Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,781 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube (15344 Views)

Blogging Or Vlogging: Which Is More Advisable? / Blogging Or Youtube Channels? / Thread: Blogging Or Vlogging ? | Vlogging And Blogging Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
IdeasPro:

Which is better between owning your house or living in a rented apartment? If you create a blog, you own your business but YouTube is a rented space that can be taken from you at any time. But because it is free to start YouTube channel, there is no harm using it as additional source of targeted traffic to your blog.

Nice analogy. I prefer to own my apartment so I can plant flowers as I like smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Mactons(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
I disagree with you. If you don't know, ask.

HenryDion:
To make it in YouTube, you really have to know your onions.

I'm talking about your audio, video quality, and content.

Post trash and you'll be watching your video alone

So, you'll need sound systems, a DSLR camera at least, a video editing skill ...

You might even need to hire two or three hands cause you can't do it alone most times.

Blogging, on the other hand isn't easy, but it's cheaper.

To break through, you really need to know how to write.

That's a skill you can't do without.

You'll also need to have some webmaster skills to be able to troubleshoot some issues.

There's a lot that goes into blogging.

The fact is, none is easy.

Consider both pros and cons, and choose your poison wisely.

Alas, your commitment is what determines if you succeed or not.

Peace.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Starboytwo(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
YouTube is bae.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by KillerBeauty(f): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
HenryDion:

Without a good and video quality, the viral potential of your content drastically reduce.

Whatever you're creating, there's someone who have done an even better job.

You need that view? You gotta up your game cause competition is real.

You might endure watching a blurry and shaky camera video with a squeaky sound,

A large majority don't.
True. But if you create a YouTube channel with only the intention of making viral videos and getting a huge following, so you can make quick money then you will be disappointed. Some YouTubers get lucky tho that their videos blow up quickly while others take years of solid grinding. Same with blogs. But most times that's not the case. There are alot of YouTubers like Marques Brownlee the tech guy, he said he put out more than 100 videos before he hit 100 subscribers mark. Now he has millions and an entire production team.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by KillerBeauty(f): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

By watch hour you mean the number of hours viewers spend on your blog?
I think it means 4000 views in all your videos combined but I'm not quite sure tho

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
webincomeplus:

Yes, I am. Glad to know my blog has been of value to you. Yes, I've left the blog for some time to focus on my other more profitable blogs.

Actually, I'm now into building blogs from scratch and selling them of when they start generating decent income (flipping).

Wow. Nice to finally meet you on this space space sir, you have no idea how much your blog did for me. Although I gave up after sometime but I am back now.

Talking about flipping, how profitable is it from your experience? How long do you work a blog before you deem it ready to sell?

Would also delight to have you share me some expert tips that will help in Blogging business with your wealth of experience if you don't mind.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
KillerBeauty:

I think it means 4000 views in all your videos combined but I'm not quite sure tho

Ok
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by jimmynauty: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Follo
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by webincomeplus(m): 8:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Enrypech:

Wow. Nice to finally meet you on this space space sir, you have no idea how much your blog did for me. Although I gave up after sometime but I am back now.

Talking about flipping, how profitable is it from your experience? How long do you work a blog before you deem it ready to sell?

Would also delight to have you share me some expert tips that will help in Blogging business with your wealth of experience if you don't mind.
Flipping is quite profitable, but it requires that you really know what you're doing. On average it takes me between 9 to 18 months to grow a site up to the point when I deem it ripe for sale. And sites are typically sold for 20 to 40 times the average monthly income.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2021
webincomeplus:

Flipping is quite profitable, but it requires that you really know what you're doing. On average it takes me between 9 to 18 months to grow a site up to the point when I deem it ripe for sale. And sites are typically sold for 20 to 40 times the average monthly income.

Wow, thanks!. I think you had written an article on this in your blog a few years where you gave examples of doing same thing. I remember now! I might to revisit the post again. Thank you sir
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

Ok

Not really. It means all your videos have been been watched for a combined time of 4000 hours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Fantazy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
I'm starting YouTube, as a skit comedian
By God's grace.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Afro910: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
KingLennon:
Bombing...

What is bombing
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 9:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Fantazy:
I'm starting YouTube, as a skit comedian
By God's grace.

Great. I hope you have begun building social media followers though. It's very important in your niche
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Fantazy(m): 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
Enrypech:

Great. I hope you have begun building social media followers though. It's very important in your niche

Yeah, doing that little by little. Though there'll be need to also promote with money so as to get many followers on time
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by FaithOnDemand: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
Meanwhile there is a platform for immediate monetization of blog post. Its based on the crypto block chain where you earn Cryptos by blogging. You can sell you Cryptos or stake it. Its left to you.

