Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song (43051 Views)

Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge / Twitter Removes Osinbajo's Verification Tag / Obidients React As Twitter Removes Blue Tick From Peter Obi’s Twitter Handle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Billionairebarb(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2021
I think a lawyer should know better, talk more of a professor of law. Tainting the image of the country in every means

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by KingDamzzy(m): 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
freshkpomo:

Is this not the same ZOMBIE VP that many of you (suffering and smiling crew) call Mr. Integrity? This fool and his boss have banned twitter for the poor masses yet they go behind back doors to tweet.

This guy is just as heartless or even worse than Buhari, don't let his INNOCENT facial looks and Meek nature decieve you.

When people call him Mr. Integrity, all I see is stupid people ready for another round of suffering.

If only you actually settled down to read and understand before typing this stupid comment, you would have realized that the so called tweet was sent in March, a long time before the twitter ban was effected in June.

It's a pity that immediately you saw Osibanjo your thinking faculty stopped working and your abuse mentality lighted up.

Who is the stupid one now?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Sctests: 5:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
A professor stealing intellectual property. His PhD thesis and publications should be investigated thoroughly. He may have plagiarized his way to professorship.

There is something very phoney about osinbade that is he always tries to hide under the aura of intellectualism in order to deceive the undiscerning zombies.
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Iliveforever(m): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, it will cost him Millions of dollars o. Where u want make e take see that kind money?

Lol
The money dey ok but na me and you go still pay through tax
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by BABANGBALI: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2021
A whole professor of law fa
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by lexy2014: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Oh yes he is my Vice President too as well as yours. I’m not defending any man, I’m defending my country. Twitter doesn’t care about your tribe or religion. They see you all as Nigerians.

That’s my point. A Nigerian vice president’s tweet got deleted by Twitter because a Nigerian reported the VPs tweet for wrongly using Beyoncé’s song. Nigerians rejoice.

It all reflects back on Nigeria and Nigerians. Keep it up. Keep dragging yourselves in the mud, it’s you (the common Nigerian) who will suffer for it, not Osinbajo.

if he was your vice president who u were proud of, your comment should have been "My Vice President’s tweet got deleted" and not "Your Vice President’s tweet got deleted."

was osinbajo guilty of violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) on twitter?

is osinbajo the country? was it nigeria that violated the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) on twitter?

what has religion or tribe got to do with d discussion? i asked u earlier "what has yoruba or muslim got to do with d discussion?"

according to u "They see you all as Nigerians". once again, it shows that u arent even proud of what u say u are defending.

according to u: A Nigerian vice president’s tweet got deleted by Twitter because a Nigerian reported the VPs tweet for wrongly using Beyoncé’s song. Nigerians rejoice.

so u mean that the VP "wrongly" used beyonces song? what should be the punishment for wrongly using beyonces song?

how does deleting osinbajos tweet reflect back on nigeria and nigerians?

when u say "Keep dragging yourselves in the mud", who are the "yourselves"?

when you say "you (the common Nigerian)", who are the "common nigerians" and which category are u?

how will the "common nigerians" suffer for osinbajos tweet being deleted? once again, whose tweet was deleted?
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by UncleKoboko: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
Bastardlyrich:
She should sue the dwarf afonja,corrupt muslim.
Osibanjo isva Yoruba muslim.
Afonja Muslim is not about religion,it is a way of life.
Any afonja supporting these corrupt regime is a Yoruba Muslim.
#bring back gej or Igbo presidency so all man go enjoy. kiss kiss kiss
Why are OSU ipob jew pigs always bleating frustration in anything that concerns Yorubas?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by diogo23: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
omenkaLives:
Still struding along with his ipobic rants.

The subject matter is COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT dumbo. How difficult is that to read? He didn't STEAL the song and claim ownership. He only used it as an appendage to a video without authorization. I can only imagine how many of such you've done today. Perhaps you should be held behind bars.

