Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,999 members, 7,866,783 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent (10496 Views)

Breaking News: Ijaw Defense Council Will Be Live On Bonny Island. / Wike Imposes Curfew On Bonny, Onne Over COVID-19 / SPDC’s Force Majeure On Bonny Light Threatens 2020 Oil Revenue Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
Putindbutt:

Do i blame you?
There's something about you guys that is not alright. Perhaps, a kind of sickness that can never get a cure.

Why can't you correct her foolish talks, seeing her talk down on the reputation of Ted talk like illiterate market women gossips. As foolishly as you were trying to bring the standards of UI into disrepute on the front page.

Just to satisfy your lies,fabrications, condescending narratives, you wouldn't care to tarnish the image of reputable institutions both home & abroad which your generations can never attain.

First, it was UI, now it is Ted talk & you wonder why sensible people see you as a fool.
Talk with small sense.... Did the person who raised the issue about UI not bring evidence of publications and all the scholarly sins Alagoa commited. Was it not published on Cambridge and Swansea? Didn't they call out UI in the mistake?

Strange you call the girl market woman talk, while you just literarily dumbed down the whole talk.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Eastlink(m): 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

Talk with small sense.... Did the person who raised the issue about UI not bring evidence of publications and all the scholarly sins Alagoa commited. Was it not published on Cambridge and Swansea? Didn't they call out UI in the mistake?

Strange you call the girl market woman talk, while you just literarily dumbed down the whole talk.
Hi bro wats up.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Putindbutt: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

Pls, God gave you a brain for a use, if you cannot use it, then i'm sorry, I can't help you.

Google " the chronicle of Bonny by Alagoa". The results would give you lists of libraries where his book is available for sale.
Aside, Cambridge, the book is also available on worldcat, National library of Australia collection, Africa books Collective, Amazon,etc.whereby there is no such review.

The review of LATHAM was a personal opinion which does not affect the general acceptability of the book on several national & international libraries.
I'm beginning to doubt your literacy level. You talk like a school drop out.

University of Ibadan Press was the publishing company, therefore, its name has to appear on the book. There's no book anywhere in the world that is not published by a publishing company and every book carries the name of its publisher.

There has been no review on other platforms, if you want to review his book, go and register as a member like LATHAM did, so you can give your own opinion just as LATHAM did.

I'm taking my time to explain this much because i realized a lot of you are so dumb.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Putindbutt:
Take a look at the snippet below, what do you discover?

The whites had done a great disservice to the minority tribes of the Niger delta by classifying a lot of the tribes as ibo. I would be less harsh on the whites for the fact that they lacked the understanding of the unique dialectical and geographical distribution of many tribes of the Niger delta, thereby wrongfully lumping together a lot as being ibos.
Ibos started began leaving the hinterland through slavery and then after, heavy migration to settle among many tribes of the Niger delta. By their huge population concentration, ibos could easily submerged, overwhelm & greatly influence their host minorities. Little wonder, many of their surrounding neighbors with whom they share boundaries are heavily influenced and most times, acculturated.

The submission of the author in No72 is a great injustice against the minorities who clearly have their own distinct identities different from the ibos. Ibos spoken by a great number of tribes does not & never will make them ibo. It is only circumstantial that ibos are spoken, often times, adopted by these tribes. Sometimes, as a second language. The large number of ibos in the Niger delta gives ibos undue advantage and commanding influence over tribes with smaller numbers.

JANK23H
Alabo7978
Oyatz
Anonymous15
Yes,, and that's what those circus freaks use as leverage to claim because many of them have never even been to the Port Harcourt before let alone the Niger delta.
That was why a second expedition was carried out by Merrick and Sir John Clarke who started compiling the ijo DIALECTs. Sir Edwin Norris was a contributor too.
On the first screenshot i shall show you is that of John Clarke on his ijoid Language compilation.

The second and third screenshot are the words curled from Dr Köler a German medical doctor who worked at Bonny.

The thing is that those clowns are holding on to weeded, false and obsolete materials.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Igboid: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:

Yes,, and that's what those circus freaks use as leverage to claim because many of them have never even been to the Port Harcourt before let alone the Niger delta.
That was why a second expedition was carried out by Merrick and Sir John Clarke who started compiling the ijo DIALECTs. Sir Edwin Norris was a contributor too.
On the first screenshot i shall show you is that of John Clarke on his ijoid Language compilation.

