Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY (23670 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by socialmediaman: 4:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

While a bit off topic from my original post, I’ll respond. First, thank you for sharing your perspective. You are correct, I technically don’t “NEED” a man, I can take care of and finance myself.

HOWEVER, the difference between need and want is the difference between codependence and love. Love and codependence are very, very different. And loving someone is much more beautiful and rewarding than leaning on them for all things, at all times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

That being said, I have an amazingly loving, supportive, and compassionate husband that I “WANTED”. He’s my chocolate Igbo man and I love him unconditionally! wink

Now…let’s get back to traveling friend! cheesy
lol wasnt referring to you. But those Instagram babes

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by carbonado(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Good morning Nairalanders,

It's your girl Ms Travelin Diva!

Wrapping up my trip to Louisville, and it was EVERYTHING! Background, we came to Kentucky strictly for the Bourbon trail, but we did get in a few museums and some art during our stay.

We split our trip between Louisville and Bardstown which I highly recommend given the distances between the distilleries. Bardstown is a very cute and lovely town and definitely worth the visit for a few days.

Started the Kentucky Bourbon Trail at the "Frazier Museum" (also visited 21c Museum), and I visited the following 10 distilleries (over 4 days) and tasted their Bourbons:

Evan Williams
Michter’s Fort Nelson
Jim Bean
Angels Envy
Maker’s Mark
Barton 1792
Heaven Hill
Preservation Distillery
Lux Row
Wilett Distillery

Food: In Louisville, we dined at Proof on Main, Le Moo, Repeal, Biscuit Belly and Back Deck BBQ (black owned). In Bardstown we dined at Cinco De Mayos and Pat’s Family Diner.

Lodging: We stayed at the Hotel Distil in Louisville and the Fairfield Inn Marriott Bardstown.

Now a little history regarding Bourbon. Nearly 95% of the world’s Bourbon is produced in Kentucky. All Bourbon is Whisky but not all Whisky is Bourbon. There’s no law mandating that bourbon must be produced in Kentucky, although it might seem that way given the state’s dominance in distilling the distinctive corn-based, barrel-aged whiskey (however, to be called a Bourbon, it must be produced in the U.S.).

So is there something in Kentucky’s water that has caused the bourbon industry to flourish? In fact, there is. The state sits atop vast deposits of blue limestone, which filters out hard iron and imparts sweet-tasting calcium and magnesium.

If Louisville (or the Bourbon Trail) is on your radar, you will not be disappointed spending a few days or even a week here!

Here are a few pictures from my visit. Enjoy and Happy Travels!

Live. Laugh. Love
....welcome back........ cool cool,

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Limassol(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
Lovely Thread! Great Narration. You Rock Lady!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Gerrard59(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nna eh, you really eat well. Beautiful pictures, as usual.

That said, your pictures are crystal clear, what kind of device do you use in taking them?

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
carbonado:
....welcome back........ cool cool,

Thank you, it’s good to be back!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
Limassol:
Lovely Thread! Great Narration. You Rock Lady!

Thank you friend, appreciate you!
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
Gerrard59:
Nna eh, you really eat well. Beautiful pictures, as usual.

That said, your pictures are crystal clear, what kind of device do you use in taking them?

Thank you, no special camera or device, I use my iPhone.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nicoswit(m): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Thank you, no special camera or device, I use my iPhone.
When will you tour Africa?

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Bifwoli: 3:17am On Dec 18, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes friend, I love love love Nashville (country music fan). In fact, Uncle Nearest (black owned) whiskey distillery is in TN and on my list!

Here’s a few pics from when I was in Nashville in 2018 on business. I even had the opportunity of meeting Viola Davis and Michael Clooney while there.
Wow ,looks like you had a great time in Nashville please come again there's a lot more tourist menu to offer.I find it funny that country music ain't a genre for blacks here .

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 4:34am On Dec 18, 2021
Nicoswit:

When will you tour Africa?

Hopefully next year, COVID has put a slight halt on my international travels. But I am making plans, and Nigeria (Abuja to be exact) is my first stop during my visit.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2021
Bifwoli:
Wow ,looks like you had a great time in Nashville please come again there's a lot more tourist menu to offer.I find it funny that country music ain't a genre for blacks here .

