Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) (56643 Views)

Israel-Hamas War: US Begins Evacuation Of Citizens From Israel On Friday / Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey / Niger Coup Leaders Prohibit Citizens From Using Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by tafat: 12:41am On Dec 24, 2021
Omo, no be small prison these guys dey o
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by hope4nigeria(m): 12:42am On Dec 24, 2021
isaiah4life:
If an naija, dem for don give am run. Naija! Naija!! If you rule dem for two days, you go tire for dem.

Ask Buhari, he knows better.
nigerians wen never laugh since January till now go begging laugh non-stop since the law anounce
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by ba2remagaji: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2021
Another false and fake news from nairaland posters una well done oo
Explorers:
North Koreans have been banned from laughing or drinking for 11 days to mark the tenth anniversary of former leader Kim Jong Il's death.

Government authorities have ordered the public to not show any signs of happiness while North Korea commemorates his death.

Kim Jong Il ruled North Korea from 1994 until his death in 2011, and was then succeeded by his third and youngest son, current leader Kim Jong Un.

Now, ten years after his death, North Koreans are being forced to observe the 11-day period of mourning where they are not allowed to laugh or drink alcohol.

'During the mourning period, we must not drink alcohol, laugh or engage in leisure activities,' a North Korean from the northeastern border city of Sinuiju told Radio Free Asia (RFA).

Photo

People gather at an event for the 10th anniversary of the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il in Pyongyang, North Korea, on Wednesday.

At midday Friday, as a siren blared for three minutes, North Koreans across the country fell silent and bowed in respect for Kim Jong Il.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10320707/Kim-Jong-dons-trademark-trenchcoat-ceremony-marking-tenth-anniversary-fathers-death.html?ito=social-facebook
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by cybriz82(m): 1:00am On Dec 24, 2021
Try this in naija n see if them no use laughter kill d president himself...
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by mariodko190(m): 1:22am On Dec 24, 2021
So if someone just tickle me and I laugh small, Na so I go tk bullet

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Ouchbabe(f): 2:08am On Dec 24, 2021
Explorers:
North Koreans have been banned from laughing or drinking for 11 days to mark the tenth anniversary of former leader Kim Jong Il's death.

Government authorities have ordered the public to not show any signs of happiness while North Korea commemorates his death.

Kim Jong Il ruled North Korea from 1994 until his death in 2011, and was then succeeded by his third and youngest son, current leader Kim Jong Un.

Now, ten years after his death, North Koreans are being forced to observe the 11-day period of mourning where they are not allowed to laugh or drink alcohol.

'During the mourning period, we must not drink alcohol, laugh or engage in leisure activities,' a North Korean from the northeastern border city of Sinuiju told Radio Free Asia (RFA).

Photo

People gather at an event for the 10th anniversary of the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il in Pyongyang, North Korea, on Wednesday.

At midday Friday, as a siren blared for three minutes, North Koreans across the country fell silent and bowed in respect for Kim Jong Il.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10320707/Kim-Jong-dons-trademark-trenchcoat-ceremony-marking-tenth-anniversary-fathers-death.html?ito=social-facebook

I wonder how the citizens are surviving. This is Living in Bondage

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Teechawa: 3:10am On Dec 24, 2021
Nigerians will pull religious and tribal sentiments into it. That will kill the move.

Okeedu:
Actually this can't work in Nigeria,thank God that that's their problem

Hello guys,getting gigs and setting up the almost perfect fiverr account has been an issue for most freelancing newbie,I got you covered with my videos and a guarante if you don't get results, free eBook for those interested,check out my signature to reach me
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by otipoju(m): 3:18am On Dec 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
When you hear and see some Decrees of mere men , you begin to imagine how things would have been if men were GOD.

Thank you LORD JESUS! You alone is GOD, LORD and KING.

This is the most sensible thing i have heard you say on this forum.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by blowjohn(m): 3:36am On Dec 24, 2021
But when america tried to discourage a country such as this frm having nuclear weapons u guys will say america shud leave them alone.

Imagine nuclear weapons in the hands of such a country. They will start oppressing other countries

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by rrhostomy(m): 3:56am On Dec 24, 2021
Muri thunder lo n fi alcohol fun won.���
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by aluyapreston: 4:10am On Dec 24, 2021
Sleekfingers:

A country that's far better than your country.....a country with stable electricity, portable water, good transportation network, schools , hospitals, and life expectancy is higher than this useless country called nigeria.

you will just open your mouth like a fool. Which electricity? and per life expectancy, which kind of life will I be living when it is dictated by people. they dictate what I watch, where I go to, if I can travel and if I can use menstrual pad or not. You have never been in that country so don't say rubbish because you don't know how foolish and outstandingly stupid you sound right now

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by wildernessVoice: 4:15am On Dec 24, 2021
Even in Naija
Who dey laugh.....?
No money to drink
The difference we no worship bubu
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by redroom: 4:40am On Dec 24, 2021
roqrules04:
This can't happen in my country. .na all these IG comedians go spoil am

It already happening in my beloved igboland by terrorists IPONK
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by mikemodel24: 5:02am On Dec 24, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Why can't North Koreans tell the world the truth if it's a lie?
. Lol. The only truth about north Korea is that you can't hear any news about them only what the government want you to hear. So this is fake. The citizens are not connected to the outside word so how do you get out such need

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by mikemodel24: 5:07am On Dec 24, 2021
aluyapreston:

you will just open your mouth like a fool. Which electricity? and per life expectancy, which kind of life will I be living when it is dictated by people. they dictate what I watch, where I go to, if I can travel and if I can use menstrual pad or not. You have never been in that country so don't say rubbish because you don't know how foolish and outstandingly stupid you sound right now
Have you been there before. The last documentary I got about the country show the citizens are happy nice infrastructure. The only thing is they don't know what life is like outside there country.
And yeah they have a better electricity
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Drogunov: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2021
Explorers:

Photo

The people of that country needs serious liberation.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by mikemodel24: 5:10am On Dec 24, 2021
blowjohn:
But when america tried to discourage a country such as this frm having nuclear weapons u guys will say america shud leave them alone.

