Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire (8654 Views)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Boko-Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire.. . . . / Boko Haram Gives 3 Days Ultimatum To Southerners Living In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by busayochic: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
Yes the Niger Delta militants were granted amnesty but they didnt give conditions to the fedral govt before taking the deal!
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
odiaero:

And dont u see the conditions?

On one hand,I dislike the boko haram campaign and their modus operandi but the problem can only be solved if the government takes the necessary political will.These guys are bent on seeing their ideology being recognise but shutting them out won't bring any soultion.
Indonesia has over 80% muslims population yet they are the fourth largest democracy in the world.how did they do it ? The problem with Nigeria is that our government is too lazy to research in modern crisis resolution,all they know is deplore Mopol and angry-looking soldiers whenever there is an outbreak of crisis and afterwards set up panel of enquiry that will come up with resolutions that can't be implemented.
The Nigerian governmnt is bigger than boko haram and it is a must that they do something to quell their rising menace .
DeCleff:

Its evident that u talk b4 thinking. Just tell me why u are comparing ND militants 2 Boko haran? The ND owns over 80% of Nigeria's wealth yet living in abject poverty while most states ih north were flourishing with our resources. Having seen and frustrated by the injustice done to us FG. They took up arms and called militants.

Can u tell me what injustics FG did to the north that prompted boko haran to take up arms killing innocent people and burning down churches? Absolutely nothing but religious insanity.

Talking about militants been paid, yes they deserves even more than they are been paid now cause its their money. The bilions of naria distributed monthly across the 36 states are from Niger Delta. So please stop making the mistake of comparing ND militants to boko haran because agitation and terrorism are never the same.

Whether you like it or not,boko haram and ND hooliganism fall under SOCIAL problem and the same attention is to be given to both problems.ND youths are more armed, sophisticated and brutal than the boko harams.so if they can be granted amnesty,why exempt the boko harams.what they need is just an ideological change.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by otitokoro1: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
I am beginning think that this militants are terrorist that are on the sponsorship of government of their states, If not Al-Qaeda Network should have been giving amnesty too
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by 190: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
E cash:

I must start by saying in Nigerian prayer slang, "May you not know them'.
they are group of extremists in the North- East part of Nigeria, precisely in a state called "Borno State", they are against western education and they kill any body that is against their ideology be he Muslim or Christian.

But why cant they BOMB NIGERIA i mean why cant Nigeria Bomb them angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by violent(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
190:

But why cant they BOMB NIGERIA i mean why cant Nigeria Bomb them angry angry

This guy, you dey crase, i can't believe the dude was answering you!
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by sammieone(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
northen leaders should warn this boko haram people cos if govt decide to pound on them it will be total wipe off. their parent should call their children and youth to order now, else they will mourn them, Nigeria christians are not to be toy with, they better get warn else they will face wrath from God Almighty and Man.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by ak47mann(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
they should arrest all boko haram members and castrate them angry angry angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by otitokoro1: 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Niger Delta Militant and others should deal with the corrupt politician instead of killing innocent people.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by teskyg: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2011
BASTARDS:IMAJINE,GIVING CONDITIONS, AFTER SENDING SO MANY PEOPLE TO THEIR EARLY GRAVE, THEY RIDE IN SUVS,CARRY SOPHISTICATED ARMS MANUFACTURE BY THE WEST THAT ARE EDUCATED AND THEY REFERED TO THEMSELVES AS BOKO HARAM, WHAT A CONTRADICTION:THEY SHOULD BE USING BOW AND ARROW AND RIDDING ON DONKEYS(THEY ARE) AND HORSES AND ALSO LEAVE ON TREES TO MAKE THEIR AGITATION CLEARER.I BLAME THE GOVERNMENT FOR WASTING SO MUCH TIME LISTENING TO THOSE RETARDS WHO THE ONLY HABITAT MEANT FOR THEM IS THE JUNGLE,

COMMON SENCE SHOULD TELL THEM MIGRATE WITH THEIR FOLLOWERS TO THE DESERT AND START THEIR OWN COLONY,
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by chibest5(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
my only happiness is that Nigeria will  disintegrate immediately Jonathan steps down and nobody from Igbo land is given a chance to really divide the country not rule so that they will go and Buko Haram their fathers and mothers and even all those their selfish past and present leaders.

