Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire (8648 Views)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . / Boko Haram Gives 3 Days Ultimatum To Southerners Living In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Rich4god(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2011
In view of the amnesty program proposed by Borno state govt to boko haram, the sect have released its own condition to be met by the fed/state govt before they can venture into dialogue with the govt.
This condition include:
1) the resignation of the present governor and the persecution of the immediate past governor and those responsible for the killing of their leader and members,
2) the implementation of sharia law in all northern state of Nig .
SUN NEWS

Meanwhile, in a terse statement written in Hausa and circulated around Maiduguri, yesterday, Boko Haram gave strict conditions for truce in the over two years uprising in the state.

Signed by one Usman Al-Zawahiri, who claimed to be the spokesman of the group, and entitled; Conditions for Dialogue with President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Kashim Shettima’, the group used the statement to react to recent overtures for talks by Governor Shettima and the calls on government to grant amnesty to detained members of the religious sect.

“We demand for the strict enforcement of Sharia legal system in the Muslim-dominated states in the North as part of conditions for dialogue with the government”, the group said in the statement. The Islamic sect also demanded the prosecution of the immediate past governor of Borno State, Senator Modu Sheriff for the killing of its leader two years ago as well as the release of all its detained members.

“If the government meets these conditions, we will agree to a ceasefire and enter into dialogue with them”, the statement added.
Boko Haram, which means ‘western education is sin’, launched its operation in 2009, but was checkmated by security forces, leading to the killing of its leader, Muhammed Yusuff.
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/june/14/newsbreak-14-06-2011-001.html
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2011
Craze in the highest order, do they think they are in Japan where PMs resigns under pressures?

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2011
Amnesty for all criminals.if the ND militants can be pardoned despite all they have done,why can't boko harams be granted amnesty too ? What is good for the goose is good for the gander !
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Amnesty for all criminals.if the ND militants can be pardoned despite all they have done,why can't boko harams be granted amnesty too ? What is good for the goose is good for the gander !

And dont u see the conditions?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by T9ksy(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2011
Yes ke! They deserve amnesty too, now.
Infact, they should all be sent to saudi arabia for islamic education since they are against western education.
But wait o, I thought they already have sharia Laws implemented in the north?
Or what was all the killings (of southerners) in aid off, when peadophile Yerima first came out with the notion in 2000?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by tayoTFC(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2011
to me FG should play along with them , invite them to surrender their arms and juju and planted a bomb to blow them, bloody criminals, virpires
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by kholis(m): 11:53am On Jun 14, 2011
When I strongly suggested that state of emergency be slammed on all the trouble-prone northern states, some people called for my head and considered me grossly undemocratic. Now, I wonder why a government in 2011 should in the first place think of entering into negotiation with a God-forsaken sect whose mission statement is clearly to throw the nation in retrogression.

I will cross my fingers and watch how their demands will be met by our dear cowering president. I will like to see the reaction of many northern elements (who secretly admire The Boko Haram sect) and whose children are currently enjoying the benefits of western education. I will like to see how the constitution of the federal republic will run in tandem with sharia laws in the (in due course) affected states.

If the northerners are seeking secession in the guise of boko haram operations, secession is what they will get. In the mean time, a protracted state of emergency is the antidote to the Borno saga.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by eherbal(m): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
kill them allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Godalone(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
These conditions can't be met.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Odunnu: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
Craze people.
Who even gave them audience?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by catso(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Am not against Amnesty, very good if they can be rehabilitated.
But to run two different laws in the same country is not just possible.
Let those that want sharia law be guided by it and be independent and those that goes with the civil law gets their own independence so that each one can practice what is suitable for them.
This demand can never work under '1 NIGERIA.'
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Mucokey(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
Dis Rascals must be shown de direct way 2 hell cos there is where i strongly believe dey all belong.
Whic kin nonsensical morale dey tink dey possess  sad angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by proffmanue(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
they should renounce any thing that have to do with western invention and return to the stone age era. then we may think of hw to rehabilitate them into the civilize world via amnesty because of there ignorant of the modern society.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by metrixauto: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
am still suprise y FG cannot crush these useless pple,can they be more sophisticated than the ND millitant?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by omenala(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2011
Arrant nonsense! They deserve to be wiped out. Where are the northern nairalanders? I'll like to here what alh harem, namfav, mai woteva and of course that crack head called blazay have to say.
Thank God yaradua was in power when thier leader was sent to hell, if not these morons would be blaming jonathan and calling for his head too.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by 190: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
IM NOT NIGERIAN

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHO'S BOKOLO HARAM
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by strangest(m): 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
Definition of AMNESTY. : the act of an authority (as a government) by which pardon is granted to a large group of individuals.