Imagine nuclear weapons in the hands of such a country. They will start oppressing other countries
and the country has nuclear warhead and have not attack anybody.
Don't be carry away by this kind of news. Do you know I can come up with my own news about north Korea tomorrow and many will believe

1 Like

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by zoedew: 5:29am On Dec 24, 2021
Explorers:

Photo

Man must worship someone!
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by zoedew: 5:33am On Dec 24, 2021
mikemodel24:

Have you been there before. The last documentary I got about the country show the citizens are happy nice infrastructure. The only thing is they don't know what life is like outside there country.
And yeah they have a better electricity
You are dead wrong! Mental slavery is the zenith of captivity next to spiritual captivity.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by perdollar(m): 5:57am On Dec 24, 2021
North Korea nursery n primary school is just a kindagarten school n not a country
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by samfrancis1(m): 6:03am On Dec 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
When you hear and see some Decrees of mere men , you begin to imagine how things would have been if men were GOD.

Thank you LORD JESUS! You alone is GOD, LORD and KING.
How Jesus is God needs a better explanation man, make una no deh confuse una self join other people too abeg, if you can help me understand bro, I bet I’ll so much appreciate it, thanks a lot bros. God bless
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by PJAR: 6:15am On Dec 24, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Perhaps you're not informed. Allow me:

The citizens are organized in a very strict cadre or caste system. There are very few elites amongst the estimated 25 million population.

Poverty and self reliance is a major tool for social control. Nothing comes from the government but everything belongs to them.

There are hardly any cellphones. Local calls are expensive and are thoroughly monitored. You think international calls can be made presto?! Think again.

No social media. Infact, no media at all. The 3 tv stations are government controlled. The radio station is as well. The government does a great work in brainwashing them. They can't think like you think. A great number of North Koreans don't know that there's life outside Korea. They don't have Google or Facebook or anything. Foreign media is BANNED. Some of these people have never watched Home Alone.
You heard of a North Korean killed for smuggling in Squid Games. Perhaps you thought it was a ruse?!

Defection attracts severe punishment and the thing about being in the government's bad books is that, your family up to the third generation is affected as well. Your already low caste system or social rank is brought further down and this robs your lineage the opportunity of ever rising to the top.

There are a few defectors who have survived to tell the tale. 'In order to Live' is a book written by one young brave girl who escaped in 2007. It's available for download online.

You think Nigeria has epileptic power supply? At least you get to use some of that power in your homes. In North Korea, the little power they have is used proportionately to run their government statutes, military and nuclear establishments, electric fences surrounding the borders. It is severe punishment in a labour camp for up to six months if one is caught in possession of a microwave.

So back to your question, "Why can't North Koreans tell the world the truth if it's a lie?"

They are not silent. Few have been speaking out and will continue to speak. You're simply UNINFORMED!

Why can't North Koreans tell the world the truth if it's a lie?
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Jaculze(m): 6:24am On Dec 24, 2021
For real, Nigeria is actuallyy a better country than a mot of countries really. Just look at.

Wo, make I watch movie and chill.with my Oraimo jor

Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 24, 2021
starbuck:
If I am a citizen in the country, I would have been sanctioned by now because the law itself is funny grin grin

Na this kind President dey make Buhari look like a Saint

Sanctioned you say?

To you, their Law is funny but not to the North Koreans. In fact, if any of their law is broken by anyone, the person is given a death sentence immediately. There's absolutely nothing like sanction in NK. Na death sentence straight dem no.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Okeedu(m): 7:48am On Dec 24, 2021
Teechawa:
Nigerians will pull religious and tribal sentiments into it. That will kill the move.

Is it not good,do you wanna keep moody for 11 days and probably not laugh
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by ikennamadu1(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2021
Ayobami7:
If fake news could have a name it will be this piece of trash

So I should believe this because a "source" said so?
There many foreign media in NK none reported this "news" but a source decided to tell the world
But who cares? As far it's North Korea it is true

As you no believe am.. go North Korea go laugh
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Ingocof(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, I don't think so! I don't even think North koreans know what Nigeria/Nigerians mean. People can only visit/tour some places (government sanctioned), but only North koreans are allowed to live there.

This is not true, there are Nigerians in north Korea, in fact there are diplomats in north Korea.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Mrklemo(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2021
This midget been want try USA dat year... How i wish he did... Dem for show you say no be by forming hard man on your citizens.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by Olam09(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2021
psucc:
That's obtainable where people are "followers".

Dem for kee we finish for Nigeria

What the fùck are you saying?? I pray you find yourself in north Korea and see maybe you wouldn't appreciate been Nigerian.
Re: North Korea Banned Citizens From Laughing For 11 Days (Photos) by hahn(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2021
Just like in heaven undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afghan Army Getting Training From US Army Live From Kabul (Funny Video) / Lockdown Lifted In Accra And Kumasi, Ghana. Ghanaians Rejoice / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.