The second and third screenshot are the words curled from Dr Köler a German medical doctor who worked at Bonny.

The thing is that those clowns are holding on to weeded, false and obsolete materials.
Anonymous15:

Deleted
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Putindbutt:

Pls, God gave you a brain for a use, if you cannot use it, then i'm sorry, I can't help you.

Google " the chronicle of Bonny by Alagoa". The results would give you lists of libraries where his book is available for sale.
Aside, Cambridge, the book is also available on worldcat, National library of Australia collection, Africa books Collective, Amazon,etc.whereby there is no such review.

The review of LATHAM was a personal opinion which does not affect the general acceptability of the book on several national & international libraries.
I'm beginning to doubt your literacy level. You talk like a school drop out.

University of Ibadan Press was the publishing company, therefore, its name has to appear on the book. There's no book anywhere in the world that is not published by a publishing company and every book carries the name of its publisher.

There has been no review on other platforms, if you want to review his book, go and register as a member like LATHAM did, so you can give your own opinion just as LATHAM did.

I'm taking my time to explain this much because i realized a lot of you are so dumb.
You are really not intelligent.

Anyone can write a book.50 Cent can write a book today and it will be hosted in the best libraries in the world, but the scholarly properties is a different matter.

Alagoa could or will not make that book into a scholarly journal for instance because as you can see it does not meet minimum requirements. I mean, he did not even reference properly nor make reference to original documents.
Even scholars who sight him make notes down to clarify that that is his own version of history and not the actual truth.

He cannot and never made the book into a journal, which is usually the dream of most scholars who write a thesis.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
Eastlink:
Hi bro wats up.
Good Nwanne. Kedu kwanu?
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
IDENNAA:

I stopped reading at the point you started drooling about enslaving your SUPERIORS; in a million years to come no Ijaw town can ever enslave the tiniest Igbo kindred , not even a town. See your mouth and enslavement. If wishes were horses beggers would ride.

Scram the ffuck out with your pathetic wishes. There is a reason why you eidiots are forcing Bonny people to learn Ibani Egere , you have no history to be proud of , except your forceful attachment to Bonny.

Sweet shocker ...

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

It seems you are mentally challenged. I wanted to use Warri as a form of sacarcism and later changed my mind but forget to change the name.

Are you blind, can't you see the woman boldly wrote Bonny as her home town?

You doubted her origin first. She never mentioned Ijaw in any of her statement to start with.

By Igbo, she means her grandmum is from the South-East.

You cannot remove their origin never!
Fool
I simply stated what you showed us "warri and Bonny" because your entire being and intentions are coated with lies.
Keep forgetting,
Soon you'll forget your destiny.
"Mr I wanted to"
Keep wanting and forgetting.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

You are really not intelligent.

Anyone can write a book.50 Cent can write a book today and it will be hosted in the best libraries in the world, but the scholarly properties is a different matter.

Alagoa could or will not make that book into a scholarly journal for instance because as you can see it does not meet minimum requirements. I mean, he did not even reference properly nor make reference to original documents.
Even scholars who sight him make notes down to clarify that that is his own version of history and not the actual truth.

He cannot and never made the book into a journal, which is usually the dream of most scholars who write a thesis.
But crow's work is scholarly, lmao.
Someone that compiled the so called "Igbo words of Bonny" but casually added ibani-ijo words.
Paul hair in 1957 was the first bibliographer to start pointing it out.
Please ladies and gentlemen of the Igbo landgrabbing circus of HINTERLAND, what is brakey?

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Liebermantic:

See the original name of Pepple and he said he is Igbo
No gentleman, this one.
Show us the full script because I was reading something that picked my interest, I want to see the end... And mind you, if you refuse to show me, you will be guilty of hiding reliable information in ending this debate once and for all.

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
Eastlink:
Hi bro wats up.
Here is another Alagoa's fraud exposed.

People saw this pattern of Alagoa rewriting Bonny`s history.
This is Heagreaves who collected extensive letter and original records of Bonny.

She also recorded that the king in Bonny exchanged letters with Horton who also recorded Bonnians as Igbos.

She also mentioned that many records from the Pepple`s (who are the core Igbo royals) were destroyed during the Biafra wars

What was their motivation, wiping out those records?