Such irritating levels of ignorance in ipob land.
Everybody on nairaland is ipob, what a stupid way of thinking. Are you not stupid by thinking that way?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by macrodata(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Lol, it will cost him Millions of dollars o. Where u want make e take see that kind money?
E be like say you never understand how water dey take pass under bridge. cheesy
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by diogo23: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
Golan007:

An infringement is not a crime but it could have penalties.

In any case, is there a cease and desist letter ?

I'm sure there's none.

Why will say that a thing that carry penalty is not a crime bros?
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Sctests: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
kingawothefirst:

Oh yes he is my Vice President too as well as yours. I’m not defending any man, I’m defending my country. Twitter doesn’t care about your tribe or religion. They see you all as Nigerians.

That’s my point. A Nigerian vice president’s tweet got deleted by Twitter because a Nigerian reported the VPs tweet for wrongly using Beyoncé’s song. Nigerians rejoice.

It all reflects back on Nigeria and Nigerians. Keep it up. Keep dragging yourselves in the mud, it’s you (the common Nigerian) who will suffer for it, not Osinbajo.

Mugu dey preach, when monkeys and bonobos like you were hailing your divisive presidiot because he insults a part of the country that you hate, you didn't remember we were 'all nigerians'.

Na your BMC skull wey dey drag for mud. We'll make you sweat on your scrotum for that measly 30k stipend. Ewu awusa. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
Esseite:

Either plagiarism, copyright infringement or intellectual theft they all have one thing in common... Theft...

In as much as the VP does not handle his social media accounts, it goes to show the level of incompetence amongst aides in such high level of office. As approval of the tweet would have definitely passed through various tables.

I can bet that yourself have stolen more than music soundtrack. All the pirated software you using is a grand theft
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

I can bet that yourself have stolen more than music soundtrack. All the pirated software you using is a grand theft

We are talking about office of the presidency, it's not our level of cut and join... there are numerous indigenous artist that could have done it free..
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Owologbo(m): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:
We all know Osinbajo meant well. A media aide(s) obviously made that video. His media aides/team should also be held accountable, since they are expected to know better. A good media aide wouldn't create such video with copyright infringement and present it to his boss, without first clearing such video of intending lawsuits. The VP will probably fire or sanction the media team responsible for such video.
I trust Osinbajo to handle this case with maturity. He is not a tout like Buhari. Even Beyoncé will be so impressed with how osinbajo will handle it that she might not even file a lawsuit, but simply appreciate that her music was used in commemoration of Women's day.
Over hyping of the condolence VP.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ChiefSosa(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2021
ArewaNorth:

I mean if this can be excused as a mistake of VP's media team then almost all our leaders social media platforms are handled by media aides and should equally be excused in all their nonsensical publicity!
Nah, it should not be excused, that's why we have rules. Without rules, we are nothing but savages.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by okefranci: 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2021
This is just the old news that happened before the tweeter barn
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ChiefSosa(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
Iliveforever:

Lol
The money dey ok but na me and you go still pay through tax
Abi o. Our useless government just like wasting tax payers' money anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ityP(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
kingawothefirst:

With citizens like you, the country will never run out of embarrassment.

Don't go and face your useless president. You don't know that
just as good leadership, bad leadership also does not need any publicity. Hypocrite. No o, as everything is going wrong with this nation, hunger and insecurity plaguing the masses, they shouldn't voice out. They should lie to the world that all is well. God forbid for una
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ChiefSosa(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
macrodata:
E be like say you never understand how water dey take pass under bridge. cheesy
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2021
Esseite:

We are talking about office of the presidency, it's not our level of cut and join... there are numerous indigenous artist that could have done it free..

The person that used the song do appreciate the art work, and was used to celebrate women's day in the artist should appreciate. The by product wasn't produced to make money.

Beyonce is just being selfish and have no regard for women
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ityP(m): 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Sctests:

Mugu dey preach, when monkeys and bonobos like you were hailing your divisive presidiot because he insults a part of the country that you hate, you didn't remember we were 'all nigerians'.

