Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu (6938 Views)

2023: Tinubu May Not Attend Any Presidential Debate – Keyamo / 2023: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Saraki, Peter Obi - Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by AtikuNetwork: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2021
December 16, 2021

Ahead of the 2023 elections, the Board of Trustees, BoT, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has advised national chairman of the party, Senator Iyorchia Ayu not to take side with aspirants vying for the various elective positions, particularly the Office of the President.

Chairman of the board, Senator Walid Jibrin stated this Thursday at a special meeting of the BoT with the newly inaugurated National Working Committee, NWC, of the party.

This is as Senator Walid pledged the readiness of the board to work closely with Ayu to deliver victory to the party in the next general election cycle.

“Do not be detracted by the ambition of individual members but keep the party as formidable as possible. Concentrate on your duties and not more of who shall be the President, Vice President, Senate President etc. Do not side any individual with self ambition and please, try to reduce the state of Godfatherism. Please respect the dignity of individuals and dynamism of a group.

“May I urge the national chairman to use his wealth of experience to make the party great as it remains the largest party in Africa. You must try to reconcile Individuals, states, and national issues,” he said.

On his part, Ayu reiterated his commitment to transparent and participatory stewardship saying “this party requires a lot of openness and courage to carry everybody along. That is the only way that this party will move forward successfully.

“We want to assure you that we will do just that. Every member of the BoT, every member of the party far and wide will have access to all members of the National Working Committee. If you call me and I don’t answer, you will know that I am busy but I will return your call. I will be so open to everybody,” he assured.

Reflecting on the highs and lows of the party since its formation in 1998, Ayu predicted glorious future for the PDP under his watch.

“When we built cohesion in the party, it was possible for us to have 21 governors and President. We increased this number to 28. Our declined started in 2011. Today, we are down to only 13 sitting governors but never you worry. Very soon, the number will increase to the appropriate level.

“When this party was formed, in a meeting at Professor Jerry Gana’s house, the idea of a BoT was mooted and I remember vividly that one person who was so passionate about this was Dr. Alex Ekwueme. The idea was that the Board of Trustees will be the conscience of the party.

“If there are difficulties, it will be referred to them in an advisory capacity. It was advisory but very powerful advisory body because of the calibre of people that were to be represented in the BoT. People who had experience, people who will be respected, people who will stand objectively to guide those who are running the path.

“I am proud to see that the BoT has risen from that modest number of 15 to over 100 members. Now, I think the first 15 had no woman representative but today, we have so many women on the beard which shows that the party has grown. Even the conscience of the party has expanded. I want to congratulate the woman who are today members of the BoT. We hope in future there will be more women than men in the BoT.

“The BoT has over the years played a very pivotal role in the affairs of the party. We have run into all sorts of crisis and I thought the BoT would have fallen apart with the recent crisis that led to the change of leadership of the party.”

Ayu also called for adequate recognition to be afforded the BoT insisting that “we must return the party to the corporate processes of initiating policies at the National Working Committee.”

He continued: “The various critical organs of the party must be carried along. One of those critical organs is the BoT. We also have the caucus, the governor’s forum, the National Assembly and the state chairmen of the party.

“The moment you begin to take decisions that isolate these organs, it means the party will be working at cross purposes. It is very important to me and my colleagues in the National working committee that we constantly regularly consult with all members of the BoT.

“If we do that, the party will move smoothly. And if the party moves smoothly, it means we will be stronger, then if we are stronger, It means we will win more elections because the objective of a political party is win elections, not just to create unnecessary intrigue within the party.

“I personally have no any personal interest. I will not be part of factions in any state and we are not encouraging factions. I also want to say clearly that no single individual can win elections in the states.

“State leaders must work as a team. If you work as a team, you will win elections in your state. Most of the elections we lost in PDP is because PDP defeated PDP; that should never be encouraged. And part of the problem is because the leadership of the party sometimes take sides with certain factions,” he added.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/2023-dont-take-side-with-any-presidential-aspirant-pdps-bot-cautions-ayu/

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Moferere: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
Somebody who is Atiku puppet

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Crusadee: 6:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Make I check who go win 2023 election...