I know right! I was only in town for 4 days so I barely got see much as I was there for business. But I definitely have plans to visit again, it’s such a cool city!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by WoundedLamb: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2021
adeakin:
Our black queens with good jobs in usa have been brainwashed that they dont need a man. They spend all their money travelling

You guys complain about everything. Let people live thier lives how they want. Her money, her traveling, her man.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by WoundedLamb: 4:48am On Dec 18, 2021
OP, thanks for sharing.

Please, do Africa. Those of us outside need to see our beautiful Africa it's glory!

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2021
WoundedLamb:
OP, thanks for sharing.

Please, do Africa. Those of us outside need to see our beautiful Africa it's glory!

Absolutely, I can wait to finalize my trip for next year. I am really looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by yunqdady: 9:12am On Dec 18, 2021
adeakin:
Our black queens with good jobs in usa have been brainwashed that they dont need a man. They spend all their money travelling
Nobody needs your broke ass. Are you people not tired of policing people's life Work on yourself and leave people alone. Broke black African man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by xxxXXXxxx: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Lovely!!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 4:06am On Dec 19, 2021
yunqdady:

Nobody needs your broke ass. Are you people not tired of policing people's life Work on yourself and leave people alone. Broke black African man

Hahahaha! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 4:07am On Dec 19, 2021
xxxXXXxxx:
Lovely!!
Thank you, I enjoy sharing meaningful and uplifting content!
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Bifwoli: 5:09am On Dec 19, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Yes friend, I love love love Nashville (country music fan). In fact, Uncle Nearest (black owned) whiskey distillery is in TN and on my list!

Here’s a few pics from when I was in Nashville in 2018 on business. I even had the opportunity of meeting Viola Davis and Michael Clooney while there.
You also went to Bardstown? Abraham Lincoln's historic birthplace is nearby (27min) in Hodgenville you should've visited .In Dec 2019 i visited his mother's grave at the historic Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Spencer County Indiana where there's a replica of Lincoln's log cabin boyhood home.

Another place i recommend a visit is National Underground Freedom Center in Cincinnati Oh,you will weep at the 15.000 artifacts ,manuscripts and the whole slave history...this ties in with Abe Lincoln too as he freed the slaves.Its a very educational place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by aurorae1: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2021
adeakin:
lol wasnt referring to you. But those Instagram babes

Stop raising some women up only to bring others down... You think it makes you look good, it has the opposite effect actually.
Let people follow their hearts and mind.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Mstravelindiva: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bifwoli:
You also went to Bardstown? Abraham Lincoln's historic birthplace is nearby (27min) in Hodgenville you should've visited .In Dec 2019 i visited his mother's grave at the historic Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in Spencer County Indiana where there's a replica of Lincoln's log cabin boyhood home.

Another place i recommend a visit is National Underground Freedom Center in Cincinnati Oh,you will weep at the 15.000 artifacts ,manuscripts and the whole slave history...this ties in with Abe Lincoln too as he freed the slaves.Its a very educational place.
Wow, this is very enlightening…thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by kponkedenge(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2021
Lovely.
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by HEAVEN4444: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
grin
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hey ya, cry you don too do me longer throat

Next year god willing, Insha Allah, I will also post pictures like these on Nairaland in Jesus name amen

Ahn ahn, Haba the opression don too much.

Meanwhile sister abeg which phone do you use to take these shots I need to buy it.
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Germi9: 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Is the train i want to see madam,where is the train??
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by EgunMogaji2: 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Dinner at Cinco De Mayos

On my vacation last week.

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by OldNairalander(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
I see
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by shawante(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
Madam all these your travels and better food and drinks don make you fresh and ravishing.. How I wish say you go just inviting me make I follow you enjoy small

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by wiseone28: 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
Seen

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Ayinke93(f): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lead City University Final Year Student Dies In Car Accident In Ibadan (Photos) / Car Bursts Into Flames On The Rumuola Flyover, Port Harcourt (photos) / 40 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.