Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,347 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC (20832 Views)

Ekiti 2022: I Will Never Be An Accidental Governor ― Oyebanji / Akeredolu: Makinde Is A Disgrace To Public Decency / Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by afroniger: 7:13am On Dec 25, 2020
By Raji Adebayo On Dec 24, 2020

IBADAN – Crisis rocking the South-West zone of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) got deepened as a member of the Caretaker Committee in the zone, Mrs Funmilayo Ogun, has described the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde as an accidental governor and a mistake that the PDP will no longer make.

She said it was sad that the PDP handed its governorship ticket to a petty and immature character like Makinde, adding that there are better and committed people in the Oyo State PDP than the governor, a product of coalition who has betrayed the trust of those who ensured his electoral victory.

The caretaker committee member pointed out that the governor was in the defunct All Nigerians Peoples Party (ANPP), in 2007 and 2011 as well as Social Democratic Party (SDP), in 2015 and only returned to PDP in 2018.

She said those who elected Makinde as governor in Oyo State did not elect him to be Premier of the South-West, vowing that the caretaker committee will never have anything to do with him since he has chosen not to respect the party, acting as if being a governor makes him bigger than the party.

The PDP chieftain said it was strange that Makinde, a governor elected under the platform of the PDP is openly going against the decision of the National Executive Committee (NEC), the highest decision-making organ of the party after the National Convention.

Mrs Ogun argued that by choosing to relate with individuals not recognised as State Chairmen of PDP in Ekiti, Osun and Ogun States, Governor Makinde is only saying that he is more powerful than the party NEC and that as far as he is concerned, decisions of the NEC are not biding on him.

She said it is a matter of concern to her that Governor Makinde could refer to the State Working Committee of the party in Ekiti State as “factional” despite being part of the NEC meeting where the congresses in Ekiti and others States were approved.

“I hate to say this, but Governor Makinde has not acted true to his office as a governor under the platform of the PDP. He is petty and immature. His commitment to the PDP is suspicious and as someone whose love for the party has remained unwavering, I doubt if he is not working for those APC governors, who gave him money for his election.

“It is my opinion that next time, our party should be mindful of promoting people like Governor Makinde, who was never stable in the party for once.

“If he had failed in his bid to get the party ticket in 2018, I am sure he (Makinde) would have moved to another party just as he did in 2015, despite the plea that he should take Senate ticket.”
https://www.independent.ng/pdp-chieftain-blasts-makinde-says-hes-an-accidental-gov/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by bobowaja(m): 7:16am On Dec 25, 2020
Na now day break? Dude is a big mistake. I am sure Oyo people will not give him return ticket.

Oyo no deh reward incompetency.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Burstscam: 7:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Accident or not, he is enjoying his political career. Everyone is opportunist but some are unlucky.

On another note, someone, in the spirit of Christmas, should ask for my account number so that we can all celebrate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by bobowaja(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2020
Funny enough na ipob deh hail the boy as if na their gov. I guess cos of their loyalty to PDP, they can play bias.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by IamWonderful: 7:23am On Dec 25, 2020
The woman is angry because the expected monetary compensation from makinde is not forthcoming

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 25, 2020
IamWonderful:
The woman is angry because the expected monetary compensation from makinde is not forthcoming

Maybe but she is right 100% that Makinde is petty and immature. In fact those words sum up everything about Makinde accurately.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by IamWonderful: 7:31am On Dec 25, 2020
candidtalk:

Maybe but she is right 100% that Makinde is petty and immature. In fact those words sum up everything about Makinde accurately.
I didn't say she isn't right because makinde a governor fighting fighting an ex-governor demeans him and beneath his status

5 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by NGpatriot: 7:33am On Dec 25, 2020
APC don't like you, PDP don't want you, Oyo people are tired of you...

This arrogant, lazy and immature fool was definitely a mistake..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Exc2000: 7:36am On Dec 25, 2020
grin

Shameless party....

PDP collected so much money from Seyi Makinde during primaries at liberty stadium, other parties also collected money from him to form a coalition against APC

I knew he would Lord it over them and act recklessly

150 billion in debt at high interest rate, with very stupid projects

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Kriss216: 7:38am On Dec 25, 2020
candidtalk:

That's why you are the most useless and worst-led region in Nigeria ba? Self-deception has killed and will continue to kill you irredeemable haters.
So, why are you pained this Christmas morning? Your Christmas chicken lost

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Kapilta(m): 7:39am On Dec 25, 2020
bobowaja:
Na now day break? Dude is a big mistake. I am sure Oyo people will not give him return ticket.