I am just imagining what the drama will look like chei. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by 190: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2011
BOKOLO HARMA SHOULD BE SENT TO ITALY FOR SLAVE TRADE angry angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
[size=18pt]BOMB THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL[/size]
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by ushafe(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
the fools taught they are wise. because the south, east and west kept them quite, well the end shall tell.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by jmaine: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
I  feel the federal Government should give them a bait and them slammed them all in a blitz attack . . just as it was done in medieval times
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2011
Time for air strikes abeg, too much talk dey spoil film.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by jmaine: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Roland17:

Time for air strikes abeg, too much talk dey spoil film.

grin grin
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by phreakabit(m): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
How come no of them mentioned 40 virg physical virgins?   This guys dey fall my hand oh! I always thought that was the most important part of it all. . . . . I mean we are talking of 40 fresh kongos here! angry
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by ak47mann(m): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
i volunteer am good at flying f16 jets let me help Jonathan tongue this one i will fly so high at list 5000 feet then maneuver like few time as am rotating am releasing a bomb called "GO GET THEM JACK" it goes with accuracy as the bomb lands everything withing 200 yards will catch flames trust me the remaning casualties will run cross chad and Nigel republic  cool cool
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by T9ksy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
@ Violent,

Abi ojare!!! thanks for taking us down memory lane.

They wan dash animals, human rights!!!

Only in 9ja where "everything is Upside Down"  grin

I dey "Look & Laugh".

Omo iya aje R.I.P o! Everything you croned 3 decades ago is still occuring in our contri o.

Bloody perambulators!

@ Honeric01,

God bless you!

I mentioned that when their leader was hastily shot dead just after he hinted that his backers were formidable politicians but no-one took notice. Now the present gomino of borneo state recently informed us that the sect were made up of "aliens" from neighbouring countries in the north.

Here is me thinking they were "unknown" terrorists! grin Afterall, we already had unknown "soldiers", unknown "police" and unknown "civilians". Even kpakpa sef, we had unknown "government" before the almighty spared us our blushes by finally taking that dead-man-walking yara dozer into his bosom or hottest "kitchen"
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Ekpoma1: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
It is annoyin when dis people believe they can do anything/wateva they like n go scot free. If fed govt dare negotiate with this moro.n pple, that means anybody can come up with a group 2 terrorize dis country n at the end call 4 negotiation as well.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by deadie(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
Please, give them all their demands. Then build a very large fence protected with armed guards, radioactivity, electricity, snakes and whatever dangerous you can lay your hands on, to separate the north and south. Any living thing that comes within 50 km of the exclusion zone should be eliminated.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by kpogede77: 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
Why is the JTF more interested in bombing the niger delta than bombing Koko haram? John Togo's demand is more reasonable than the demand of Boko' RAM'. The Niger delta issue is a right and not a privilege . The oil companies came to destroy the environment and render their fishing job useless and the people became jobless. Naturally the oil has to create alternative means of income for them. Unlike Boko haram whose demands have no meaning. They should be bombed as well. If JTF could discover all the militant hide out in the creek, they should discover their hide out too. Is it because of the Bunkery activities that the JTF is doing in the Niger delta. It is obvious that northern leaders are sponsoring Boko Haram so as to use them to negotiate. What has the election of GEJ got to do with their demand when they detonated bombs on the day of inauguration. There will be a balance of terror very soon. Since the life in Afganistan is their role model, we will cut them off so that they can name their country Afganistan. If only John Togo can resist JTF for several months and kill so many soldiers, imagine what will happen if all of us take a unanimous decision to fight the northerners. We are only according GEJ his God given opportunity to rule this country.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by MeGaStReEt: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
see all these shoes makers ooo
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by JaaizTech: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
To be honest the issue of Boko Haram is different from the issue Niger-Delta, although poverty is something common in both agendas. Boko Haram has been gaining grounds because of abject poverty in the state, both intelectually and physically.People live in a hopeless situation and to add to it in abject ignorance. They easily become easy tools to be manipulated by some confused crazy ideologists.

I am sure the FG is doing more than we think to quash the Boko Haram, but the scary thing is that they are not making much success. To quash Boko Haram, Govt. has to be employ very intelligent tactics to first break the group up, there are some in the group who are driven by the thought that their life is in despair because of the secular system we run, a lot are driven by hopelessness and poverty, and there are some who are driven by a miscontrued ideology.Govt needs to reassure the group and its members that they can have a bright future, that there is hope for them if they drop their weapons. This way they can start turning them against themselves, because I am sure 60% of their members would rather live in peace if they are sure of a means of sustainance, there would be those advocating for the acceptance of the amnesty and there will be those advocating for the rejection.

All Govt. needs to do then is pull those advocating for the acceptance closer and use them to quash and expose the hardened ones. But first they must open the door for dialogue with this people, what they are asking for is just a mouth-say, they themselves are not ready for it. There is Sharia in the North already but they are still confused about the whole thing, what they want is a good life but they think only sharia can bring them that, until they have that good life they will continue to be confused about what they want, until they get that good education they will remain myopic.

The govt. of Bauchi has a big role to play, it is very simple. If the people resist education in English, then give them Education in Arabic. English is just a language, physics, chemistry, mathematics, sciences, social sciences can all be thought in arabic as it is thought in Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. When the people are educated and exposed then they will start to see that there is nothing haram about this english, they will start to embrace education and not see it as something of the west but as useful knowledge. All their Govt. needs is will .I am sure with all the money at Govt. 's disposal they can even influence the big mallams to even say "lack of education is haram". I tell you it is that simple
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by Koikoi(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
Amnesty for all criminals.if the ND militants can be pardoned despite all they have done,why can't boko harams be granted amnesty too ? What is good for the goose is good for the gander !

