Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

What Is Our Purpose In The World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Our Purpose In The World (417 Views)

What Is The Purpose In Heaven Or Meaning In Eternal Life? / Where Are We From and What Is Our Purpose On Earth? / What Is Our Purpose On Earth? A Worth Reading Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Our Purpose In The World by caspee: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2021
The question has given me sleepiness nights
What is our purpose in life??
Why were we not left uncreated
Why suffer?

Maybe my meaningless ranting should be ignored....
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by isaiah4life(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Earth needed you so badly. God had no option than to create a special being like you to come help earth out.

Your suffering and trials are part of the solution mechanism. Don't give up. Don't make temporal hardship stop you from unleashing what's inside of you.
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by caspee: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
isaiah4life:
Earth needed you so badly. God had no option than to create a special being like you to come help earth out.

Your suffering and trials are part of the solution mechanism. Don't give up. Don't make temporal hardship stop you from unleashing what's inside of you.

Hmmm I see
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
Our purpose on this earth is to acknowledge GOD and to worshiped him.
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by DoggoneDogg: 12:26am On Dec 18, 2021
To Bleep & reproduce
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by LordReed(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:
Why suffer?

Your purpose in life is what you make of it. And you can have multiple purposes with variable durations. You have the rest of your life, live it the best you can.
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:
1. What is our purpose in life??
2. Why were we not left uncreated
3. Why suffer?

Here are Christian answers to your questions

1. God created man to serve Him on this here world. undecided

2. Your parents chose to drag your soul into existence when they made the choice to conceive you. You were dust before that took place. undecided

3. Man failed God from the time of Adam and Eve, and so since then suffering has been the lot of all sons of men - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22 undecided
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Damnfailure: 3:36am On Dec 18, 2021
We are tools God uses to sustain himself. By our worship. Hence he creating an unbalanced world where some are suffering while others enjoying. This unblanced life makes us seek him worship and that ustains him.
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by caspee: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2021
Damnfailure:
We are tools God uses to sustain himself. By our worship. Hence he creating an unbalanced world where some are suffering while others enjoying. This unblanced life makes us seek him worship and that ustains him.

Why does he need us to sustain himself?

We are supposed to depend on him to sustain us.

What do you mean by sustain??
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:

Why suffer?

I used to ask this same questions during my early 20s but today i'm grateful to God that i have all the answers to life's most important questions.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses if you will like to have the answers to your question i suggest you study this book entitled

"What Is The Purpose Of Life An How You Can Find It?"

See the contents below.
And if you feel like not studying any religious book please feel free to ask me any question pertaining to the topic of discussion.
May you have PEACE!

Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Damnfailure: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:

Why does he need us to sustain himself?

We are supposed to depend on him to sustain us.

What do you mean by sustain??

Our worship
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:
1. Why does he need us to sustain himself?

2. We are supposed to depend on him to sustain us.

3. What do you mean by sustain??
Again, from a Christian perspective

1. He doesn't. undecided

2. You can also chose not to depend on Him like the many billions in the world do daily - eat by the sweat of your own brow. undecided

3. It is simply an idea born of a delusion. I think Neil Gaiman wrote of this in his bestseller, "American Gods" undecided
Re: What Is Our Purpose In The World by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2021
caspee:
Why suffer?

You can watch the YouTube videoby kurzegesagt called "optimistic nihilism". That will probably calm you down. If you don't want to watch just know that the purpose of life is what we make it to be.

(1) (Reply)

I Would Rather Die At The Hands Of Boko Haram Than Be A Muslim – Reno Omokri / Sunday Test: Would You Give In? / Make Small Improvements Every Day If You Want To Make A Big Difference!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.