Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310155 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Minnieny: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2022
Clearly you are the trouble maker cos why do you keep quoting me? Just overlook my post and move on Or must you comment on whatever I wrote? OK, I get it: You are obsessed cool
KoolK:

Lol. You seem like a trouble maker.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Minnieny: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
Alright, fair enough.

Once the list is out, I'll reveal something.
Liebermann:

88% could be for just the interview. I know some people score that high but scoring 88% overall is absolutely insane and must be quite rare.

You're right though, it's not just about what your score is. Like we've all agreed on here, there are way too many variables involved in the process. As to your comment about LGs, I too was curious about why they included it on the shortlist and I mean no one can say for certain but it's unlikely it plays a role in the final selection. There are so many LGs in every state to begin with, they can't just pick certain LGs and say they have to select candidates from there at the expense of better candidates from less prominent LGs. Just my two cents.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
ExpertNLer:
I have some speculation about the order of names published for candidates invited for the interviews but I don't have enough data to verify - so it would just be a speculation. Hopefully the final list comes out soon and I can confirm if my speculations are true

My brother as a computer scientist, I have thesesame speculation the first time I saw the list. Order is an important item in programming.I am surprised nobody is saying anything about it. Thank God I am
not the only one. For peace sake, let's keep our speculations to ourselves .
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2022
Omexx:

My brother as a computer scientist, I have thesesame speculation the first time I saw the list. Order is an important item in programming.I am surprised nobody is saying anything about it. Thank God I am

Are you saying the highest scoring candidates based on their application were listed first?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
Yes order is very important. I tried to use other metrics such as alphabetical order, PTDF serial number to justify the name placement all to no avail - I have used sample data of 6 states to verify what I think it is. But 6 states is not enough out of 36 grin
Omexx:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
Someone tried to email me, I don't have access to the email account used to register - so you will have to ask your questions here
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
Liebermann:

Are you saying the highest scoring candidates based on their application were listed first?

Yeah... But let's not dwell on it Sir
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Yes order is very important. I tried to use other metrics such as alphabetical order, PTDF serial number to justify the name placement all to no avail - I have used sample data of 6 states to verify what I think it is. But 6 states is not enough out of 36 grin

The PIN is not arranged serially. And from what I know from past scholars, the new PIN given to them after the final shortlisting is based on the level of their candidacy. So, I deduced Ptdf sorts lists in order.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Omexx: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Omexx:

The PIN is not arranged serially. And from what I know from past scholars, the new PIN given to them after the final shortlisting is based on the level of their candidacy. So, I deduced Ptdf sorts lists in order.
Though las las, the interview can change the order of things. So let's keep praying
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Exactly that order is without the interview component, and the interview component can swing things in favour of those with grace, so prayer is key
Omexx:
Though las las, the interview can change the order of things. So let's keep praying
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is exactly the order of final results of the successful applicants. When results are released, those with highest scores from each state will be on top of the list.
Liebermann:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by opani1: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2022
Dubai tourist visa 2022

joviegghead:

The thing no just clear.. Nothing is certain.

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Yabani1122: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Exactly that order is without the interview component, and the interview component can swing things in favour of those with grace, so prayer is key
Yap I think I concur with ur judgement, normally companies or organization program a software that can automatically reduce/screen out applicants using some set conditions. As it is not easy to manually screen out thousand plus applications. So I guess the software arranged the candidates according to their scores, By the way the list was published even b4 the end of the interview. Someone here said he has d original marking scheme and dat 1st class has a total points of 8, let's assume WAEC has a total of 30 marks (5A's) all 2gether will be 38. I only consider this two bcuz they are most likely the two variables PTDF use to program her software. Then I guess the remaining 62 marks are distributed to SOP/PROPOSAL, dressing, knowledge of the subject matter, presentation, and recommendation. I stand to be enlighten more
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by muhds1: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2022
FatimaMK:
This is exactly the order of final results of the successful applicants. When results are released, those with highest scores from each state will be on top of the list.

You mean this list is in order of the highest to the lowest scores of shortlisted candidates?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 06, 2022
FatimaMK:
Another observation is female candidates seem to be at the top of most states.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Whatever the case May be let's just keep on praying because it is the most important thing now. We have done our best
Liebermann:

Another observation is female candidates seem to be at the top of most states.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Spread your wings.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
Yabani1122:

Yap I think I concur with ur judgement, normally companies or organization program a software that can automatically reduce/screen out applicants using some set conditions. As it is not easy to manually screen out thousand plus applications. So I guess the software arranged the candidates according to their scores, By the way the list was published even b4 the end of the interview. Someone here said he has d original marking scheme and dat 1st class has a total points of 8, let's assume WAEC has a total of 30 marks (5A's) all 2gether will be 38. I only consider this two bcuz they are most likely the two variables PTDF use to program her software. Then I guess the remaining 62 marks are distributed to SOP/PROPOSAL, dressing, knowledge of the subject matter, presentation, and recommendation. I stand to be enlighten more

https://www.solomonubani.com/2019/01/ptdf-scholarship-interview.html#:~:text=The%20PTDF%20scholarship%20panel%20usually,8%20and%205%20points%20respectively.

