Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube (15352 Views)

Blogging Or Vlogging: Which Is More Advisable? / Blogging Or Youtube Channels? / Thread: Blogging Or Vlogging ? | Vlogging And Blogging Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by sugbontabi: 11:04am On Dec 23, 2021
Both requires effort
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by MTNNG(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2021
BLOGGING .
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by West2019(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2021
HenryDion:
To make it in YouTube, you really have to know your onions.

I'm talking about your audio, video quality, and content.

Post trash and you'll be watching your video alone

So, you'll need sound systems, a DSLR camera at least, a video editing skill ...

You might even need to hire two or three hands cause you can't do it alone most times.

Blogging, on the other hand isn't easy, but it's cheaper.

To break through, you really need to know how to write.

That's a skill you can't do without.

You'll also need to have some webmaster skills to be able to troubleshoot some issues.

There's a lot that goes into blogging.

The fact is, none is easy.

Consider both pros and cons, and choose your poison wisely.

Alas, your commitment is what determines if you succeed or not.

Peace.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by bluefilm: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2021
What's your motivation for starting?

Money, right?

Go for both of them.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by sofiscatedmoron: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2021
It ages to get money from there
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Fantazy(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2021
Nobody talked about the fact that one will need to promote with money, either YouTube or Blog to get enough audience

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by falcon01: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2021
Yankee101:
Both nko?
IKR?
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Bundle002(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2021
How do I start blogging
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 23, 2021
YouTube
But if you want to enter blogging, you need to do something very interesting or controversial like gistlover for you to blow very fast
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Uchedizzy(f): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2021
Following
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by FrenchXpert(f): 11:19am On Dec 23, 2021
Blogging. YouTube is really hard to keep up with believe me. It also depends on the niche. Blogging about Education, Travel, Employment or general information for instance will fetch you more just for the consistency because for YouTube, people will look for your face and experience and you will wear out quickly. With blogging, you have a space to be creative or to just load information, vlogging, you have to be interesting at all times or spend a lot of money to showcase your experience, you really have to be made already.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by danowena: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2021
HenryDion:
To make it in YouTube, you really have to know your onions.

I'm talking about your audio, video quality, and content.

Post trash and you'll be watching your video alone

So, you'll need sound systems, a DSLR camera at least, a video editing skill ...

You might even need to hire two or three hands cause you can't do it alone most times.

Blogging, on the other hand isn't easy, but it's cheaper.

To break through, you really need to know how to write.

That's a skill you can't do without.

You'll also need to have some webmaster skills to be able to troubleshoot some issues.

There's a lot that goes into blogging.

The fact is, none is easy.

Consider both pros and cons, and choose your poison wisely.

Alas, your commitment is what determines if you succeed or not.

Peace.

Your response shows you are very knowledgeable in this space. A quick question from me though, you mentioned the DLSR camera as a good option for video but won't the video quality from a good iphone camera suffice? e.g. iphone 11 ,12 or 13.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Cyriloha(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2021
Go start with hacking.....
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by juman(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2021
I go for youtube.

If you do funny videos you can get popular quick.
Funny videos similar to people with many millions followers o.
For example you can go to university and be sharing twenty thousand naira each to five students. Those that answered your easy questions correctly.
Put it on your youtube. Do similar things regularly.
Watch how foreigners do their funny skits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by NiggasInParis: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2021
None. tongue

Blogging no de hot again. You need to have lots of good and relevant content in your target niche to start with..Most people cashing out now resort to gossip and enetertainment news and we know as e de be for that lane....Lies and fake news.

Youtube is very f*cking competitive. Every Tom, dick and harry with phone wan start channel. Some that don't even have one sense of humor suddenly realize say na comedy be their calling because they see some rank of skits comm makers on the rise...

My simple pick is Crypto grin Dae there de dull now, Crypto sweet

If you want access my secret Crypto trading bot i use to make steady profits without lifting a finger to trade send email to highvaluestacks@gmail.com

In spirit of Christmas i will give access to only 10 people.. Na free oh, hian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Please i need u guy's help.. Please, it's a school fees issue. Please this is nt a scam as i wont be collect d fee 4rm u but providing my student portal for u to make payments yourselves..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Newyorkitis(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Do the both in my opinion.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Maybe I'll look into blogging in the New Year. I've never really considered it before.

I have a few YouTube channels

This is my daily one - all videos are 1-minute or less
https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina

Here's today's upload:
Duration: 55 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qliAoBBP4

And this is a new channel launched yesterday - with my husband
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbOLc7mDbJrPb9lz_4yYRPQ

This is our intro video:
Duration: 1 minute 17 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_rJMwEhyNU

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by cjudy(m): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2021
Dating
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by kaywhy09(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2021
Either, if content is unique

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by obembet(f): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Blogging

Youtube is also blogging but video blogging.

