Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth (20436 Views)

Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans / State Capture: Lagos Boys Claim Tinubu Source Of Power Is The Infinity Symbol? / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by GetMeRight: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2021
Laggafin:
Chief Ayo Adebanjos tail has been tourched by Tinubus errand boy Bisi Akande.. Baba AYo that I know will fight dem dirty and nail Tinubus presidential ambition in the coffin

Lol. Like he and his old useless fellows were able to do that to Buhari? Like he and his other grunts were able to reelect Jonathan? Some people are destined to be greater than you and any attempt to hinder their progress, you will get hurt and be humbled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by membranus: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Your current weed supplier has the good shiiit.
The one that was sold to you when you said Biafra is unrealistic was adulterated with fuel.

Now that slawormiir is playing your ball, he is good. The last time he was playing against your biafra, he was bad.

Iszatso?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by joefelin2345: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=naptu2 post=108544488][/quote]Baba Adebanjo, pls just sue them for posterity sake. These are the so called pseudo- progressives who late Prof S. Aluko the great Economist & late President Julius Nyerere of Tanzania were referring to. They claimed not to be capitalist but are even worse than them. They are disgrace to Baba Awo legacy. Thank you.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by JOemmy(m): 11:32am On Dec 16, 2021
I don't believe anything from that akande anyone closely associated with tinibu is extremely very corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by CaptainAyub: 11:32am On Dec 16, 2021
membranus:

Now that slawormiir is playing your ball, he is good. The last time he was playing against your biafra, he was bad.

Iszatso?
Who be this?
Jazz away!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Laggafin: 11:35am On Dec 16, 2021
GetMeRight:

Lol. Like he and his old useless fellows were able to do that to Buhari? Like he and his other grunts were able to reelect Jonathan? Some people are destined to be greater than you and any attempt to hinder their progress, you will get hurt and be humbled
But Quote me on dis wen it happens..Tinubu will never be President

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 16, 2021
The yoruba political arena has always consisted of 2 groups. Those guided by ideology and those guided by pragmatism. It was so in the days of Awo and Akintola. in fact it was the source of their split.

The Awo group (as epitomised by Adebanjo) are old school, principled, unbending and will rather not be in power than sway from their idealogies/ philosophy. They dont win elections because they wont compromise, they are effectively irrelevant politically in yoruba land today, they have no followership because the youth of today are largely unprincipled due to the poverty in the land and the decay in societal values. The few people left who identify with them are probably in their 50's/60's. They dont appeal to the youth

The Akintola group (the modern day yoruba politician) as epitomized by Tinubu are pragmatic politicians, very few have any principles or are led by principles, winning, power matters more than ideology, philosophy or principle (for the few who actually have any). They are largely self serving but they know how to win elections, to them your principles/ideologies are irrelevant if you do not have power, so they are ready to compromise to get power, it is easy for them to compromise in modern times because most Nigerians (not just the modern day Yoruba man) have no principles anyway. They will jump from party to party in a bid to win elections, to eat or to be politically relevant. I guess they are a reflection of modern Nigeria and modern yoruba mindset and a general fall in societal values. They are becoming extinct because the population have become unprincipled...........Awo would not win an election in yoruba land in 2021!!!!!

I have a lot of time for Adebanjo...probably the last of the true Awoists..principled steadfast and loyal to the end!!! I have no respect for the character of the modern day "Tinubu" politician but I respect and acknowledge their ability to understand the political terrain.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by barcaboi(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2021
Dukeolumidemans:
Well I can give u a direction. Start from his second day in office during his first tenure as the governor of Lagos State. I remember all those times he first contested for governor of Lagos and lost. His face looked like someone who was being cheated and finally, Lagosians threw in their support for him to win....he became a King Kong and started feeling he can do anything he wants and get away with it including....make I off my mic, because even the ones seen with the naked eyes is false under this devilish government. Nija don cast las las, and is presently irredeemable!!! I came cum in peace!!!