The records even showed that Bonny got money from their Igbo brothers to execute a war.

CC:
Igboid
Bkayy
Slayerforever
Vintagepipes

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

This will be the last time any of us will show you pirates anything.

Bonny was, is and will forever remain Igbo.
Bkayy God will bless you, you have become my favorite clown.
This is the final thing you've shown and it is indeed Cherished.

Please one more request from the circus why did the Aborigines name Bonny after the bird okulo (curlew)
Please what do you ibos call the curlew bird

Please to those of the circus who say ijo isn't Oru, look at your prove here, look at the second circled words.

Bkayy you're my Gee...

Igbo circus, please answer this questions
JANK23H robbstark dubailandlord4

Let's watch how they're meander from this.

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2021
The moment Bonny Igbo kinsmen from the hinterland sent down a huge Elephant to Bonny Island for the remembrance of Late Peppels Father.

cc SlayerForever, Igboid, Ekealterego, ThickSharon123...

Alabo7978, Putingdbutt and the other pirate, you are invited to read as well

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2021
Alabo7978:

Bkayy God will bless you, you have become my favorite clown.
This is the final thing you've shown and it is indeed Cherished.

Please one more request from the circus why did the Aborigines name Bonny after the bird okulo (curlew)
Please what do you ibos call the curlew bird

Please to those of the circus who say ijo isn't Oru, look at your prove here, look at the second circled words.

Bkayy you're my Gee...

Igbo circus, please answer this questions
JANK23H robbstark dubailandlord4

Let's watch how they're meander from this.
We call it "Okulo/Okòló/okuru".
And the page that I sent, which you cut and reposted started like this.
The "BONNY PEOPLE CLAIM IGBO DESCENT" was too obvious to the blind except a drunk man like you

2 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

We call it "Okulo/Okòló/okuru".
And the page started like this. The "Bonny people claim Igbo descent" was too obvious to the blind except a drunk man like you
I smell lies... But if true, it could be due to the niger-congo branch thing.

From the screenshot I circled, please translate curlew fly away.
The ibani-ijaw say okuloma,
What does the ibos say for the curlew bird to fly away.
Let's here from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:
The moment Bonny Igbo kinsmen from the hinterland sent down a huge Elephant to Bonny Island for the remembrance of Late Peppels Father.

Mumu, so a business partner sending gift to their neighbor or business partner does mean otherwise to you abi?
Even the nembe-ijaw people send gifts to itshekiri you dunce.
Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 9:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Alabo7978:

I smell lies... But if true, it could be due to the niger-congo branch thing.

From the screenshot I circled, please translate curlew fly away.
The ibani-ijaw say okuloma,
What does the ibos say for the curlew bird to fly away.
Let's here from you.
@ emboldened, Jo men don't speak the branch of Nigeria congo (Atlantic-congo) where names like Okulo, okolo, Emeka, ejike etc fall under.

So I ask again for the umpteenth time, what concerns you savage pirates in all these things?

4 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
Alabo7978:

Mumu, so a business partner sending gift to their neighbor or business partner does mean otherwise to you abi?
Even the nembe-ijaw people send gifts to itshekiri you dunce.
When exactly did Nembe start being Ijaw? And show proof where a report before 20th century said "Ijaw" in any form, whether as Ejo or Jo men brought something to Warri.

This pages are obvious to even a goat.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Alabo7978(m): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

@ emboldened, Jo men don't speak the branch of Nigeria congo (Atlantic-congo) where names like Okulo, okolo, Emeka, ejike etc fall under.

So I ask again for the umpteenth time, what concerns you savage pirates in all these things?
No no no no..
Young Man you can't meander from this,
The ibani-ijaw say "okuloma meaning curlew fly away"
Please translate "curlew fly away" to ibo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Alabo7978:

No no no no..
Young Man you can't meander from this,
The ibani-ijaw say "okuloma meaning curlew fly away"
Please translate "curlew fly away" to ibo
Just read the first line of the page you are parading. This is a simple request. Do it in quote.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by SlayerForever: 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
Bkayy you're avoiding the question, answer!

Translate curlew fly away!
Ibani-ijaw say okuloma
What does the ibos say

Crafty clown!!

1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:
Bkayy you're avoiding the question, answer!