This so much unlike Bluetooth reasoning upside down. The ND Militants are fighting a just cause, a cause that may one just one day make this country lead become great. What's boko haram cause?

Whether you like it or not,boko haram and ND hooliganism fall under  SOCIAL problem and the same attention is to be given to both problems.ND youths are more armed, sophisticated and brutal than the boko harams.so if they can be granted amnesty,why exempt the boko harams.what they need is just an ideological change.

Tell me who needs the ideological change? how do you wish to change religious bigots, who sees nothing good in other pple's religious beliefs. You are one of those I respect on this forum, but comparing this two sects is like comparing daylight with Darkness simply because they are opposite. Pls sir, reason in a logical way.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by mayofab(f): 6:43am On Jun 15, 2011
Amnesty for all criminals.if the ND militants can be pardoned despite all they have done,why can't boko harams be granted amnesty too ? What is good for the goose is good for the gander !

but there IS a difference between ND militants and boko haram!!
ND militancy started as a last resort to the maltreatment of people in the ND in the course of oil pilferage and lack of amenities and jobs,
BOKO HARAM IS JUST SOME IDIOTS SICK AND UNSUBSTANTIATED NOTION OF HOW A COUNTRY AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE RUN.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by ow11(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2011
JaaizTech:

To be honest the issue of Boko Haram is different from the issue Niger-Delta, although poverty is something common in both agendas. Boko Haram has been gaining grounds because of abject poverty in the state, both intelectually and physically.People live in a hopeless situation and to add to it in abject ignorance. They easily become easy tools to be manipulated by some confused crazy ideologists.

I am sure the FG is doing more than we think to quash the Boko Haram, but the scary thing is that they are not making much success. To quash Boko Haram, Govt. has to be employ very intelligent tactics to first break the group up, there are some in the group who are driven by the thought that their life is in despair because of the secular system we run, a lot are driven by hopelessness and poverty, and there are some who are driven by a miscontrued ideology.Govt needs to reassure the group and its members that they can have a bright future, that there is hope for them if they drop their weapons. This way they can start turning them against themselves, because I am sure 60% of their members would rather live in peace if they are sure of a means of sustainance, there would be those advocating for the acceptance of the amnesty and there will be those advocating for the rejection.

All Govt. needs to do then is pull those advocating for the acceptance closer and use them to quash and expose the hardened ones. But first they must open the door for dialogue with this people, what they are asking for is just a mouth-say, they themselves are not ready for it. There is Sharia in the North already but they are still confused about the whole thing, what they want is a good life but they think only sharia can bring them that, until they have that good life they will continue to be confused about what they want, until they get that good education they will remain myopic.

The govt. of Bauchi has a big role to play, it is very simple. If the people resist education in English, then give them Education in Arabic. English is just a language, physics, chemistry, mathematics, sciences, social sciences can all be thought in arabic as it is thought in Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. When the people are educated and exposed then they will start to see that there is nothing haram about this english, they will start to embrace education and not see it as something of the west but as useful knowledge. All their Govt. needs is will .I am sure with all the money at Govt. 's disposal they can even influence the big mallams to even say "lack of education is haram". I tell you it is that simple

AGREED!

A serious government will take this quote to heart. Islam in Nigeria is a big deal! If it means making Arabic a second official language to quell the nerves of these people, then so be it!

I wish the FG will take this sharia thing seriously and try to get the northern youths educated(incl. those fulani nomads)
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by bisiaet: 9:35am On Jun 15, 2011
No country has ever negotiate with terrorist anywhere in the world and Nigeria will not and will never be the first. I repeat over and over You all Boko whatever if you change your mind and cease that fire or cease bombing or cease killing God will punish you. Go ahead do more bombing and killing ok may your soul all rot in H E L L animals!!!!

To hell with them all. I think the Fed Govt is too lenient on this matter they should go after them and wipe all these eye sore bastards out of the face of Nigeria.
Re: Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire by ikennabru: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
one day,a cheating wife will ask for amnesty from the husband.
by the way,who initiated this amnesty thing.
Let the government grant amnesty for all unemployed and lets see if things will not change.
How I wish we have a strong internal security system,boko haram dont manufacture arms and bombs,who taught them how to disguise,who tutored them on how to assasinate in the midst of a crowd?
Why have the police not dared any arrest on them since this onslaught.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING: 55 Yr Old Man Caught Raping A Cow With Coconut Oil As Lubricant [pics] / R-A-P-E! On Tape In Aso Rock- Jonathan Covers Up The Scandal / Official Results Of Imo State Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.