Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Tale Of Despair - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tale Of Despair (386 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds / Local Champion.... Tale Of A House Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tale Of Despair by SIMOYERA: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
I watched this wall crumble on my feet with the smile of victory radiating on my lips though I wasn’t present at Jericho, now I watch my life crumbling before my existence.

With blood shot eyes he managed to see his life taking a stroll without him hoping it doesn’t get too far off that it’ll wonder
The way It’ keeps going through his head and the current at which they came I’d compare with the Atlantic, could it be today ?
Struggling with the darkness isn’t something he is used to but how he remains a constant failure is what continues to baffle him
Ashamed of his existence made him ready to see his dad again and laugh so hard to Solomon’s jokes, missing reality always gives him a rethink but how long it’ll last is something he knows not.
Have you ever been so close to death that you can’t tell what reality you’re in. Like King David he was a king and unlike Him he was a Lone Ranger sinking in this sand of time
It is clear he will soon be forgotten cause he never lived life like the Wright Brothers or even Ford.
It still drives him crazy each time reality dawns on him knowing he has become a demon like those his mother warned about, how art thy mighty fallen.
Hearing his name when no one calls drives him mad even more, could it be his last or possibly a distant relation to Samuel
Driven towards an end he doesn’t know makes him uncertain of his next breath.

Stephen Oshioma Imoyera

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Creative Flash Fiction Writer? Click Here / Every Eve Longs For Her Adam / I Need The Services Of An Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.