Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,481 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection (21842 Views)

Anambra State Government To Begin Digital Revenue Collection / Senate Summons Hameed Ali Over Plan To Concession N3tn Revenue Collection / Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by SmartPolician: 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

Firs and customs are two different posts!
Abi is it the firs that is chasing importers,exporters at the sea and land points?
This move no make sense!
Abi is firs now under npa or border control

You are beginning to sound like a beneficiary of this fraudulent customs. Huncle, this move will probably be the best law this government will enact and implement.

Nigeria needs to devise means of blocking all the corruption loopholes. That's the best way to fight corruption. If there's no money to steal, how does corruption happen?
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Damoche10: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
Kwarruption is about to corrupt Custom Services with this approach......we shall see
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Tzar(m): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
This would be a great idea. But I doubt if the rotten system will make it materialize.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by baralatie(m): 3:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
SmartPolician:

You are beginning to sound like a beneficiary of this fraudulent customs. Huncle, this move will probably be the best law this government will enact and implement.

Nigeria needs to devise means of blocking all the corruption loopholes. That's the best way tqo fight corruption . If there's no money to steal, how does corruption happen?
I agree with the bold.
But this is the problem how to curb underreporting of revenue at your sea,land points of entry/exit.
Wether you like it or not the customs is the official representative of govt at any point of entry/exit.
So someone saying customs cannot collect revenue on the behalf of govt is seriously lying .which other parastatal is trained to mount and supervise your entry/exit point.you want to posts firs officials there(you will reverse you decision under 24 hrs to customs)

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by dabeto: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2021
While it sounds good to hear, let's not forget the issue of VAT which the FG might be using as it plans an escape route.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by pquaver(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

It is customs that you will meet at first contact!
You will run into serious problems if at first contact the only thing you are showing customs official is a receipt that they themselves cannot verify!

This is one of the reasons why tinapa had serious problems!
People why presenting unverifiable and frivolous receipts!
By the time customs did investigation (people were found to be defrauding the fg)

Is it now that is better. I sent something home this December everything inside is about €400 for my family members.. Customer is saying they should pay 198,000 naira before the can collect it. Who does that? How did they arrive at that conclusion for clothes, chocolate shoes etc? A package weighing 17kg
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Rree: 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2021
Oh
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by baralatie(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
pquaver:

Is it now that is better. I sent something home this December everything inside is about €400 for my family members.. Customer is saying they should pay 198,000 naira before the can collect it. Who does that? How did they arrive at that conclusion for clothes, chocolate shoes etc? A package weighing 17kg
That is why I said earlier that now should go on automation!
If fact everything is about automation because people want to know exactly what they are paying for ,how the computations came about,who to pay to and the exact processes involved!

By the time you go through fg list and conditions you will agree with me that it is the fg and all it's agencies that are complicit in this overpricing of goods.once you just bring anything import into Nigeria (hiaaan!!)
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by justdogitto: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2021
yahmohy27:

Third best will be banning BBNGER
Nigerians will protest
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by xpool(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

It is like you do not understand the enormous responsibility of a customs department!
Make them catch with contraband.
Na there you go know!
Let them continue catching people with contraband
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Feelings79: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

It is customs that you will meet at first contact!
You will run into serious problems if at first contact the only thing you are showing customs official is a receipt that they themselves cannot verify!

This is one of the reasons why tinapa had serious problems!
People why presenting unverifiable and frivolous receipts!
By the time customs did investigation (people were found to be defrauding the fg)
In these days of online connectivity,such payment could be easily verified
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Joygift3666: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
Dead on arrival
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Bimpe29: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Policy inconsistency
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Joygift3666: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
D e a d on arrival
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Donedeal1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Good, but with out target the customs officers will just be in paradise as whatever they were able to make on duty will become bonus.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Joygift3666: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
D*ad on arrival
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by IMASTEX: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
Excellentbuy:

na that one custom go take finish federal government!

if ur container or car arrives all u need to do na to arrange custom boys them go bring am come ur house u settle hem!

Abeg federal govt. should think twice and deeply on that option.
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Ddokie: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
lomprico:
Get ready for double taxation from customs. One for FG the second for customs.

Just that simple.

Customs will still collect their bribe from the importers. Nothing can stop that.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by baralatie(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2021
Feelings79:
In these days of online connectivity,such payment could be easily verified
At tinapa the customs had a nasty experience with fraudulent saboteurs.the revelation of false receipts were huge

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by micxwell(m): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
nisomil774:
That's good
This is better suited to Telegram, except you want the small group ish. WhatsApp is capped at 250 per group na.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by micxwell(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
yahmohy27:

Third best will be banning BBNGER
I fit grant you citizenship of North Korea o. I know say you go like am. At least you'll be free from all this balderdash cool
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
tamdun:
grin this one go sweet die, all those yeye custom for agbara go hear am

Indeed. Long overdue.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by NobleRace: 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:
How is this going to work!
Knowing fully well that customs are contacts

It would result in double billing.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by pquaver(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
baralatie:

That is why I said earlier that now should go on automation!
If fact everything is about automation because people want to know exactly what they are paying for ,how the computations came about,who to pay to and the exact processes involved!

By the time you go through fg list and conditions you will agree with me that it is the fg and all it's agencies that are complicit in this overpricing of goods.once you just bring anything import into Nigeria (hiaaan!!)

I am thinking please, what do I do about the package? I am sure that 198,000 is outrageous
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by azikiweironsi(m): 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nice move. It would stop the menace of raiding markets for imported rice and others.., It reduce the incessant killings of themselves in office because of bribes and postings to lush areas such as airports, borders and seaports.... It would stop the crazy ideas of new graduates looking for jobs in customs seeing it as the next to none place to work. I'm pretty sure the bills cannot be passed without some fight and intensed lobbying from the service. Good luck to FG on this.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by REALretep(m): 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
If this is really done with sincerity of purpose, then it's a welcome development
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by mapet: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2021
Excellentbuy:

na that one custom go take finish federal government!

if ur container or car arrives all u need to do na to arrange custom boys them go bring am come ur house u settle hem!

Abeg federal govt. should think twice and deeply on that option.

Seems you like the corrupt system and don't want it to change
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Flyingngel(m): 8:26am On Dec 17, 2021
justdogitto post:

This is the 2nd best decision our government will make this year.....

The first is banning Twitter !

Banning Twitter? How has that benefit Nigeria cos the last time I check Nigerians are still using Twitter via VPN.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
THAT HOW TO CURB CORRUPTION.
AHMED ALI WONT LIKE THIS HAPPENING IN HIS TENURE.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by Poleski: 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
baralatie:
How is this going to work!
Knowing fully well that customs are contacts

They may have an internal revenue department in the customs office.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by ableguy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
This is a good move because it's getting into their heads, it's not uncommon to hear them say na we dey generate revenue for government or na we dey police and soldiers.
Re: FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection by baralatie(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
Poleski:

They may have an internal revenue department in the customs office.
The whole customs is encompassed of a revenue department

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#babanowthatyouarethere Trending For 2days Now On Twitter (hilarious Scrnshots) / Theresa May Speaks After Visit To Nigeria / IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.