This is the scoring criteria most people here keep referring to and it's 100% wrong. The grading system for that PTDF shortlist seems a lot more intricate as certain considerations were possibly made including field, gender, etc. Further variations will occur during the interview as the subjects for O'Level chosen for that list may differ. Maybe only degrees were used as the basis for that shortlist. Then comes publications and memberships and then the interview will carry a significant portion of the total grade. I like where I'm sitting and it seems fitting but I'm under no illusions because at the end of the day though the list might give you an idea of what you're working against, after that interview the list becomes absolutely useless.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2022
FatimaMK:
Whatever the case May be let's just keep on praying because it is the most important thing now. We have done our best

I saw your state, you seem to be in a good position. Most of us here will be on that final list. Inshaa Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Kpai1185: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2022
It's like there are packages for partial funding too.... Most likely the number of awards will increase this year....
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kpai1185:
It's like there are packages for partial funding too.... Most likely the number of awards will increase this year....

Don't tell me you fell for it? They always ask that question, its a trap IMO.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Yabani1122: 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2022
Liebermann:

https://www.solomonubani.com/2019/01/ptdf-scholarship-interview.html#:~:text=The%20PTDF%20scholarship%20panel%20usually,8%20and%205%20points%20respectively.

This is the scoring criteria most people here keep referring to and it's 100% wrong. The grading system for that PTDF shortlist seems a lot more intricate as certain considerations were possibly made including field, gender, etc. Further variations will occur during the interview as the subjects for O'Level chosen for that list may differ. Then comes publications and memberships and then the interview will carry a significant portion of the total grade. I like where I'm sitting and it seems fitting but I'm under no illusions because at the end of the day though the list might give you an idea of what you're working against, after that interview the list becomes absolutely useless.
Yap I hve seen this also, but this guy marking scheme 1st class= 8 marks differ from that of 2018 and 2019. Hmmm the way things are unfolding, na who get grace pass go dey successful list ooo, this one that a key factor "publications" were cancelled both for M.sc and PH.d only God knows what they all consider in place of that.
In 2019/2020, one of the panel openly told me that "I don't have publication and I need full scholarship??" Wic shows it was an important variable. That same year a lot of people won the scholarship without publication and professional membership. And that's called "GRACE"

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Yabani1122:

Yap I hve seen this also, but this guy marking scheme 1st class= 8 marks differ from that of 2018 and 2019. Hmmm the way things are unfolding, na who get grace pass go dey successful list ooo, this one that a key factor "publications" were cancelled both for M.sc and PH.d only God knows what they all consider in place of that.
In 2019/2020, one of the panel openly told me that "I don't have publication and I need full scholarship??" Wic shows it was an important variable. That same year a lot of people won the scholarship without publication and professional membership. And that's called "GRACE"

It really doesn't seem logical for O'levels to carry such weight compared to your first degree. Doesn't favour me either way but it just doesn't seem right.

Successful candidates here should please endeavour to find out as much as they can about the grading scheme so that future aspirants won't be cluelessly stabbing in the dark as much as we are. Will help you too if you're applying for PhD in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by toolazy: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2022
I'd disagree that the order is based on score for two reasons.
1. That won't be very much in my favor lol
2. On a serious note softwares usually sort based on creation (submission) date and time. We're seeing a list made up of either a first come, first serve or last come first serve or what you guys have alluded. This is most likely the case IMO.

Omexx:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
cheesy for the number 1 post
toolazy:
2. On a serious note softwares usually sort based on creation (submission) date and time. We're seeing a list made up of either a first come, first serve or last come first serve or what you guys have alluded. This is most likely the case IMO.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
ExpertNLer:
cheesy for the number 1 post

cheesy
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
I disagree with the submission time sha - because I know the profiles of people in 6 states. And two people I know submitted not so early and they're names are at the top (based on profiles). All speculative sha
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2022
toolazy:

Lol. E better be o. Like this I'm number 120 in my state.lol. which kind wahala be this.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2022
We do hope sir, but actually this account belongs to my wife, may be you saw her name in the Msc list. Mine is in the PhD list under that same state, the fourth name in the list. May we come out successful at the end. Thank you
Liebermann:

I saw your state, you seem to be in a good position. Most of us here will be on that final list. Inshaa Allah.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HarvelDan: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2022
This is the same issue I've been trying hard to resolve since morning. I really want to change my Interview Center but I can't find that option.
CovenantCee:
Hello Guys..

Kindly help out a brother.. I'm shortlisted for the about to commence ISS and I've gotten a mail to login to my profile and edit preferred interview, date and time, but on logging in, there's no such option.

Their WhatsApp and call contacts on the page ain't working.
Did anyone face this in the OSS Interview Session?

Who can suggest an alternative solution. Thank you.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by muhds1: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2022
Last last as said in their website "Selection for the award will be based strictly on performance in the interview" may God make us amongst the successful ones. Ameen!

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Ijawprincess: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2022
HarvelDan:
This is the same issue I've been trying hard to resolve since morning. I really want to change my Interview Center but I can't find that option.

You can now log in to update your profile @ PTDF ISS scholarship.It was removed this morning, but it is showing now. Try logging now you will see Update on your profile

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.