Translate curlew fly away!
Ibani-ijaw say okuloma
What does the ibos say

Crafty clown!!

You have been parading this same question for 2 months now. You have been answered 100 times by every single person.

I hope you do not have some other problems.

What does Ijaw got to do with anything here?

3 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

You have been parading this same question for 2 months now. You have been answered 100 times by every single person.

I hope you do not have some other problems.

What does Ijaw got to do with anything here?
Nigha you never ever ever ever translated "curlew fly away"
Translate "okuloma-curlew fly away in your dialect.

All this long talk because you can't.
Mind you, I hear igbo very well, so achoro' ke'gwam otuo'unu na e'kwu "curlew fly away" na-asusu'ibo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:

Nigha you never ever ever ever translated "curlew fly away"
Translate "okuloma-curlew fly away in your dialect.

All this long talk because you can't.
Mind you, I hear igbo very well, so achoro' ke'gwam otuo'unu na e'kwu "curlew fly away" na-asusu'ibo.

okay, let's go with that.

Curlew is an English word and corrupted to Oculo or culo (as written in history book)

Is curlew an Ijo word? What does Ijaw even come in ? I do not understand.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

Curlew is an English word and corrupted to Oculo or culo (as written in history book)

Jesus Christ!
Don't frickin go with anything...
Just look at pure broad day light avoidance.
The ibani people say "okuloma; meaning curlew fly away"
Bkayy provided the Excerpt.

Now tell me how you say "curlew fly away"
There was no corruption of anything. IT IS A DIALECT!
Curlew is still found in the English dictionary, no one corrupted anything!
Fucking tell me what "curlew fly away" in IBO!!!

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Ekealterego: 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:

Jesus Christ!
Don't frickin go with anything...
Just look at pure broad day light avoidance.
The ibani people say "okuloma; meaning curlew fly away"
Bkayy provided the Excerpt.

Now tell me how you say "curlew fly away"
There was no corruption of anything. IT IS A DIALECT!
Curlew is still found in the English dictionary, no one corrupted anything!
Fucking tell me what "curlew fly away" in IBO!!!
We see here that Curlew is okulo or Culo . which is how Bonnz was written in the past. I can give zou the meaning... But i want zou to solve it

What does Oma mean in Ijaw? How does it translate? Where do Ijo pirates who who were infesting the water and defecating in them. What is their business here?

Translate Oma in Izon.

2 Likes

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 10:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:

Je!
Always post the complete page

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

They still haven't told us where Ijaw fit into all these things.

Anonymous15 where does Ijaw fit into all these things?

1 Like

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ekealterego:

We see here that Curlew is okulo or Culo . which is how Bonnz was written in the past. I can give zou the meaning... But i want zou to solve it

What does Oma mean in Ijaw? How does it translate? Where do Ijo pirates who who were infesting the water and defecating in them. What is their business here?

Translate Oma in Izon.
Hey father lord!
Look at the bolded, see confusion and long grammar.
See moon choko.
How can I solve it?
Am I IBO??
Oga,, today na today, you can't run away from this
I repeat my question again, this is the except bkayy gave me.
Okuloma means (curlew fly away)
Leave plenty talk, simply tell me what curlew fly away is in IBO?
Or are you a Fulani man?
Shapely begin to call your other clowns to look for a concorted lie quick enough!
You must answer this thing today.
You won't buy time to be creatively stupid.

Re: Notable Ijaw Scholar's History Book On Bonny Called Out As Fraudulent by BKayy: 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2021
Anonymous15:

Hey father lord!
Look at the bolded, see confusion and long grammar.
See moon choko.
How can I solve it?
Am I IBO??
Oga,, today na today, you can't run away from this
I repeat my question again, this is the except bkayy gave me.
Okuloma means (curlew fly away)
Leave plenty talk, simply tell me what curlew fly away is in IBO?
Or are you a Fulani man?
Shapely begin to call your other clowns to look for a concorted lie quick enough!
You must answer this thing today.
You won't buy time to be creatively stupid.
The first line of the middle of the page you cut to the last paragraph already explains everything.
Stop beating a dead horse.

Jo men have no business in Bonny. Ekealterego, these Jo men have nothing to show.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Kano Court Of Appeal Ruling: Lawyers Back Verdict, Warn Critics / Lawmakers Accuses Jonathan Of Sponsoring Endorsement / Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.