What I love about the platform is the fact that there is no thresh hold of any sort. Its simply earn as you post.

Here is a detailed video on this opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rCy-PMJtY
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by FaithOnDemand: 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2021
Eastcoastboy:

How long does it take for your video to be published?

Once I click the publish button, I takes 30minutes on an average to get published.

Youtube Shorts are way faster.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by FaithOnDemand: 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Gns247:
How long have you been doing it and what's your biggest challenge so far?

4months.

Making out time as a new mom to record a video. Motherhood is tasking and I have not been able to find the balance. Perhaps when my baby starts schooling. For now, I post irregularly and with enough background noise. I just can't seal my baby's mouth can I? Lol
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
FaithOnDemand:

Once I click the publish button, I takes 30minutes on an average to get published.

Youtube Shorts are way faster.

Nice, thank you.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Bush2013: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
webincomeplus:

do you have google adsense you are selling??
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by webincomeplus(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Bush2013:
do you have google adsense you are selling??
No.
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 7:44am On Dec 31, 2021
2022 is here. Entering with a focus or still want to gamble through?
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Theophinio(m): 12:12am On Jan 02, 2022
FrenchXpert:
Blogging. YouTube is really hard to keep up with believe me. It also depends on the niche. Blogging about Education, Travel, Employment or general information for instance will fetch you more just for the consistency because for YouTube, people will look for your face and experience and you will wear out quickly. With blogging, you have a space to be creative or to just load information, vlogging, you have to be interesting at all times or spend a lot of money to showcase your experience, you really have to be made already.

Youtube

Let me use your area of specialization as a case study which is French

You can make huge money on youtube teaching french or a "faceless" youtube channel than blogging

I consider youtube very pocket friendly to start with, I mean you can easily start up with $0 compared to blogging which requires a substantial amount to begin with

Once you have substantial knowledge about a particular niche you can easily get subscribers and views when you understand how to "optimize"

Your handwork can yield results faster if you can implement the rules of "thumbnail" "optimization", and "tagging".

But you really need a lot of time before you can make headway on blogging

I personally prefers faceless channel, you can move with speed if you are into "podcasts" kind of presentation especially for teaching eg French basic course

Merci
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by iwuchukwutony(m): 11:29am On Jan 03, 2022
For me blogging is everything, apart from the fact that blogging has many monetization options. You can profit from blogging if you have good seo metrics with that companies will be paying you on monthly basics if you apply with them. All you have to do is login to your account and withdraw to your local bank account monthly because the monetization is automated, they will monetize your blog through contextual ads and guest posting so they bid on your behalf. And the publication is automated.

And you will still be getting paid from individuals and companies as well like guest posting, incontent text ads, affiliates etc. But youtube has billions of competitors and could take some time like months to get paid. And it cost more to maintain. But you can have it as an additional source of income when you have extra cash to pay companies that will set it up.

But i enjoy blogging because some times i get paid more than 300k per month some times 200k and some times 100k plus but it always coming and the sweet part of blogging is that you can sell your site very high whenever you like because the more you maintain the seo of your site the higher your site cost. I have seen individuals who end up selling their blogs millions of dollars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Enrypech: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Blogging qualifies as a passive income investment idea as it's location independent and will bring in steady income once it's all built and running
Re: Which Is Better To Start In 2022: Blogging Or Youtube by Bush2013: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2022
iwuchukwutony:
For me blogging is everything, apart from the fact that blogging has many monetization options. You can profit from blogging if you have good seo metrics with that companies will be paying you on monthly basics if you apply with them. All you have to do is login to your account and withdraw to your local bank account monthly because the monetization is automated, they will monetize your blog through contextual ads and guest posting so they bid on your behalf. And the publication is automated.

And you will still be getting paid from individuals and companies as well like guest posting, incontent text ads, affiliates etc. But youtube has billions of competitors and could take some time like months to get paid. And it cost more to maintain. But you can have it as an additional source of income when you have extra cash to pay companies that will set it up.

But i enjoy blogging because some times i get paid more than 300k per month some times 200k and some times 100k plus but it always coming and the sweet part of blogging is that you can sell your site very high whenever you like because the more you maintain the seo of your site the higher your site cost. I have seen individuals who end up selling their blogs millions of dollars.
Hi good morning. Do you know about pushing traffic with money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Post Your Website Or Blog Here And Get A Full FREE Review / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort / Gsm Number Generator Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.