I do not think this is what they are asking for, they are threatening that they will continue bombing and killing Christians if their demands are not reached,

well, well, well, They should also be prepared because the policemen that they killed their families and friends still have the grudges in their mind and are ready to kill them again like chickens,
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by zikclassiq(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
Oh please give me a break! These aint serious? Oh come on! Such outrageous demands. Why didnt they ask for "boko haram state of nigeria ?". This is just what they want-recognition-attention, n what have you. A duly democratically elected governor resign because some small-pain-in-the-tooth-irrelevant-but-definetly-not-pushover-extremist-sect-probably-less-than-a-thousand group of people wants or demands it? Huh!? Lets see what GEJ does about this!
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by collinsJn(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
I Wonder If d BOMBS and GUNS dey Use 're Not WESTERNIZED ? Useless Set Of People.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by JUO(m): 1:42pm On Jun 14, 2011
they must be out of their mind
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by MMM2(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2011
sh-it
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by DeCleff(m): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Its evident that u talk b4 thinking. Just tell me why u are comparing ND militants 2 Boko haran? The ND owns over 80% of Nigeria's wealth yet living in abject poverty while most states ih north were flourishing with our resources. Having seen and frustrated by the injustice done to us FG. They took up arms  and called militants.

Can u tell me what injustics FG did to the north that prompted boko haran to take up arms killing innocent people and burning down churches? Absolutely nothing but religious insanity.

Talking about militants been paid,  yes they deserves even more than they are been paid now cause its their money. The bilions of naria distributed monthly across the 36 states are from Niger Delta. So please stop making the mistake of comparing ND militants to boko haran because agitation and terrorism are never the same.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Ecash1: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
190:

IM NOT NIGERIAN

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHO'S BOKOLO HARAM

I must start by saying in Nigerian prayer slang, "May you not know them'.
they are group of extremists in the North- East part of Nigeria, precisely in a state called "Borno State", they are against western education and they kill any body that is against their ideology be he Muslim or Christian.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by DeCleff(m): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Its evident that u talk b4 thinking. Just tell me why u are comparing ND militants 2 Boko haran? The ND owns over 80% of Nigeria's wealth yet living in abject poverty while most states ih north were flourishing with our resources. Having seen and frustrated by the injustice done to us FG. They took up arms  and called militants.

Can u tell me what injustics FG did to the north that prompted boko haran to take up arms killing innocent people and burning down churches? Absolutely nothing but religious insanity.

Talking about militants been paid,  yes they deserves even more than they are been paid now cause its their money. The bilions of naria distributed monthly across the 36 states are from Niger Delta. So please stop making the mistake of comparing ND militants to boko haran because agitation and terrorism are never the same.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by DeCleff(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Its evident that u talk b4 thinking. Just tell me why u are comparing ND militants 2 Boko haran? The ND owns over 80% of Nigeria's wealth yet living in abject poverty while most states ih north were flourishing with our resources. Having seen and frustrated by the injustice done to us FG. They took up arms and called militants.

Talking about militants been paid, yes they deserves even more than they are been paid now cause its their money. The bilions of naria distributed monthly across the 36 states are from Niger Delta. So please stop making the mistake of comparing ND militants to boko haran because agitation and terrorism are never the same.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by bisiaet: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
Look at this animals God forsaken goats given condition of ceasefire may you all roten in H E L L please dont cease any fire carry on and if anyone would beg you to cease that fire God will punish you and that person.

No negotiation with terrorist so if you like cease the h e l l fire or keep it glowing and burning. If you the descendant of nastards think you can take Nigeria for a ride go ahead and let see how far it will take you.

May God punish you all you Boko Goat Harram suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by DeCleff(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Its evident that u talk b4 thinking. Just tell me why u are comparing ND militants 2 Boko haran? The ND owns over 80% of Nigeria's wealth yet living in abject poverty while most states ih north were flourishing with our resources. Having seen and frustrated by the injustice done to us FG. They took up arms and called militants.

