Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,639 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY (23656 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by DeepSight(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Here are a few pictures from my visit. Enjoy and Happy Travels!

Live. Laugh. Love

Madam, you are an eminently wicked person.
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by calcal: 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
Good enjoy yaself.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by VicM6: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Good morning Nairalanders,

It's your girl Ms Travelin Diva!

Wrapping up my trip to Louisville, and it was EVERYTHING! Background, we came to Kentucky strictly for the Bourbon trail, but we did get in a few museums and some art during our stay.

We split our trip between Louisville and Bardstown which I highly recommend given the distances between the distilleries. Bardstown is a very cute and lovely town and definitely worth the visit for a few days.

Started the Kentucky Bourbon Trail at the "Frazier Museum" (also visited 21c Museum), and I visited the following 10 distilleries (over 4 days) and tasted their Bourbons:

Evan Williams
Michter’s Fort Nelson
Jim Bean
Angels Envy
Maker’s Mark
Barton 1792
Heaven Hill
Preservation Distillery
Lux Row
Wilett Distillery

Food: In Louisville, we dined at Proof on Main, Le Moo, Repeal, Biscuit Belly and Back Deck BBQ (black owned). In Bardstown we dined at Cinco De Mayos and Pat’s Family Diner.

Lodging: We stayed at the Hotel Distil in Louisville and the Fairfield Inn Marriott Bardstown.

Now a little history regarding Bourbon. Nearly 95% of the world’s Bourbon is produced in Kentucky. All Bourbon is Whisky but not all Whisky is Bourbon. There’s no law mandating that bourbon must be produced in Kentucky, although it might seem that way given the state’s dominance in distilling the distinctive corn-based, barrel-aged whiskey (however, to be called a Bourbon, it must be produced in the U.S.).

So is there something in Kentucky’s water that has caused the bourbon industry to flourish? In fact, there is. The state sits atop vast deposits of blue limestone, which filters out hard iron and imparts sweet-tasting calcium and magnesium.

If Louisville (or the Bourbon Trail) is on your radar, you will not be disappointed spending a few days or even a week here!

Live. Laugh. Love
Na anytin wey concern money now we wan dey see..we no want pictures again....enugbe.
But come to think of it o, na person wey gallant wella dey travel from zoogeria go budu oyibo land....mtcheew, make i go check my trap abi d werey don catch bush meat...since 5days ago fah.
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Thank you, no special camera or device, I use my iPhone.

Which of the iPhones in particular

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Dreytonisback(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2021
U no know wetin God do for you
Once you're out of Nigeria and you still didn't make it , you can never make it in life again

To anyone who wants to travel out of Nigeria, I pray your visa gets granted without stress

Lights up my kpoli in peace

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by DuBLINGreenb(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Dreytonisback:
Once you're out of Nigeria and you still didn't make it , you can never make it in life again

To anyone who wants to travel out of Nigeria, I pray your visa gets granted without stress

Amen i receive it, ride on pastor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Greenback: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2021
Some fellas are just dammm lucky...
That's God's own country!

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Bouncin(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Oluwa give me real money so I can
enjoy life like Op.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Greenback: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
Dreytonisback:

Amen o...
Me just dey wonder if a sailor got a chance in the States or Canada...

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by jeff1607(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2021
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 comes to mind

If you gerrit grin cool
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by handsomeyinka(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Differentiate:
Omo if I go USA na all this kind food make me go O grin
God will grant you your heart desire

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by lkillbrokehoes: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:
Dinner at Cinco De Mayos
I always look forward to your threads, enjoy. cool

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by chocboi78(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2021
Seems your are fully based in the states, mrs?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Daradared2(f): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2021
Make i be your PA smiley
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by gidado14(m): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Wrapping up my trip to Louisville, and it was EVERYTHING! Background, we came to Kentucky strictly for the Bourbon trail, but we did get in a few museums and some art during our stay.

We split our trip between Louisville and Bardstown which I highly recommend given the distances between the distilleries. Bardstown is a very cute and lovely town and definitely worth the visit for a few days.