Bros u dey lie Abeg; he contested and lost in Wch election? He won as a senator b4 the former democracy crumpled and he won when democracy came back. Y’all twist history to suit ur goddamn narratives

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by barcaboi(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2021
Laggafin:
Chief Ayo Adebanjos tail has been tourched by Tinubus errand boy Bisi Akande.. Baba AYo that I know will fight dem dirty and nail Tinubus presidential ambition in the coffin
How has adebanjo fared in politics in old or recent times? He wasn’t influencial during PDP days of OBj, switched to GEj and they still lost. How many votes can he garner?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Laggafin: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2021
barcaboi:

How has adebanjo fared in politics in old or recent times? He wasn’t influencial during PDP days of OBj, switched to GEj and they still lost. How many votes can he garner?
Hey it's not about votes.. chief Ayo will be a ready tool in the hands of the Cabal in the presidency who will destroy Tinubus presidential ambition before 2023.. just watch the space and get BK to me soonest wen it happens
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Laggafin: 11:46am On Dec 16, 2021
barcaboi:

Bros u dey lie Abeg; he contested and lost in Wch election? He won as a senator b4 the former democracy crumpled and he won when democracy came back. Y’all twist history to suit ur goddamn narratives
Hey if not for pa adesanya and this very pa Adebanjo .. tinubu won't have become Gov.. it was funsho Williams who won but they cladenstinely rigged him out and later silenced him the way of all mortals.. I bet the ghost of Funsho will haunt all of them at the appropriate time and I bet Tinubus own will start from 2023

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Sermwell(m): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2021
GetMeRight:

This is not always true! Stop being dogmatic! undecided
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by akdjr(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2021
Is there an agency that probe the source of poverty in Nigeria?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Shytreasure(m): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2021
Impregnable101:
embarassed We all know how the Baron made his ill gotten wealth na.

Gathered from a reliable source that the reason behind his fallout with ambode was that he requested for 3 billion naira from the then governor, forgetting that he hasn't hanged up the call, the governor started complaining. So the Baron heard him & promised to deal with him

I heard this same thing and i was wondering if indeed that's what led to Jagaban fallout with Ambode. But with what you just said, it can't be farther from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by wonder233: 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2021
Sangotedo is one word, no hyphen
treesun:

Waste of time, everybody knows Buhari has no such liver. Come and see their touts coming out now to defend that he worked in Mobil and he bought 3 helicopters. Forgetting all the lands he is commandeering from Lekki to Sango-tedo to Lakowe. Epe, Badagry!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by freeborn02: 12:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
SmartPolician:
If these are Igbos, some idiots will be saying that Igbos are Igbos' enemies. BTW, there's nothing wrong with asking that the right thing be done.

Since 2015, the EFCC announced that they were probing Fashola, Amaechi and other members of Buhari's kitchen cabinet.

Anyone can borrow money to develop infrastructure, including my late grandma. The best thing Buhari should have done for this country would have been to strengthen its anti-graft agencies.

I am a Yoruba and will never blame other ribe for my problems.

But you igbos always blame your problems on other people without accepting the fact that most of your enemies are your fellow Igbos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by freeborn02: 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
JAMO84:
No evidence from both sides, it's your words against their own words.

That you sold some properties doesn't prove you used the money to build in Lekki.

All the Yoruba people that are against Tinubu Presidential ambition will die of heart attack if another northerner takes over from Buhari.

Tinubu made Buhari president and Buhari gave us the biggest projects in the South West since 1914. We will never regret supporting Buhari.

ASIWAJU, ON YOUR MANDATE WE SHALL STAND

Of course. Your children are supposed to be slaves for a lifetime and the best way to bring their slavery destiny to reality is to vote Tinubu.

Go on, dear son of slavery.

Tinubu is a proven drug dealer. So, you are handling the destiny of your children to a drug dealer. That speaks volumes about the kind of person you are, a man with dead morals.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Chukazu:
This is one Yoruba man I respect a lot ...not someone like Tinubu that will make you think negative of the tribe ..

It will a crime against humanity if you respect Tinubu....
He has stole your future away while you're here doing online chest beating

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Femeto:
If Afenifere and OPC don't support Tinubu how would he win the election?

Have they center supported him before ?
Both OPC and Afenifere are mere political jobbers looking for highest bidders to sell their souls to...
They both supported Jonathan in 2015 , and they failed woefully...
More failure awaits them as 2023 draws nearer....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by SmartPolician: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
freeborn02:

I am a Yoruba and will never blame otgwr tribe for being my problems.

But you igbos always blame your problems on other people without accepting the fact that most of your enemies are your fellow Igbos

Why would you blame others when South West is a major beneficiary of one Nigeria? undecided
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by omohayek: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
freeborn02:

Of course. Your children are supposed to be slaves for a lifetime and the best way to bring their slavery destiny to reality is to vote Tinubu.