Na your BMC skull wey dey drag for mud. We'll make you sweat for that 30k stipend. Ewu awusa. grin

Don't mind the mumu people. When you point out this failed govt, na then dem go remember "patriotism". Hypocrites
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Joylove2324(f): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by ityP(m): 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
lexy2014:

if he was your vice president who u were proud of, your comment should have been "My Vice President’s tweet got deleted" and not "Your Vice President’s tweet got deleted."

was osinbajo guilty of violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) on twitter?

is osinbajo the country? was it nigeria that violated the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) on twitter?

what has religion or tribe got to do with d discussion? i asked u earlier "what has yoruba or muslim got to do with d discussion?"

according to u "They see you all as Nigerians". once again, it shows that u arent even proud of what u say u are defending.

according to u: A Nigerian vice president’s tweet got deleted by Twitter because a Nigerian reported the VPs tweet for wrongly using Beyoncé’s song. Nigerians rejoice.

so u mean that the VP "wrongly" used beyonces song? what should be the punishment for wrongly using beyonces song?

how does deleting osinbajos tweet reflect back on nigeria and nigerians?

when u say "Keep dragging yourselves in the mud", who are the "yourselves"?

when you say "you (the common Nigerian)", who are the "common nigerians" and which category are u?

how will the "common nigerians" suffer for osinbajos tweet being deleted? once again, whose tweet was deleted?

No mind am. He means the person who reported is not patriotic grin. People wey don kolo
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Deputy1111(m): 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
The cable need to search for better news that will profit Nigerians, not this kind trash. You are referring to a tweet that was posted in March in December.
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by maybanks: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
These sons and daughters of Hate from somewhere in the East couldn't find anything against Osinbajo but to check through his Twitter account to Report a tweet that was made long before the FG banned Twitter simply because they know Twitter Algorithm works in a robotic Manner. Well bad news for them Wailers, This Agenda will not Agend every one on the internet use other person's work without seeking their consent.
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2021
FreelanceRebel:

The person that used the song do appreciate the art work, and was used to celebrate women's day in the artist should appreciate. The by product wasn't produced to make money.

Beyonce is just being selfish and have no regard for women

Haba.. but the VP got the accolades on the program initiative spread via the tweet "naah".. it may have not been physical cash, but political mileage.
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by NGpatriot: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
obehi247:

well, in as much i know that you are very correct but it's stupid to come on me like. i just to spice things up.

Stop crying.

Must you people allow yourselves to be used and fooled by SR like illiterates?

You people act as if you are brainless, you just swallow all manner of rubbish in the name of politics, tribalism and bigotry and end up embarrassing yourselves as if you did not go to school.

What's our business with the old and irrelevant tweet, months before we happily banned Twitter sef.
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by NGpatriot: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
Twitter is still banned, good riddance...

Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Dpaulie(m): 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
When our leaders are neither responsible nor responsive
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by Hassanmaye(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
obehi247:
you mean the professor commited plagiarism
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song by OneManLegion(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
omenkaLives:
They said COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, not plagiarism.

Go school, some of una refuse. Read ma, una refuse. If you had taken a moment to read, you'd understand the action was simply taken because he used Beyonce's song as a background soundtrack on a video he made commemorating Women's Day. It is not a big deal.

He made the post on MARCH 8 and it was removed YESTERDAY, yet some folks still noticed!! Omo, witchcraft is real!!

By the way, we all do this EVERYDAY on social media. How many videos, pictures, or songs do we contact their owners before using? Probably none!

"Plagiarism" and "copyright infringement" are synonymous with each other. The only ignorant person here is you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Delayed From Landing By Patience Jonathan - Stella Dimokokorkus / Maj Ayangbesan, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents (pic) / Dakuku Peterside Appointed As DG Of NIMASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.