Started the Kentucky Bourbon Trail at the "Frazier Museum" (also visited 21c Museum), and I visited the following 10 distilleries (over 4 days) and tasted their Bourbons:

Evan Williams
Michter’s Fort Nelson
Jim Bean
Angels Envy
Maker’s Mark
Barton 1792
Heaven Hill
Preservation Distillery
Lux Row
Wilett Distillery

Food: In Louisville, we dined at Proof on Main, Le Moo, Repeal, Biscuit Belly and Back Deck BBQ (black owned). In Bardstown we dined at Cinco De Mayos and Pat’s Family Diner.

Lodging: We stayed at the Hotel Distil in Louisville and the Fairfield Inn Marriott Bardstown.

Now a little history regarding Bourbon. Nearly 95% of the world’s Bourbon is produced in Kentucky. All Bourbon is Whisky but not all Whisky is Bourbon. There’s no law mandating that bourbon must be produced in Kentucky, although it might seem that way given the state’s dominance in distilling the distinctive corn-based, barrel-aged whiskey (however, to be called a Bourbon, it must be produced in the U.S.).

So is there something in Kentucky’s water that has caused the bourbon industry to flourish? In fact, there is. The state sits atop vast deposits of blue limestone, which filters out hard iron and imparts sweet-tasting calcium and magnesium.

If Louisville (or the Bourbon Trail) is on your radar, you will not be disappointed spending a few days or even a week here!

Live. Laugh. Love

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by pacespot(m): 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2021
You people experience all these great things in a White man's land and wonder why it isn't experienced in Africa, because one thing differentiates White people from Blacks: Love. A White man shows you true, natural and unconditional love, but black people's love is cosmetic. Civilization is the greatest denominator that differentiates we humans from lower forms. The more civilized we are, the more we can do all the great things that exist in this world. And civilization means working together and caring for one another to build a society that is conducive for all individuals to achieve their goals in life. You cannot tell me how that is possible without the true, natural and unconditional love among people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by femixville(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

While a bit off topic from my original post, I’ll respond. First, thank you for sharing your perspective. You are correct, I technically don’t “NEED” a man, I can take care of and finance myself.

HOWEVER, the difference between need and want is the difference between codependence and love. Love and codependence are very, very different. And loving someone is much more beautiful and rewarding than leaning on them for all things, at all times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

That being said, I have an amazingly loving, supportive, and compassionate husband that I “WANTED”. He’s my chocolate Igbo man and I love him unconditionally! wink

Now…let’s get back to traveling friend! cheesy

You said it all well...

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Evan Williams
Michter’s Fort Nelson
Jim Bean
Angels Envy
Maker’s Mark
Barton 1792
Heaven Hill
Preservation Distillery
Lux Row
Wilett Distillery

Live. Laugh. Love
How much it gonna cost(including accomodation) to get the american visa..student visa I mean
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by ahnie: 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
Very soon e good be my turn to japa out of this country and be posting beautiful threads like these.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2021
handsomeyinka:

God will grant you your heart desire
Amen bro tanks.
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by AngelicBeing: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

On my vacation last week.
The Big Masquerade himself cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by stasius: 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2021
Alcohol plenty

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nat404: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
Nice pictures. Nigeria's cursed!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Zeezenho: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Madam you get mind oh! All those areas were KKK men they carry Cain and dogs pursue niggas those days,you still gather liver go!
Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by seanjy4konji: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
see enjoyment...

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Qualer: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

this is a good trip. Glad you know how to enjoy yourself!!

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by seanjy4konji: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
the type of trips i would love to have....soon though...

buhari no let me see front properly....God punish that man.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by seguno2: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

While a bit off topic from my original post, I’ll respond. First, thank you for sharing your perspective. You are correct, I technically don’t “NEED” a man, I can take care of and finance myself.

HOWEVER, the difference between need and want is the difference between codependence and love. Love and codependence are very, very different. And loving someone is much more beautiful and rewarding than leaning on them for all things, at all times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

That being said, I have an amazingly loving, supportive, and compassionate husband that I “WANTED”. He’s my chocolate Igbo man and I love him unconditionally! wink

Now…let’s get back to traveling friend! cheesy

Many thanks for your educative thread on travel, and taking time to address this issue. You are greatly appreciated.

Thanks to the mod that put this on the front page too.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kentucky Bourbon Trail | Louisville, KY by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
This is whisky (alcohol) showcase.
He be like say this mummy like food and alcohol wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Car Bursts Into Flames On The Rumuola Flyover, Port Harcourt (photos) / 40 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Lagos / Rolls Royce Is Building The World’s Fastest Electric-powered Aeroplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.