Go on, dear son of slavery.

Tinubu is a proven drug dealer. So, you are handling the destiny of your children to a drug dealer. That speaks volumes about the kind of person you are, a man with dead morals.
Look, I don't like Tinubu myself, nor do I doubt that - being a successful Nigerian politician - he's had his hand in a sizeable share of corrupt dealings, but this accusation of his being a "proven drug dealer" is one I've seen flung about all the time with little evidence to back it up. Would an active, major drug dealer be able to visit the United States without any hassle, especially once out of office and without diplomatic immunity? Would that same out-of-office politician/drug-dealer be receiving visits from the US, British and French ambassadors at home?

How come all the politician drug-dealers around the world never got such favorable treatment? Pablo Escobar won a seat to Colombia's congress, and how much good it did do him? Manuel Noriega was the honest-to-goodness President of a sovereign nation, and look where he ended up! Even a former Mexican Ministry of Defense wasn't safe from arrest when he landed in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/16/mexico-former-defence-minister-salvador-cienfuegos-arrested-drug-charges

It's one thing to say Tinubu is corrupt, that he overly rewarded himself with "ex governor" benefits, that he's done his share of bribing and wire-pulling to manipulate favorites into office, etc., but this "drug dealer" charge is so outrageously false that it destroys the credibility of those who fling it about. Nigeria may be a corrupt hell-hole that coddles criminals, but the USA isn't, nor is the UK, France or any of the other Western countries Tinubu continues to visit with official approval from their leaders. If he really were an African version of a "Narcos" protagonist, no amount of pull in the APC or Aso Rock would save him from the reaches of American justice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by omohayek: 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

Why would you blame others when South West is a major beneficiary of one Nigeria? undecided
Said by an ignoramus whose home region has been subsidised by the same South West since the abomination called "Nigeria" was drawn up by Frederick Lugard, all the while serving as a Shangri-La for millions of his hopeless kinsmen fleeing their overcrowded and infertile homeland.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by freeborn02: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
omohayek:

Look, I don't like Tinubu myself, nor do I doubt that - being a successful Nigerian politician - he's had his hand in a sizeable share of corrupt dealings, but this accusation of his being a "proven drug dealer" is one I've seen flung about all the time with little evidence to back it up. Would an active, major drug dealer be able to visit the United States without any hassle, especially once out of office and without diplomatic immunity? Would that same out-of-office politician/drug-dealer be receiving visits from the US, British and French ambassadors at home?

How come all the politician drug-dealers around the world never got such favorable treatment? Pablo Escobar won a seat to Colombia's congress, and how much good it did do him? Manuel Noriega was the honest-to-goodness President of a sovereign nation, and look where he ended up! Even a former Mexican Ministry of Defense wasn't safe from arrest when he landed in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/16/mexico-former-defence-minister-salvador-cienfuegos-arrested-drug-charges

It's one thing to say Tinubu is corrupt, that he overly rewarded himself with "ex governor" benefits, that he's done his share of bribing and wire-pulling to manipulate favorites into office, etc., but this "drug dealer" charge is so outrageously false that it destroys the credibility of those who fling it about. Nigeria may be a corrupt hell-hole that coddles criminals, but the USA isn't, nor is the UK, France or any of the other Western countries Tinubu continues to visit with official approval from their leaders. If he really were an African version of a "Narcos" protagonist, no amount of pull in the APC or Aso Rock would save him from the reaches of American justice.

Yeah, Tinubu was caught involved in drug dealing by the FBI.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by SmartPolician: 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2021
omohayek:

[s]Said by an ignoramus whose home region has been subsidised by the same South West since the abomination called "Nigeria" was drawn up by Frederick Lugard, all the while serving as a Shangri-La for millions of his hopeless kinsmen fleeing their overcrowded and infertile homeland.
[/s]

Trash!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by omohayek: 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2021
freeborn02:

Yeah, Tinubu was caught involved in drug dealing by the FBI.
No, he was caught laundering money by the FBI. These are not at all the same thing. Had he been suspected of being an actual trafficker, he would have suffered the same fate as Buruji Kashamu, whose Senatorship didn't prevent the London Metropolitan Police from arresting him, or the US Drug Enforcement Administration from seeking his extradition. Note that Tinubu has visited both of these countries in the last year alone, as well as received their ambassadors at his home. Money laundering is just the sort of crime one would expect an accountant to be involved in, but it's nowhere close to pushing heroin and cocaine across borders - half the City of London is involved in money laundering one way or another.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by fregeneh(m): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

What is there to probe, it is crystal clear the man is a

HIM DONE " T_i_f" YOU B4?