Talking about militants been paid, yes they deserves even more than they are been paid now cause its their money. The bilions of naria distributed monthly across the 36 states are from Niger Delta. So please stop making the mistake of comparing ND militants to boko haran because agitation and terrorism are never the same.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by violent(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2011
*****now singing Fela, quietly*****

Ah- Let’s get now into another, underground spiritual game
Just go to help me the answer, go to say, “Aiya-kata”- Oh ya

O’feshe-Lu
[CHORUS] AIYA-KATA *(after each line)
O’feshe- g’Ba

O’feshe-Woh
O’feshe-Weng
Aiya kata
Aiya Koto
Aiya Kiti
Aiya Kutu

O’feshe-Lu
O’feshe- g’Ba

Oh-----,

Basket mouth wan start to leak again, oh-
[CHORUS] BASKET MOUTH WAN OPEN MOUTH AGAIN, OH
Abi** you don forget I say I sing, ee-oh **(is it not)
[CHORUS] BASKET MOUTH WAN OPEN MOUTH AGAIN, OH
Oh, I sing, I say, I go my mouth like basket, ee-oh, Malan Bia-gbe-re
(stanza 2x)

The time weh I dey, for prison, I call am “inside world”
The time weh I dey outside prison, I call am “outside world”
Na craze world, na be outside world

Na be outside- da police-i dey
Na be outside- da soldier dey
Na be outside- da court dem dey
Na be outside- da magistrate dey
Na be outside- da judge dem dey
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- Buhari dey
Na craze man be dat
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- Idia-gbon dey
Na craze man be dat- oh
Animal in craze-man skin-i
Na craze world be dat
Na be outside- dem find me guilty
Na be outside- dem jail me five years
------------------I no do nothing
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by daroz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
And how where they able to explain the word AMNESTY to them in hausa?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by daroz(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
@violet, what`s all that for?
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by violent(m): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
***continues singing quietly***

Make you hear this one [sax responses]
War against indiscipline, ee-oh

Na Nigerian government, ee-oh
Dem dey talk ee-oh
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

Dem dey talk be dat
“My people are us-e-less, My people are sens-i-less, My people are indiscipline”

I never hear dat before- oh
Make Government talk, ee-oh

Dem dey talk be dat
Which kind talk be dat- oh?
Craze talk be dat ee-oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh
Na animal talk be dat – oh

[CHORUS] MANY LEADERS AS YOU SEE DEM
[CHORUS] NA DIFFERENT DISGUISE DEM DEY-OH
[CHORUS] ANIMALS IN HUMAN SKIN
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I PUT-U TIE-OH
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I WEAR AGBADA
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I PUT-U SUIT-U

These disguising leaders ee-oh, na wah for dem [sax responses after each]
Dem-o hold meeting everywhere, dem reach America
Dem call the place, the “United Nations” [sax responses after each]
Hear-oh another animal talk
Wetin united inside “United Nations”?
Who & who unite, for “United Nations”?
No be there Thatcher & Argentina dey
No be there Reagan & Libya dey
Is-i-rael versus Lebanon
Iran-i-oh versus Iraq-i
East West Block versus West Block East
No be there dem dey oh- United Nations
Dis “united” United Nations
One veto vote is equal to 92 […OR MORE, OR MORE]
What kind sense be dat, na animal sense (2x)

[CHORUS] MANY LEADERS AS YOU SEE DEM
[CHORUS] NA DIFFERENT DISGUISE DEM DEY-OH
[CHORUS] ANIMALS IN HUMAN SKIN
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I PUT-U TIE-OH
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I WEAR AGBADA
[CHORUS] ANIMAL-I PUT-U SUIT-U
*(2x- 2nd time with lead voc)

Dem go hold meeting, oh, Dem go start yab human beings
Animal talk don start again
Dash dem, human rights

Dem go hold meeting, oh, Dem go start yab human beings
Animal talk don start again
Dash dem human rights
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
What is good for the goose (MEND) is good for the gander (BOKOHARAM) cool cool cool cool cool cool

BTW: The EX governor should be probed as stated, that's not too much to ask, he must know something about Boko Haram and their activities hence the reason the leader was hastily killed to avoid him ratting out all the sponsors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System / Soyinka Urges Buhari To Dialogue With Militants- Daily Trust / The American Oil Boom Won't Last Long At $65 Per Barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.