Na Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by SensualMan: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
These people are waiting for the retired drug baron who's now a skeleton in human clothing to bring out the bullion van, assuring the skeleton that PDP has been secured in the bag for him, while on the other side, Jibrin, Elrufai, Bashir elrufai are waiting to deal with the opolo eyes who have mortgaged the future of Afonja nation.
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by dfrost: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
cheesy

When I saw Bot, my mind jumped to bot. Like PDP has a bot that makes decisions for them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by baggioni: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
E go do you all like film. Thieves everywhere

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by blamingthedevil: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Atiku platform, PDP TAX COLLECTOR

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by JAMO84: 6:27am On Dec 17, 2021
You're telling a yam eater not to sell his support to the highest bidder.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Drsnives(m): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Yes he shouldn't oo.. but this ayu na atiku man

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by phemmie06(m): 6:31am On Dec 17, 2021
But of the BOT member has pitched his tent with Atiku

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Reference(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2021
For wia. They will consider this their own time to make hay. A group of equals not ashamed to give and receive bribes from one another.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by nonxo007(m): 6:42am On Dec 17, 2021
A party chairman is meant to be neutral, he better do what is right if he wants PDP to stand.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by NkanuSon: 6:46am On Dec 17, 2021
Mind u,notherners see Benue state as part of south bcs they have nothing in common.They see this man as a southern person and expecting to get the presidential ticket
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by benuejosh: 6:47am On Dec 17, 2021
The only problem of Ayu is Akume. Every now and then if Ayu wants to talk he is calling Akume. Did they buy his current position to be calling George Akume up and down?

Watch it, Ayu is a colossal failure. He could not win even his council ward or polling unit in the last election is that someone who can win a state election?

A chairman that Ortom used Money to buy for him and also all the governors collectively accepted, do you think he can function properly? This man has always been a failure for all we know in Benue State.

Last but not the least, HE LOVES MONEY!! He can be bought easily. Bring good money and Ayu will do your wish. That is him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Quality20(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2021
U guys mean he should not take sides? U guys forgot that some PDP stakeholders made him chairman, he gonna have to toe their line b4 he can stand on his own

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Loveurneighbour: 6:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Sorry IPOB! ATIKU is coming. Forget your Southeast ambition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by WillyDave: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2021
benuejosh:
The only problem of Ayu is Akume. Every now and then if Ayu wants to talk he is calling Akume. Did they buy his current position to be calling George Akume up and down?

Watch it, Ayu is a colossal failure. He could not win even his council ward or polling unit in the last election is that someone who can win a state election?

A chairman that Ortom used Money to buy for him and also all the governors collectively accepted, do you think he can function properly? This man has always been a failure for all we know in Benue State.

Last but not the least, HE LOVES MONEY!! He can be bought easily. Bring good money and Ayu will do your wish. That is him.
You hate money about? Continue. Leave first for us. Bad Belle. You don't have talk.
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Frank150: 7:09am On Dec 17, 2021
Story for the gods... in nigeria they dont elect rather they select.
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by omenkaLives(m): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Ayu that has made attacking Akume his only agenda since assumption of office? Ayu will destroy pdp even more than Ali Modu Sheriff did under Jonathan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:12am On Dec 17, 2021
omenkaLives:
Ayu that has made attacking Akume his only agenda since assumption of office? Ayu will destroy pdp even more than Ali Modu Sheriff did under Jonathan.
omenka you gave my friend belle and denied her angry

na wa for you oo
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by omenkaLives(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
omenka you gave my friend belle and denied her angry

na wa for you oo
Kai ooo!!! angry angry angry
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Gunayo(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2021
Crusadee:

Na Buhari
You have successfully sawn well.
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Crusadee: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Gunayo:
You have successfully sawn well.
na you wan win b4?

Fotto

Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by elmessiahs(m): 7:33am On Dec 17, 2021
I would have love to urge Ayu to deepen internal democracy within the party but I know he can't
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Ofuloju1(m): 7:38am On Dec 17, 2021
Crusadee:

Na Buhari

��
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2021
Re: 2023: Don’t Take Side With Any Presidential Aspirant, PDP’s Bot Cautions Ayu by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
PDP shouldn't be overconfident of winning the next general election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Is 'Back To Fix The Economy' / Confirmed - Aisha Buhari's Cartier Baignore Is A Replica - Stanley Kole (photos) / Rivers Assembly Passes N470b 2017 Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.