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by freeborn02: 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
omohayek:

No, he was caught laundering money by the FBI. These are not at all the same thing. Had he been suspected of being an actual trafficker, he would have suffered the same fate as Buruji Kashamu, whose Senatorship didn't prevent the London Metropolitan Police from arresting him, or the US Drug Enforcement Administration from seeking his extradition. Note that Tinubu has visited both of these countries in the last year alone, as well as received their ambassadors at his home. Money laundering is just the sort of crime one would expect an accountant to be involved in, but it's nowhere close to pushing heroin and cocaine across borders - half the City of London is involved in money laundering one way or another.

So narcotics dealing is the same thing as money laundering.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by Tmex(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2021
JAMO84:
No evidence from both sides, it's your words against their own words.

That you sold some properties doesn't prove you used the money to build in Lekki

All the Yoruba people that are against Tinubu Presidential ambition will die of heart attack if another northerner takes over from Buhari.

Tinubu made Buhari president and Buhari gave us the biggest projects in the South West since 1914. We will never regret supporting Buhari.

ASIWAJU, ON YOUR MANDATE WE SHALL STAND

The biggest project in the south west since 1914 which Is?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by omohayek: 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
freeborn02:

So narcotics dealing is the same thing as money laundering.
You're the one making the claim. I've already pointed out that even the document you shared only implicates Tinubu in money laundering. It's now up to you to explain how he's able to receive the American ambassador and travel freely to the USA if he really is a drug dealer as you claim. Please tell us all why Tinubu enjoys an immunity Panama's President and Mexico's former Minister of Defense never did.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by sangresan(m): 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Laggafin:

Who? You're a mugu. Baba Ayo cannot contest and win the councillorship election in his ward.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by sangresan(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2021
Laggafin:

But Quote me on dis wen it happens..Tinubu will never be President

Your father will be president abi?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth by sangresan(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
perambulator:
The yoruba political arena has always consisted of 2 groups. Those guided by ideology and those guided by pragmatism. It was so in the days of Awo and Akintola. in fact it was the source of their split.

The Awo group (as epitomised by Adebanjo) are old school, principled, unbending and will rather not be in power than sway from their idealogies/ philosophy. They dont win elections because they wont compromise, they are effectively irrelevant politically in yoruba land today, they have no followership because the youth of today are largely unprincipled due to the poverty in the land and the decay in societal values. The few people left who identify with them are probably in their 50's/60's. They dont appeal to the youth

The Akintola group (the modern day yoruba politician) as epitomized by Tinubu are pragmatic politicians, very few have any principles or are led by principles, winning, power matters more than ideology, philosophy or principle (for the few who actually have any). They are largely self serving but they know how to win elections, to them your principles/ideologies are irrelevant if you do not have power, so they are ready to compromise to get power, it is easy for them to compromise in modern times because most Nigerians (not just the modern day Yoruba man) have no principles anyway. They will jump from party to party in a bid to win elections, to eat or to be politically relevant. I guess they are a reflection of modern Nigeria and modern yoruba mindset and a general fall in societal values. They are becoming extinct because the population have become unprincipled...........Awo would not win an election in yoruba land in 2021!!!!!

I have a lot of time for Adebanjo...probably the last of the true Awoists..principled steadfast and loyal to the end!!! I have no respect for the character of the modern day "Tinubu" politician but I respect and acknowledge their ability to understand the political terrain.

You're just fooling yourself with this monologue. Ayo Adebanjo also had issues with the likes of Jakande and Bola Ige. Were they also not principled? Don't dabble into things you have little knowledge of.

Pa Ayo Adebanjo is living on Awo's glory and he is envious of anybody that aspires to leadership position in Yorubaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of 14 Properties Linked To Kogi Government / 2019: The Real Reason Igbos ‘ll Massively Vote For Buhari – Orji Kalu Reveals / 2019: PDP To Prune Number Of Presidential Aspirants Read M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.