It is hard to grow a YouTube channel, you need to get about 1k sub and 4000 watch hours to start to monetize content.

But if you have a good camera, good audio and you can edit your video and good content, money for ads, you will get followers.

Most Youtubers with large followers have professional team behind them which makes their job easier.

Don't forget cpm is very low in Nigeria, so your content need to be targeting countries with high cpm to break even.

Also youtube takes around 55% of your revenue.

You also have US tax to pay, if your content is targeting US viewers

The upside is if you are consistent, you can make it but be ready to pay a price of complete dedication to content creation .

The downside is that, you might spend lot of money to create quality content and you won't get views.

I think I need to learn more from you
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by powerm2: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2021
Please more explanation, I want to start any one, how can one start. More reaction.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by rattlesnake(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2021
find job
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by webincomeplus(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2021
NiggasInParis:
None. tongue

Blogging no de hot again. You need to have lots of good and relevant content in your target niche to start with..Most people cashing out now resort to gossip and enetertainment news and we know as e de be for that lane....Lies and fake news.

Youtube is very f*cking competitive. Every Tom, dick and harry with phone wan start channel. Some that don't even have one sense of humor suddenly realize say na comedy be their calling because they see some rank of skits comm makers on the rise...

My simple pick is Crypto grin Dae there de dull now, Crypto sweet

If you want access my secret Crypto trading bot i use to make steady profits without lifting a finger to trade send email to highvaluestacks@gmail.com

In spirit of Christmas i will give access to only 10 people.. Na free oh, hian
Blogging is still hot as ever. The problem is most Nigerians don't have the know-how and smartness to keep up with the dizzying pace at which niche blogging and SEO is moving. The few who do are still smiling to the bank.

Go to sites like Flippa, Empire Flippers, Motion Invest, and so on. You'd see tons of blogs on sale that are generating top dollars. Of course, they weren't built within just one day or few weeks. That takes us to the biggest problems Nigerians now have with blogging -- impatience, inconsistency, and unwillingness to move with quality content trends.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2021
danowena:

Your response shows you are very knowledgeable in this space. A quick question from me though, you mentioned the DLSR camera as a good option for video but won't the video quality from a good iphone camera suffice? e.g. iphone 11 ,12 or 13.

You can shot with an iPhone ... You just have to be creative in terms of camera angles and lighting ...

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Omeizadean(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2021
How about YouTube versus Tiktok?

Which one have faster monetizing rate these days?
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Thanos5555: 11:53am On Dec 23, 2021
OGa the thing amongst what you listed is not which is better, it is which do you have more contents to publish in,

No be Sabon-gari market you dey talk about, you are talking about a content dependent market,

So go and sit down and ask yourself where do you have more contents to offer.

Good bye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by NiggasInParis: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2021
webincomeplus:

Blogging is still hot as ever. The problem is most Nigerians don't have the know-how and smartness to keep up with the dizzying pace at which niche blogging and SEO is moving. The few who do are still smiling to the bank.

Go to sites like Flippa, Empire Flippers, Motion Invest, and so on. You'd see tons of blogs on sale that are generating top dollars. Of course, they weren't built within just one day or few weeks. That takes us to the biggest problems Nigerians now have with blogging -- impatience, inconsistency, and unwillingness to move with quality content trends.

Yes man! Good point made. But it still takes us back to what i hinted earlier which is content. Blogging thrives on content. An Established blog generating good income got to that level of success with consistency in dishing out steady 'content'. Even if times has changed, the Major anchor of blogging is still content. CONTENT in KING. And just like you said, Most people(Nigerians especially) these days are not only not just impatient, but don't have content. I am talking High engaging, relevant, SEO ranking monetizable content!!!

Have these - and money will flow your way be it with Blogging or Youtube.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by NiggasInParis: 11:59am On Dec 23, 2021
Thanos5555:
OGa the thing amongst what you listed is not which is better, it is which do you have more contents to publish in,

No be Sabon-gari market you dey talk about, you are talking about a content dependent market,

So go and sit down and ask yourself where do you have more contents to offer.

Good bye

GBAM! Thread Closed!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by udemzeus(m): 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
If you have nice contents contents go on YouTube then transfer after those traffic to your blog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post Your Website Or Blog Here And Get A Full FREE Review / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort / Which Data Plan Is Best For Bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.