Oyo no deh reward incompetency.
Cry me a river. Even useless PDPit rode on his popularity. I don't support his actions if everything said is true. But if Wike can become an emperor in same party, Makinde too should become his premier in peace nah. If PDPit wan do anyhow, make Seyi port go APC jare so we go know so say na for another lifetime give PDPit for SW. Seyi this, Seyi that everyday.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by IamWonderful: 7:39am On Dec 25, 2020
Kriss216:

What an Igbo man sees while sitting down can’t be seen by a Yoruba man on a skyscraper.
You mean the criminality tendency and the bizarre wickedness they see? baby factory ritualism, drug trafficking, scamming and swindling everywhere, senseless killing with condemnation, greed, barbaric massacre in Ozulubu church, human trafficking, prostitution, sharp wicked practices, dreaded Okija shrine, 1966 massacre and armed robbery of northern and Western leaders

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 25, 2020
NGpatriot:
APC don't like you, PDP don't want you, Oyo people are tired of you...

This arrogant, lazy and immature fool was definitely a mistake..

Bruv if a woman can call a man petty and immature then that man should really take an honest look at himself in the mirror.

8 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by capitalzero: 7:42am On Dec 25, 2020
NGpatriot:
APC don't like you, PDP don't want you, most Oyo people appreciate him

Three categories of people who hate makinde
1. Elites
2.Political leaders across party lines
3. Online hoodlums

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by juman(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Political patronage is part of politics.
He can do that with sense.

Respect to the decision made by the national office is important also.

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Kriss216:

So, why are you pained this Christmas morning? Your Christmas chicken lost

Nigga, you're the dishonest bigot in pain this fine Xmas day. Otherwise wetting concern Fulani or even your IPOBian opinion for this Oyo State SW matter?

6 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Kriss216: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2020
candidtalk:

Nigga, you're the dishonest bigot in pain this fine Xmas day. Otherwise wetting concern Fulani oe even your IPOBian opinion for this matter?
I have so much to lecture you on, but, let’s not derail this beautiful thread.

Merry Christmas to you. Stay out of troubles and be a good boy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Kapilta(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2020
Kriss216:

Obasanjo is an Igbo man.

- Senator Adefuye
The senator said the truth. Obasanjo, Igbo man did 8 good years so come 2023 for fairness, equity and justice, presidency must return to SW and not just SW before we mistakenly pick another Igbo with yoruba name, it is time for a bonafide Yoruba man. At least we are the only tribe left to produce candidate for that number one sit.

8 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by bobowaja(m): 7:48am On Dec 25, 2020
Kapilta:
Cry me a river. Even useless PDPit rode on his popularity. I don't support his actions if everything said is true. But if Wike can become an emperor in same party, Makinde too should become his premier in peace nah. If PDPit wan do anyhow, make Seyi port go APC jare so we go know so say na for another lifetime give PDPit for SW. Seyi this, Seyi that everyday.
No way for him in APC cos the party is taking power away from him come next election.

And as for PDP. No one is saying he should not become a premier, but not in the west. He should line up behind Fayose.

6 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by bobowaja(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2020
Kriss216:
The Fulanis are using the Yorubas to destroy Yoruba.

Funny enough, they’re too blind to see the handwriting.

Effects of zombiesm!
Must u wail all the time? This is worrying.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funmilayo Ogun: Seyi Makinde Is An Accidental Governor, He is Working For APC by Kriss216: 7:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Kapilta:
The senator said the truth. Obasanjo, Igbo man did 8 good years so come 2023 for fairness, equity and justice, presidency must return to SW and not just SW before we mistakenly pick another Igbo with yoruba name, it is time for a bonafide Yoruba man. At least we are the only tribe left to produce candidate for that number one sit.
It would be easier to find sk in Heaven than a Yoruba becoming president in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano APC: Ganduje Defeats Shekarau, Barau At Appeal Court / Tribunal; Protesters Barricade Osun Roads / Buhari/osinbajo Campaigns With Exercise Books (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.