Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,471 members, 7,850,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Am I Still Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Still Single (369 Views)

Val Wahala; Why Are You Still Single? / Why Are You Still Single ? / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Still Single by Pukkalolo: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2021
Some people are single because they choose to . They are not interested in being in a serious relationship with anyone at this time in their life. If you are in that category, then this article is not for you.

The point of this write-up isn’t to insult any single woman or man. However, for people, particularly those who are ripe for serious long-term relationship , who are looking for answers to the perplexing question “why am I still single?”, here are some harsh answers.

Over the next 3 minutes of your single life, I’m going to tell you why you're single. Friends, get ready for some real talk. There will be a lot of brutal, harsh and provocative talk in this post. So if you have a fragile ego then this content might annoy you a bit. You have been warned.

Let's get started.

As men and women, there are different dating/relationship problems we experience in our dealings with the opposite sex. The following are some of the problems:

* They seem attracted to you initially but after the first, second or third date, they suddenly lose interest in you.

* You offer a lot in the relationship while he/she (your partner) just sit and enjoy it all without giving anything in return.

* You often find yourself in a relationship with emotionally unavailable people.

* You seem to attract liars, gold digger s, psycho, narcissists, time wasters and opportunists almost all the time.

* Your partner is not as affectionate as you expected.

* The ones you don’t really care about want you but the ones you really care keep pushing you away.

* Your partner treats you with disrespect.

* You are in a relationship with an abusive partner.

* You care so much about this person and you put in everything you got in the relationship, but you get little or nothing in return.

* You and your partner have different common interests and values, and it’s causing a lot of friction in the relationship.

* You often find yourself emotionally invested in people who have no true interest in you.

* You can hardly get a date to save your life.

In conjunction with these problems, there's the million dollar question:

"Why am Still single?"

If you currently asking yourself that question, then I believe there's a reason why you you're single.
I won't come here and claim I know exactly why you're single--that's because I know nothing about you: I don't know what you look like; I don't know your current situation; I don't know your background, religion or whatever ever.

Yes, the dating and relationship scene is very rough and messy. It's filled with people who aren't ready for serious commitment. To complicate matters, it's also filled with bitter feminists, wannabe alpha males and immature kids who always look for internet quotes to support their stupidity instead of just admitting that they are they are full of shit.

Premarital sex also add to the mess. Most of our mothers and grandmother married before the age of 23. And most of them married as virgins. But now premarital sex is the order of the day. Many of our girls has started fucking even before the age of 16 years. There are now many single ladies above 30 years old because men aren't really excited about getting married again unlike before. Premarital sex is the cause of it.

Premarital sex has led to more heartbreaks because people get intimate physically before they get to know the other person’s real interest and intentions.

Our movies also contribute to the mess in the dating scene; Movies plants a seed in a boy's head that he's not really worthy of the affection of a beautiful girl unless he’s does something great like saving the world from the bad guys or curing cancer. They also plant a seed in a girl's head that if a boy isn’t going out of his way to impress her and treat her special, then he doesn't really love her.

When you're not getting the results you want in dating, it's easier to feel like the victim. Yes, you're good person; you've got good intentions-- is like these opposite sex are just blind to your many good qualities-- if only they would just look in to your heart and see that you are nice person with a very big heart.

But the harsh reality is, people don't choose to commit to you because you're a good person. But people would want to commit to you if you're attractive. When you're highly attractive and appealing more people would want to date you or marry you.

That's the reality, let's not pretend.

A very beautiful lady will have more options than a ugly lady. All things being equal, an handsome guy will have more options than an ugly guy.

I know many of us are not naturally blessed with the genetic of a physically attractive person so the dating scene might be tough and frustrating for us. But the good news is, if you're not physically attractive, then you can be behaviorally attractive.

Being behaviorally attractive has nothing to do with being a good or nice person.
There so many good and nice people who are single, lonely and heartbrokened... That's because having a good behavior doesn't equals to having an attractive behavior. They are entirely different thing.

Don't get me wrong, It's good to be good person; no doubt about that. Being a good person is far better than being a bad person. I rather associate with a good person than a bad person. But in dating, goodness/niceness is not enough; It has to be surpported with something attractive. For example--as a lady, if you're beautiful and sexy and you also have a good behavior, then you're a hot cake to many guys. If you're fat, ugly and sexually unappealing but you have a good behavior, many guys would still despise you regardless.

Same goes for men. As a guy, if you are handsome or rich and you're also a nice/humble guy, everyone will value your niceness and humility. Let's take a popular celebrity like Davido for example. If Davido comes out his porch and help a old man to cross the road, every one would gush over it; everyone would mentally masturbate over it:
"Wow, Davido's such a sweet person. We need more people like this."

"He's so humble and nice...May God bless him."

But if a broke-street-loser guy is nice enough to run up to help a old man cross the road, no one would gives 2fuck about his niceness except God.

When you don't have any attractiveness to backup your goodness/niceness, not only that people won't appreciate it, people would also be suspicious of it. When a guy is ugly but nice to ladies, the ladies assumes he's only acting nice because he's trying to get accepted, phone number, dates or sex. When a lady is ugly but nice to the guys around her, they'll say she wants to be liked and accepted by men. Infact they'll say she's forming wife material so she can get husband.

Many good/nice people are being used and dumped on a daily basis. In the dating scene, If you're good and nice, then you have to be rich, famous, beautiful, handsome or behaviorally attractive so that your goodness or niceness would be appreciated and valued.
Attractive behavior is the equivalent for being rich, beautiful, handsome or famous.

When you're behaviorally attractive, you don't have to work hard to keep someone’s interest; you are naturally treated with love, tenderness, respect and appreciation. If you’re not being treated with love, respect and appreciation by your parner, then you’re probably with the wrong person OR you probably don't have an attractive behavior, which is often the case.

Yes, If you're physically attractive, then you'll have an edge in the competitive and complicated dating market. But being physically attractive is not the all mighty solution.

Your physical attractiveness may give you entrance to a mansion but your behavior attractiveness will determine how long you will stay there. In the long run, It’s your behavior that makes up who you truly are not how you physically appear. This is why they seem to be interested in you initially but after getting to know you more, they gradually start losing interest in you; this is because you don't have an attractive behavior.

To be more successful at getting what you want from the opposite sex, how you behave must be put into serious consideration.

I have met a lot of people who are quite delusional and unrealistic. They have long checklist of qualities they are looking for in others but they don't have anything close to those qualities. When you focus on what qualities others should have (or not have) instead focusing on yourself, you will always have issues with your love life and you'll keep wondering why you're always single or why you can't attract quality people.

We all want an amazing person as partner but the best way to find that amazing parner is to actually become an amazing person. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know, that's a very harsh thing to say. You may cry, gnash your teeth and get all agitated over it, but that’s just the truth..

You're not satisfy with your love life because no one has to told you the harsh truth about dating and relationship. If you're ready for some harsh, deep empowering truth and a realistic strategy to dating that will change your love life and put an end to your emotional pain, singlehood and loneliness, then learn more here.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_one_formula/44769

#stay blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Tired Of Cheating On My Girlfriend �‍♀️ / Is Masturbation A Better Idea ?? / Alert On Marital Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.