Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,759 members, 7,813,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji (8957 Views)

Governor Oyebanji Pays Courtesy Visit To His Wife, Ekiti First Lady / Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC / Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by sojiboy(m): 7:02am On Dec 16, 2021
Ahead of the governorship primaries of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State slated for January 22, 2022, the immediate past secretary to the state government, Biodun Oyebanji has said he is well equipped and prepared for the task of governance in the state, saying he would never be an accidental governor.

He predicted that he would be the first homegrown politician and Ekiti citizen that would rule the state as Governor since the return to democracy in 1999.

The former SSG spoke on Wednesday separately in Ikole, Oye and Iye Ekiti, in Ikole, Oye and Ilejemeje local government areas of the state when his campaign train visited the councils to mobilise support for his ambition ahead of the next year’s governorship poll.

While applauding the APC leaders and members for the warm reception, Oyebanji, said he had received the best of pupillage in governance and politics from Governor Fayemi and the first executive Governor of the state, Niyi Adebayo, to be able to navigate the bumpy terrain and deliver.

According to him, “If I get the governorship ticket and win, I will be the first homeboy to be Ekiti governor. I schooled here in Ekiti from primary, secondary and up to the university level.

“I got a solid tutelage from Niyi Adebayo for four years and seven years under Governor Fayemi. Out of the 25 years of the creation of this State, I have received 11 years of experience as a public servant. If other aspirants come to you, ask them where they got their pupilage from to be able to do well as a governor.

“During the creation of Ekiti State in 1996, I was barely 27 years and I served as the Secretary of the Committee for the creation of our dear state. Through this opportunity, I knew what the vision was then.

“I can never be an accidental governor. I knew the vision of Governor Fayemi and if you don’t want everything he has done for Ekiti to get spoilt as it was after 2014, then vote for me in this primary.”

During the campaign tour, some members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly and local government chairmen endorsed the aspiration of Oyebanji.

Speaking on behalf of the lawmakers, the parliamentarians representing Ikole constituencies 1 and 2, Gboyega Aribisogan and Adeoye Aribasoye, described the former SSG as the most experienced to continue with the continuity agenda of Governor Kayode Fayemi.

Aribisogan, who is Majority Leader, Ekiti State House of Assembly, said, “This mammoth crowd of supporters you are seeing here and party bigwigs confirmed how acceptable Oyebanji is in Ikole Council.

“In Ikole local government, you are acceptable to us. We are happy with you and by the grace of God, we will demonstrate this in the primary. Some other aspirants will come, but this group consists of who -is -who in Ekiti APC and I know it shall translate to victory for you.”

Also endorsing the aspirant, the Chairman of Ikole local government, Sola Olominu, his counterparts from Ajoni and Ikole west local council development Areas, Michael Ogungbemi and Kayode Ogunsakin respectively, stated that Oyebanji possesses all the sterling qualities that can make him a good governor.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/ekiti-2022-iii-never-be-an-accidental-governor-%E2%80%95-oyebanji/

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Dorcmass(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2021
Na problem be that

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:06am On Dec 16, 2021
Lol! Their tongue is always sweeter than honey when they are campaigning for support for leadership,promising Heaven and Earth.Bunch of idiots.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Shedrack777: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2021
"i'll forever be an accidental governor". this is what he actually means

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Freedom of speech. Na you get your mouth, you can say anything

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by money121(m): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by LaSenior: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2021
cheesy

Uzodinjo own worst pass accidental governor

That man has wasted time doing nothing in IMO state

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
ad news early this morning, mtcheew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Babatindan: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Well done - come and see me
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by bcomputer101: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
By God's grace, Segun Oni is our next governor in Ekiti.

No room for Fayemi's puppet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by MarveworldG: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by possibilita(m): 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
And those who said "they will never " will be

In other news hit me up for your USA used laptops

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 16, 2021
This Country sef, We have Iberiberism Governor, We have Supreme Court Governor,

Now they want to add Accidental Governor to the list

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by suremossty(m): 7:18am On Dec 16, 2021
�� ashiwi koto ashiso
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by tfelicityk(m): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Until then
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by WonderManly(m): 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
You see...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by DeHorus: 7:20am On Dec 16, 2021
possibilita:

Price
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by possibilita(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2021
DeHorus:
Price
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by TeeGentle(m): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2021
God just let me be an accidental governor for ones

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by akinbode1(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2021
I'm rooting for Segun Oni.
No room for APC again in Ekiti State.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by israelmao(m): 7:27am On Dec 16, 2021
What Buhari didn't promise Nigerians before 2015 election?He promised to bring heaven on earth but he has only succeeded in bringing hell on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Knows(m): 7:29am On Dec 16, 2021
Who’s oyebanji? The one wey deh repair phone?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by slimghost(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2021
possibilita:

Price?
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by ipobarethieves: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2021
sad something tel me SEGUN ONI is the incoming gov

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Eriokanmi: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2021
Hmmm. Okay ooh. If you had the opportunity, thank your God. APC is the worst party I've ever seen. They nearly turned Nigeria into Afghanistan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by StreetFight: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2021
Another idiot

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by HRMK: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2021
i agree that this man has the exposure and experience to serve well as ekiti gov!
Re: Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji by Indispensable85(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2021
Fayemi didn't do much and he's not in good relationship with many party chieftains. Apc will find it difficult in ekiti.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦1.1 Billion Training Centre: TrackaNG-BudgIT Got It Wrong - DSS / Appeal Court Affirms Sowore As AAC Chairman / FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.