by progressing(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
I slept off and missed flight after checking waiting for connecting flight, last flight of the day fa nd no extra cash
It was crazy, flight customer care was worse
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by iLegendd(m): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
Arik did this to me, but not as bad as yours. I only spent 1 hour inside without aircon. It was hell and everyone was sweating. Dem come even give us puff puff to chop like say we be hungry kids. I started asking myself, "But Emirate I just alighted wasn't like this na."

This was when I realized airlines have levels. One other airline I wouldn't want to mention almost crashed midair. People were panicking, but I wasn't bothered. Accident doesn't scare me.

As long as I'm inside the car or plane, I know nothing terrible will happen and even if it does, everyone will be safe.

This is just an ingrained belief I have and it saves me from panicking and keeps my heart at peace. Anything can happen, but I have trained my mind to always be positive and this has become my confidence booster not to panic when in despair. The mind is a powerful place.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Hifeylove: 12:55am On Dec 27, 2021
Tell us how many shot of pix you took within that four hours?!
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by IbrahimSkiba(f): 1:09am On Dec 27, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Here goes...

Osheyy grammarian.

Please do endeavor to write use some mind blowing novels... It would be interesting to read

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Beesluv: 6:35am On Dec 27, 2021
The airpeace flight that was meant to take off by 10am from lagos to kano was being delayed without announcement, but i was calm cos i asked those around and they said they were on same flight and i had to go to work the following day.

All of a sudden, they announced it has been postponed to 5pm. I had to go back home and came back around 4.30. only to hear that message was sent to passengers that its now 6pm, but i didn't get the message.

Finally we were called for boarding few minutes to 9pm. You need to see how we all ran to board, because the next flights were merged together with ours, since they were also delayed, so nobody wants to hear no space especially those of us that waited since morning.

It was an exhausting wait

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by kaylo31(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2021
The delay due to refueling could have been averted with proper ops planning. Was the drunk passenger taken off the aircraft, cos if yes, when he was being taken off the airplane could have been refueled
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by sarris(m): 7:15am On Dec 27, 2021
Nigeria domestic flights are improving gradually, at least we get better by the day. I have not really experienced any of this sad experience and l will not experience it, whether flying early morning or in the evening.

1 Like

Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by Goldentulip2: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
PS, have you had any such crazy experiences?

I'd love to read them grin

Edit: Wow! We made front page!!! cheesy thanks to Seun and the Mod that gave us this awesome Christmas gift.
No please. I pray it remains so mate
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by showafrica(m): 11:18am On Dec 27, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:

Here goes...

Black people dey craze... The first time they turned left them no no say fuel don dey finish. Imagine if they had taken off and there was delay in landing due to weather or something else, una go just fall for ground.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by mrdipye(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2021
Honestly this is so funny
I can't believe you guys turned back because of a drunk.
Like WTF, anyways thank God you finally landed in your destination peacefully
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by OLULAW: 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Absolutely nothing will make me travel by air within Nigeria, nothing.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by OLULAW: 1:50pm On Dec 27, 2021
showafrica:

Black people dey craze... The first time they turned left them no no say fuel don dey finish. Imagine if they had taken off and there was delay in landing due to weather or something else, una go just fall for ground.

Very true.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by kingreign(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2021
OLULAW:

Very true.

OLULAWO??. shocked
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Twoclans:
Your narration of the event is spot on.I dont ever wish to be in this kind of situation abeg.

Most of my flying experience has been hassle free.I really wish to fly international someday .I hear the experience on some of the top tier airlines is amazing.

But first let me get an international passport and in kwin Pocos voice I need to get a rich sugar daddy also.(rolls eyes)

Well it depends on your budget. Some travel companies organize pocket friendly trips to countries like UAE, Mauritius, Seychelles, etc. Some of these packages I hear are as low as 500k per person so just make your findings, plan your budget then save.

Wakanow even has an option for you to pay monthly (this is not an ad).

However, in response to your "top tier Airlines experience", some of the packages offered by these companies are budget friendly, so utilize African Airlines.

I cannot speak on the experience in African Airlines for international travel, but in the grand scheme of things, their services cannot be so bad... you cant compare with the likes of Emirates, Qatar, Virgin, etc, but at the same time, once you land at DXB, it would not matter.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hifeylove:
Tell us how many shot of pix you took within that four hours?!

Lol your comment made me chuckle because I usually (sometimes?) take selfies on my flights, but on this day, maybe because of the initial delay, I took no pictures.

In hindsight if I did take any pics that day, I would be traumatized seeing it again.
Re: My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin by TheGreatIYANU: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
kaylo31:
The delay due to refueling could have been averted with proper ops planning. Was the drunk passenger taken off the aircraft, cos if yes, when he was being taken off the airplane could have been refueled

When the Cabin Crew stabilized the guy, the Pilots decided to continue with the flight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Downpour Destroys Owerri-Onitsha Federal Highway : Pics & Video / 18 Die In Motor Accident In Jigawa (Graphic Photos) / Just Before You Leave Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.